PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the whole Globe sports Department, numb (other then Reiss)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SamBamsFan said:
I found this and thought it was both interesting and appropriate:

“On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon.†Ron Borges

Love it. I remembered that he claimed the Patriots missed the chance on David Terrell, but I forgot the full quote.

The thing that gets me with Borges is not just how biased his coverage is, or the fact that he is wrong the vast majority of the time, but its the condescending tone of his articles in the face of his pathetic record. I mean, how foolish could he be? How could he criticize the Patriots this strongly at draft time, given that any of his preferred picks could turn into busts and that the Pats pick could become one of the best defensive players in the game? Now we know that is exactly the case and he looks a moron. Of course, he never revisits his incorrect predictions, but if it had worked as he first indicated, we would be still reading column after column of "I told you so".

14thDragon said:
What they want is BB to say that he was wrong and they were right. They want a declaration that he should have showered Adam with love and given him a large contract right off the bat and his strident insistence of treating all players equally is ruining the chances of a winning ever again.

Their position from the start is that the team should cater to wishes of the star players and give them whatever they want whenever they want. It drives them crazy that BB/SP and everyone else in the organization refuses to panic. They did not go and spend thier new found cap space wildly. They stuck to how they do buisness. Since they lost a lot of talent, the media consensus is that they have lost the season. This is despite not having a meaningful game for months.

That BB still refuses to say that he was wrong in the way he handled the AV situation, they will keep pestering him until he does.

Bill Belichick is clearly a devotee of the Donald Rumsfeld school of media management. Or is it the other way around? In any case, their press conferences are remarkably similar. And equally annoying to Boston Globe "reporters". :rocker:

Last edited:
Mike the Brit said:
I disagree -- BB doesn't "defy football logic", he applies it.

He doesn't improve the team by replacing a superior player with an inferior player. He'd have to be some kind of a magician to do that. That would be great for the media ("Bill Belichick -- Genius Does It Again!") What frustrates them (and some fans, apparently?) is that Bill doesn't buy the hype but spends all his time deflating it.

What I mean when I say he defies football logic is that the common idea is that the team with the most stars wins. I'm not talking about true logic, but the logic of many pundits. Most Pats fans and the select few sports writers understand that Belichick's success is completely logical. In the eys of the hacks, stars=the best players=better team. Belichick is not the only one who defies this--last year the Steelers had few megastars. I'm just saying that the national media jumos for joy when a team aquires Pro Bowler A, and automatically declares them the best team. Belichick rarely ever gets satrs yet he seems to consistently have the best team--it doesn't make sense to some people. When I say "logic" I don't mean it as true, I just mean that it is commonly accepted. Just as people feel that throwing 49 TD's in a season=a championship. We've all seen this isn't true, but it still pizzled people in the media.

Last edited:
mgcolby said:
"Is this, too, OK with you Patriots fans?"

umm, yes, yes it is ok with this Pats fan.

Last edited:
BB doesn't even talk about players who are with the team but injured. The focus is on who's there now and what can they do for the team.

SamBamsFan said:
I found this and thought it was both interesting and appropriate:

“On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon.” Ron Borges

I want to issue a public apology to the Three Stooges for posting their picture as Globe writers. The Stooges are a lot smarter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back