PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the chip finally off the shoulder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Been reading reddit.com/r/nfl lately and a lot of other teams message boards, seems the consensus is TFB is the greatest ever. Hell, even during the SB game a falcon fan posted:

28-3 and said "this is good right? They're gonna win the big game?!?" (she's not a football fan in the slightest) All I said was, it looks good, but it's far from over and he's the greatest QB to ever play the game, so it's far from done.

And that was before he went all kamakazi on their ass to solidify his place in history.

Anyways, was just wondering if he now feels like he's gotten the respect he deserves. Personally, I think he has a lot more to prove, but thats just me /s

I think it's all about finding motivation for him. Now, he's going to try to prove he can play at an elite level into his early to mid forties.

I think it's all about finding motivation for him. Now, he's going to try to prove he can play at an elite level into his early to mid forties.

That's actually a really good point, didn't think of that. It makes sense though, now that he's achieved it all, everyone is saying he's going to fall off because of his age. Chip is back on his shoulder!

Reminds me of either Karate Kid ending or the first Hunger Games.

I don't feel like a "chip" is what is the main motivation for Tom Brady. This is mostly media driven. Chip on the shoulder crap.

The one and only thing I'll agree with that arrogant f*ck Aaron "We beat ourselves" Rodgers is how important self motivation is. Being motivated solely by external factors is not a good thing.

Has Dexter Manley said that Brady's the G.O.A.T., and that he'd take Tom over any other QB in history? Until that day comes, the chip stays.

For breakfast.

000000009688.jpg

Been reading reddit.com/r/nfl lately and a lot of other teams message boards, seems the consensus is TFB is the greatest ever. Hell, even during the SB game a falcon fan posted:

And that was before he went all kamakazi on their ass to solidify his place in history.

Anyways, was just wondering if he now feels like he's gotten the respect he deserves. Personally, I think he has a lot more to prove, but thats just me /s

I don't think the chip has been sitting on his shoulder all these years. I see it more as that chip on his shoulder in college and first 2-5 years as a pro caused him to develop a mission-driven personality and work ethic. I don't think his achieving successes changes that.

But at the same time, NFL as he chooses to do it requires a certain level of commitment. As many others have said, when time comes that he feels Gisele and the kids are being short changed, I think that will drive the chippy attitude to fall off (and hopefully retirement, as I wouldn't want to watch ' Bad Brady').

Perhaps the chip has been replaced with an "edge", he seems to want to prove folks wrong about his longevity.. towards the end Favre and Peyton were painful to watch and stayed too long, it does not seem he wants to imitate that charade.

He and his plant based diet, vitamins/minerals and work out regimen may be something he can market in the future. TB12 many have a long shelf life..

Brady definitely has a chip on his shoulder. In the early years Brady had no favorite receiver but slowly became a little bit of a prima donna who seemed frustrated with the idea of breaking in new/green receivers and that was clearly on display in 2013 and all of this culminated in the blowout loss against KC in 2014. Not only was he embarrassed, he was showed up by rookie qb, Jimmy G, that easily found success in Gronk and Lafell. From that point on Lafell was a consistent part of the offense and Brady's ability was never questioned again....until deflategate. An overlooked 6th rd pick obviously does not like what naysayers have to say.

I don't feel like a "chip" is what is the main motivation for Tom Brady. This is mostly media driven. Chip on the shoulder crap.

The one and only thing I'll agree with that arrogant f*ck Aaron "We beat ourselves" Rodgers is how important self motivation is. Being motivated solely by external factors is not a good thing.

I dunna know man. If his emotions from The Brady 6 is any indication, he uses the past dissing to drive himself.

I also think he just has an incredible desire to compete and win. Losing is hell on Earth for him.

I dunna know man. If his emotions from The Brady 6 is any indication, he uses the past dissing to drive himself.

I also think he just has an incredible desire to compete and win. Losing is hell on Earth for him.

I agree. That phrase he repeats about what ring is best ("The next one.") and his acknowledgment that he needs to be the best every day because nothing is given to you seems to suggest that is who he is, not a cry for acknowledgment. Even his statistical goals with Manning written in those e-mails to his Dad even sound like pure competitor and a private competition in itself.

He does seem like he will not spend much time looking back on his career until it is actually over.

Brady definitely has a chip on his shoulder. In the early years Brady had no favorite receiver but slowly became a little bit of a prima donna who seemed frustrated with the idea of breaking in new/green receivers and that was clearly on display in 2013 and all of this culminated in the blowout loss against KC in 2014. Not only was he embarrassed, he was showed up by rookie qb, Jimmy G, that easily found success in Gronk and Lafell. From that point on Lafell was a consistent part of the offense and Brady's ability was never questioned again....until deflategate. An overlooked 6th rd pick obviously does not like what naysayers have to say.

I don't think it was so much that he was "frustrated" with the prospect of breaking in Thompkins and Dobson in 2013 (he seemed to have zero problems with Amendola, for example) as much as it was that those two really sucked.

Dobson is a Lion and may make the team.
I saw a interview where he was saying he just needs to get on the field and him and Tom never made a connection blah blah blah.

Has Dexter Manley said that Brady's the G.O.A.T., and that he'd take Tom over any other QB in history? Until that day comes, the chip stays.
Gotta love Dexter and his love for Joe T. the GOAT.

The blokes last three seasons have been unreal he just came back from 28-3 in a super bowl and some people have the audacity to ask if this is his last season and if Jimmy G will take over in the 2018 season....there still is a chip 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes