SOURCE:Patriots.com

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Sun
Sep 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
White Wash
It was a whitewash in Miami as the Patriots defense rocked the Dolphins and New England improved to 2-0 on the season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Is there any way to use the old interface?

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Fencer, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Fencer

Fencer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,134
    ---
    I still haven't gotten used to not being able to read quotes in their entirety. Heck, I still haven't memorized which icon t0 start with for the extra click to insert a quote.

Is there any way to use the old UI, or was this a definitive software change leaving us stuck with the new one?

2. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +7,838
    ---
    There was a definitive software change, which has us under the new one which is faster, more responsive and should improve game day performance compared to the old software. The goal was to improve the experience in here and update things a little. I know it's a bit different, but it's not too bad once you get used to it and it's actually better in terms of how much more efficiently things work. However, I'm here to help anytime, so certainly don't hesitate to ask :D

Now, to help you out, here's a quick tutorial of how to deal with quoting a message:
    Reply-Button-Quote.jpg

If you're looking to quote multiple messages, here's a quick run down on how to do that:

Step 1:
    Multi-Quote-Step-1.jpg

Step 2:
    Multi-Quote-Step-2.jpg

Step 3:
    Multi-Quote-Step-3.jpg

Step 4:
    Multi-Quote-Step-4.jpg

Any questions, let me know and feel free to ask anything additional and I'll be happy to help with that as well :cool:

Ian

3. Fencer

Fencer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,134
    ---
    Thanks, Ian.

Actually, quoting a message isn't where you added hassle. Rather, it's in bringing in text from another site and putting it in quotes.

Well, that and reading any kind of quote. Reading quotes is a lot harder than it used to be, because of how they fade and are hidden without their full length showing. I'm sure you had your reasons for that, but I don't like to have all those extra clicks required for reading the boards. Maybe it's just me, and most other folks actually like doing more clicking.

4. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +7,838
    ---
    I
    I think they did that primarily to condense them for people scrolling through. Haven't heard from many people on this but I could look certainly lengthen them if need be.

I will be making some changes but am still a little bogged down with some personal stuff I'm trying to get through, which will hopefully settle down in a couple of weeks. Finally had some time tonight so I wanted to at least get back to you to let you know you're in my plans for some of the upcoming changes heading into this season :)

5. Fencer

Fencer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,134
    ---
    No worries!

My tastes aren't always the same as other people's. :)