PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it possible to hate a team more than the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. I promise you Jet fans hate the Pats more. Why wouldn't they? You say you hate the Jets now try to imagine the Jets winning 3 super bowls the last 10 years and owning the division. You sir have no clue what hate is

Since the death of my ex brother in law and Saddam Husein, I am left without hate for anyone or anything.

I like being free of hate. Except i do hate traffic, a Jets loss, being late, etc.

Of course I always enjoy a good beat down of the pats.

I love rivalry's.

It's interesting enough that of all people you Patriot fans would label the Jets as "Lucky" when I can easily remember games being won towards the end by field goals or less during the Vinatieri era.

With that being said, this season Jets have your number - On paper the Patriots look like an average team at best granted Brady is one of the best quarterbacks in the league but unless he plays PERFECT, and even then I still don't believe you have a chance, we have far too many weapons on both sides of the field.

Look for that regular season home win streak to end at 25!

It's interesting enough that of all people you Patriot fans would label the Jets as "Lucky" when I can easily remember games being won towards the end by field goals or less during the Vinatieri era.

With that being said, this season Jets have your number - On paper the Patriots look like an average team at best granted Brady is one of the best quarterbacks in the league but unless he plays PERFECT, and even then I still don't believe you have a chance, we have far too many weapons on both sides of the field.

Look for that regular season home win streak to end at 25!
Didn't think it was possible to be off base so many times in that short of a comment.

Winning a close game does not equal being lucky; two different things.

Winning one game does not equal having another team's number.

On paper the Pats are 9-2; 9-2 does not equal "average at best".

Brady has been less than perfect in most of the Patriots wins this year; why would he need to be perfect this game?

Even if Brady is perfect the Patriots have "no chance"?

How can you with a straight face say a 9-2 team playing at home has no chance?

If the Jets have "far too many weapons on both sides of the field" for a 9-2 team to have a chance of winning at home, then how do you explain the Jets losing to teams with worse records?

If a 9-2 team has no chance against the Jets, how is it that several teams with inferior records have had a very good chance of beating the Jets?

Congratulations on an utter and complete fail on your very first post.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why people hate the Jets in the first place. They just aren't relevant enough to hate. I hate the Colts. I hate the Steelers. I hate the Broncos. Those are all teams that have beaten us in big games as well as actually won a championship or two since LBJ was gracing the White House.

I may hate the Jets if they actually accomplish something but for now, hating the Jets is like hating the Lions or the Texans.

LOL. I promise you Jet fans hate the Pats more. Why wouldn't they? You say you hate the Jets now try to imagine the Jets winning 3 super bowls the last 10 years and owning the division. You sir have no clue what hate is
Yes! I agree with this statement 100%! Jets fans hate us far more than we hate the Jets. I remember in the 80's I hated the 49ers and in the 90's I hated the Cowboys. But why did I hate those teams? Well, truth is I hated them because I was jealous. Jealous that they were winning championships left and right while we oftimes dwelled in the cellar.

So to me it makes perfect sense that the Jets hate the Patriots.

Didn't think it was possible to be off base so many times in that short of a comment.

Winning a close game does not equal being lucky; two different things.

Winning one game does not equal having another team's number.

On paper the Pats are 9-2; 9-2 does not equal "average at best".

Brady has been less than perfect in most of the Patriots wins this year; why would he need to be perfect this game?

Even if Brady is perfect the Patriots have "no chance"?

How can you with a straight face say a 9-2 team playing at home has no chance?

If the Jets have "far too many weapons on both sides of the field" for a 9-2 team to have a chance of winning at home, then how do you explain the Jets losing to teams with worse records?

If a 9-2 team has no chance against the Jets, how is it that several teams with inferior records have had a very good chance of beating the Jets?

Congratulations on an utter and complete fail on your very first post.

Thank you! :D

I understand competitiveness and all that, but some of you are ******* scary. It's a football game and a football team that you're not on. You (and not all of you) sound like the *******s that scream at someone's kid if they dare come to your stadium. Get a ******* grip.
I imagine the OP is some 21 year old with no grasp on reality who yells "Yankees Suck" during a Pats Super Bowl victory party.

I understand competitiveness and all that, but some of you are ******* scary. It's a football game and a football team that you're not on. You (and not all of you) sound like the *******s that scream at someone's kid if they dare come to your stadium. Get a ******* grip.
I imagine the OP is some 21 year old with no grasp on reality who yells "Yankees Suck" during a Pats Super Bowl victory party.

I won't disagree with what you said about some of the comments, but I don't think this is anything in comparison to what is written on Jet fan forums. Maybe it's not compiled into one big thread, but what people have said at Jets Insider and Gang Green over the years about the Pats and Pats fans is far worse.

On a side not, how is somebody with the screen name SpyG8 allowed to sign up here? Do you think somebody with a comparable screen name in terms of trollishness would be allowed to comment on a Jets site?

Seriously, I've never hated a team more than this. So effing lucky again this week. Just from top to bottom, I hate that entire organization. And have you seen the majority of their fans? They're the most disgusting lowlife pieces of garbage imaginable. I cannot wait to destroy them in a couple weeks.

every team has at least one purely hated rival, and every team thinks that team's fanbase is full of ******* ******s

true story bro

Hate is the ultimate sign of respect.
exactly

when a rival starts sucking, the hate pretty much is at low levels

when the rival starts to rise to the top, the hate grows

this occurs in EVERY fanbase

I won't disagree with what you said about some of the comments, but I don't think this is anything in comparison to what is written on Jet fan forums. Maybe it's not compiled into one big thread, but what people have said at Jets Insider and Gang Green over the years about the Pats and Pats fans is far worse.

On a side not, how is somebody with the screen name SpyG8 allowed to sign up here? Do you think somebody with a comparable screen name in terms of trollishness would be allowed to comment on a Jets site?

If it's not obvious, I'm a Jets fan and, yes I see the same stuff in The Jets forum and it makes me just as sick. If someone can come onto an opposing board and have a rational discussion, which has happened, I'm all for it. Honestly it makes the troll obvious and look foolish right off the bat. I just want a good game (that the Jets win) without all the BS that goes along with it.

the funniest thing i see all the time is when a team is mega hated, then they start to suck, and then a new team rises to the top, the rival fans will start to say "ya know i know 'team A' was our most hated rival, but i swear i hate 'team B' now so much more!"

it's comical!

Makes the Monday night game that much more important. Should be an awesome test for the team. A win could be a huge momentum wave we can ride into the playoffs. Plus it might allow us to get rest in Week 17.

Even if you beat the Jets (doubtful at best), you still have the Bears and Packers on your Sked. YOu think they will just roll over the the mighty Pats "d".

Aaron Rodgers will eat the Pats secondary alive. and Clay Mathews will
harrass Brady all day long.

This is the NFL, son. YOu think those two teams will kiss Pats cheating coach's rings.

Lam

Even if you beat the Jets (doubtful at best), you still have the Bears and Packers on your Sked. YOu think they will just roll over the the mighty Pats "d".

Aaron Rodgers will eat the Pats secondary alive. and Clay Mathews will
harrass Brady all day long.

This is the NFL, son. YOu think those two teams will kiss Pats cheating coach's rings.

Lam

Either way, we won't drop a huge goose egg against the packers like the Jets did. Your team has yet to beat winning teams since you played the Pats. Just like we ate the Ravens defense up, just like we ate the Steelers defense up(arguably the best in the NFL), we'll eat those defenses too.

Don't forget who we have taking snaps on offense...

and for the record, I don't see the Jets beating Steelers in their house, sorry.

Can't we all just get a long ?? =) as a Jets fan, I hate Tom Brady more than the Pats organization .. but I hate him because he is awesome and clutch ... and for no other reason.

The spygate thing fueled the fire ... and just made us hate the Pats more ... its too bad that spygate happened because it did sort of put a dark cloud over the Pats super bowl wins.

Personally i dont think the videotaping had any real effect on the outcome of the game ... but no one really knows for sure.

new york is a smelly ass dump of a place and the jets are a joke.:D but no team talks a better game than the jets. I'm just glad its not a talking contest or the pats would get there ass kicked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back