PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It was a game of inches and milliseconds: In Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the story with McClellin's blocked extra point that was flagged? Have not heard much discussion on it even though it was points of the board..

They called illegal formation on the defense. If you line up or are on the line of scrimmage over the center it's illegal. Mike Pereira said he didn't agree with the call because McClellon jumped over the gap and not directly over the center.

upload_2017-2-10_16-11-31.png

upload_2017-2-10_11-25-5-png.16270

That's the one that scared me to death. A pick 6 at that point would have been worse than the Unmentionable Game.

Breathtaking work, thank you. i still gasp when I see how close the ball was to the ground on Edelman's great catch.

That other pass to Edelman where you say "This was close as well. Alford tries to knock it out immediately after the catch but he might have been able to deflect the ball. He was right there." ..What a brilliant and ballsy throw. So Brady. The lob to Bennett in the EZ in OT ... not so much. Phew.

That throw to Edelman was crazy.. that was Brady's 95 MPH fast ball.. pin point accuracy. If he throws that ball 2-4 inches off the mark it could have been deflected and god knows what happens.

Reminded me of a lot of the throws in the Seattle Super Bowl.

Julio had gogo gadget fingers on that catch....

They called illegal formation on the defense. If you line up or are on the line of scrimmage over the center it's illegal. Mike Pereira said he didn't agree with the call because McClellon jumped over the gap and not directly over the center.

View attachment 16278
Yeah I guess I'm wondering if it was in fact a blown call and if there has been any acknowledgement from the league that it was.

Yeah I guess I'm wondering if it was in fact a blown call and if there has been any acknowledgement from the league that it was.

SB Nation wrote about it.
The Super Bowl 2017 refs really only blew one call

Blandinko oddly discusses a Brady throw that was a legal pass and not a fumble (the one that Bennette ends up catching), the clock run off during an Atlanta punt and Whites TD in overtime. Someone does ask him about the illegal formation call.

It always seems like the league acknowledges blown calls that don't make any difference in the game but when it comes missing meaningful calls they offer silence.

That was a hard game. It further enhance the legacy of the pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents