PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is that the most tainted sports championship you've witnessed?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

@Ian, could we get a filter that adds an asterisk * to the end of words like Chiefs* or Mahomes*?

• Yes please add a filter like that, I'll donate to make it happen

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • No don't do it

Votes: 27 48.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me guess, spygate is nothing. This is exactly what 31 other franchises say about the Pats.
Of course it was. Their infraction was the location of their cameras and defiance of a trivial league memo. The act of filming the way they were was not illegal, and it was extremely common.

By comparison, this was brazenly handing a team a Super Bowl championship, with outrageous calls 2 weeks in a row. Particularly this one, where throwing that unjustified flag in the last minute effectively crowned the Chiefs winners.

Not tainted at all
The ending was the worst ending in SB history though

You don't throw that flag in that situation after not throwing it all game

CRY BABIES. Accept that another team and player are building a legacy themselves. Y’all sound like insecure, spurned ex-boyfriends. It’s JETE-esque behavior.

Pats and Brady are untouchable to any common sense fan. Quit whining just because someone else has success.

What about the pathetic call? What about the same call that won the Rams the Superbowl last year?

That did or didn't happen?

Of course it was. Their infraction was the location of their cameras and defiance of a trivial league memo. The act of filming the way they were was not illegal, and it was extremely common.

LOL

By comparison, this was brazenly handing a team a Super Bowl championship, with outrageous calls 2 weeks in a row. Particularly this one, where throwing that unjustified flag in the last minute effectively crowned the Chiefs winners.

The Pats got some calls too in SB 51. Just as an example, that holding call on the Falcons lineman drawn by hightower pushed the Falcons out of FG range. And it was Carl Cheffers who was the head referee that game too. I saw Edelman push off in SB49 on one of his touchdowns with no call. The reason the Eagles lost today was because they didn't score much in the second half.

NFL is rigged and has been for quite some time now. It’s obvious

Refs are deciding too many NFL games with calls and non-calls ands it threatens to ruin the sport. A great game tonight was ruined by a ******** call. The entire referee system in the NFL needs to be revisited.

CRY BABIES. Accept that another team and player are building a legacy themselves. Y’all sound like insecure, spurned ex-boyfriends. It’s JETE-esque behavior. You would not be saying the same is the Pats were put in place of the Chiefs tonight.

Pats and Brady are untouchable to any common sense fan. Quit whining just because someone else has success.
There's zero defending that penalty/flag. Zero. It completely determined the winner of the Super Bowl.

To laugh it off and gaslight anyone who saw that happen with "ur just cry baby, insecure, etc." is the real childish response here. I'd feel extremely dirty if the Pats won a Super Bowl like this.

What about the pathetic call? What about the same call that won the Rams the Superbowl last year?

That did or didn't happen?
The thing is. I'm sure fans of other teams could look through games we've had and calls we have gotten and say the same thing.

Nah. Chiefs beat a very good team.

Let's face it, Mahomes is on Peyton Manning and Big Ben's level.

There's zero defending that penalty/flag. Zero. It completely determined the winner of the Super Bowl.

To laugh it off and gaslight anyone who saw that happen with "ur just cry baby, insecure, etc." is the real childish response here.
I don't think you are childish. I've just experienced the same thing during our dynasty years and people saying refs were always on our side

CRY BABIES. Accept that another team and player are building a legacy themselves. Y’all sound like insecure, spurned ex-boyfriends. It’s JETE-esque behavior.

Why the F would I care whether Kansas City wins or loses? I don’t. I don’t hate them or give two shts about them. I hate the Jets and Ravens, I’m completely ambivalent about the Chiefs. Doesn’t make the circumstances any less shady.

LOL

The Pats got some calls too in SB 51. Just as an example, that holding call on the Falcons lineman drawn by hightower pushed the Falcons out of FG range. And it was Carl Cheffers who was the head referee that game too. I saw Edelman push off in SB49 on one of his touchdowns with no call. The reason the Eagles lost today was because they didn't score much in the second half.
You're cherry picking and deflecting to obscure calls/no-calls because you can't defend what just happened. Quit it.

The thing is. I'm sure fans of other teams could look through games we've had and calls we have gotten and say the same thing.

Call me crazy but the last two minutes of the Superbowl is not the time I wanna find out that the refs are gonna call a 50/50 call at best instead of just letting the olay go.

They could of easily called offensive holding too but surprisingly that didn't make the cut.

I wanted to give it a chance, but I told my whole family before the game that as much as I wanted Philly to win (only because I reject the media's anointing of everything Chiefs), I knew the NFL would "make" the Chiefs win. And, at halftime I said, I know it's shaping up to be a "comeback".
I just was surprised how the Eagles fell flat in the 3rd to help it happen. But the obvious stupid holding call in that 3rd down situation is one of the worst calls to decide a game ever. There was the proof.

Call me crazy but the last two minutes of the Superbowl is not the time I wanna find out that the refs are gonna call a 50/50 call at best instead of just letting the olay go.

They could of easily called offensive holding too but surprisingly that didn't make the cut.
I don't deny the refs suck. Its just hard to believe that the nfl is rigging it for KC.

I don't think you are childish. I've just experienced the same thing during our dynasty years and people saying refs were always on our side

You've also experienced the Giants holding the entire Patriots defensive line on the Tyree play too.

You have a ref on record saying he almost blew that play dead because the QB was wrapped up but he didn't. Why?

Because it's the ****ing Superbowl and you let the 50/50s go.

Not tainted at all
The ending was the worst ending in SB history though

You don't throw that flag in that situation after not throwing it all game
Throwing that flag determined the outcome and crowned the Chiefs* champions. It's unanimous that flag was unjustified. No other Super Bowl has been decided on a flag thrown like this one was.

Conclusion: tainted. 100% tainted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back