PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

Greatest I am

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score

Is it a sin to want to open one’s eyes instead of being blind?

Is it a sin to do as scriptures urge us to do?

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Gen 3:2 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

Adam and Eve were doing exactly what we are all told by scriptures to do, yet God seemed quite upset.

Why is seeking knowledge and ignoring a vile command to remain in ignorant bliss wrong or a sin?

Are you sinning when you seek knowledge and becoming more like God?

Regards
DL

This thread is going well ...

This thread is going well ...

I guess that no one here cares that this myth is the root of Christian misogyny and inequality.

I guess sports fans don't care that their wives, daughters and mothers are second class citizens because of Eden and Christianity.

Regards
DL

Last edited:

Is it a sin to want to open one’s eyes instead of being blind?

Is it a sin to do as scriptures urge us to do?

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Gen 3:2 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

Adam and Eve were doing exactly what we are all told by scriptures to do, yet God seemed quite upset.

Why is seeking knowledge and ignoring a vile command to remain in ignorant bliss wrong or a sin?

Are you sinning when you seek knowledge and becoming more like God?

Regards
DL

It doesn't forbid "knowledge", it forbids "knowledge of good and evil", you know, the stuff of which you think you have the sole grasp.

It doesn't forbid "knowledge", it forbids "knowledge of good and evil", you know, the stuff of which you think you have the sole grasp.

I do not think that at all. I am trying to make my forte morals, not the knowledge of good and evil directly.

Knowledge of good and evil is not moral knowledge and I admit that beside most Christians and Muslims, I would say they can learn from me and not me from them.

Moral knowledge I would likely class with wisdom and the tree of knowledge of good and evil, while being basically the knowledge of everything, as all things are subject to the adjective of good and evil, only lead to moral knowledge and wisdom. The knowledge of facts does not really give their moral value as most things that are evil can sometimes be good. Wisdom is what we have when we finally can make moral judgements based on the facts at hand or under discussion.

Does knowing just how much was at stake for A & E change your mind?

Or do you now think they made the right choice of not remaining as bright as bricks and ignoring God really stupid command?

Regards
DL

I do not think that at all. I am trying to make my forte morals, not the knowledge of good and evil directly.

Knowledge of good and evil is not moral knowledge and I admit that beside most Christians and Muslims, I would say they can learn from me and not me from them.

Moral knowledge I would likely class with wisdom and the tree of knowledge of good and evil, while being basically the knowledge of everything, as all things are subject to the adjective of good and evil, only lead to moral knowledge and wisdom. The knowledge of facts does not really give their moral value as most things that are evil can sometimes be good. Wisdom is what we have when we finally can make moral judgements based on the facts at hand or under discussion.

Does knowing just how much was at stake for A & E change your mind?

Or do you now think they made the right choice of not remaining as bright as bricks and ignoring God really stupid command?

Regards
DL

What are morals based on? You're own opinion?

A God who I understood completely would cease to be a God who is "greater". I expect there to be things about Him that I do not understand. YMMV.

Isaiah 55:8-9 New International Version (NIV)
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,
declares the Lord.
As the heavens are higher than the earth,so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back