PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Cordarrelle Patterson the new Cat in town???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually surprised that they haven't tried him more on sweeps and bubble screens. He's not much of a route runner, and never has been, but I thought they would at least try those more often to get the ball in his hands, get blockers out in front of him, and let him work.

I'm actually surprised that they haven't tried him more on sweeps and bubble screens. He's not much of a route runner, and never has been, but I thought they would at least try those more often to get the ball in his hands, get blockers out in front of him, and let him work.
Given the limits on offense the last few weeks they should have screened everyone to death. White didn't get enough screens either.

It seems Josh chose to keep trying to run the regular O and maybe they'll all be better for it as the year moves on but clearly it's been ugly. Hopefully the theory would be the other WRs will be more prepared for their roles when Jules gets back by not having used to many gimmicks to get by and letting the O progress. Obvious question would be how much could it have progressed giving how bad it looked.

Hopefully they have been working with him on his backing up, so the next time they throw a screen to him he doesn't fall on his ass with nothing but open field in front of him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back