PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isn't Goodell facing a conflict of interest?

ChoWZa

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If Goodell were to exonerate Brady completely, wouldn't that also be an admission that the punishment against the Patriots franchise(draft pick/fine) were wrongly given. Doesn't Goodell have an obvious incentive to stick by his punishment of the Patriots?

Also, if he did exonerate Brady, how can he then defend the punishment against the Patriots, especially when the basis for the punishment, the Wells Report, specifically noted the organization had no involvement.

I'm surprised the NFLPA didn't push this angle.

Although i agree with you i think you have forgotten one important factor here... Goodell believes himself to be god...................and even if he contradicts himself he will give some sort of feeble excuse and do what he wants anyway. He is a legend in his own mind......................

In my thinking this would be less of a farce if he only punished Brady. It makes no sense to me how he can claim to be neutral after already having doled out punishment to the Patriots. Blows my mind.

Lets face it guys the whole thing from start to whenever it finishes has been a farce. The Wells report has been shown to be not worth the million or so pages it was written on. Goodell has made both himself and the N.F.L. a laughing stock and i'm afraid the only one who can't see that is the man himself. Its high time one of his disciples had an honest chat with him, although being god would he listen???

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back