PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady more mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just keep coming back to that one embarrassing play against KC where he could have run but chose to throw incomplete instead. I bet that was played in the film room more than once.

It's been night and day since then.

you people are seeing things you wanna see...he's the same Brady, probably even a step slower, but then how the hell could you ever tell? Experience...his ability to process situations and act accordingly, instinctively..THAT is what we're seeing.

Tom himself said that he worked hard this year to improve that aspect of his game.

I just keep coming back to that one embarrassing play against KC where he could have run but chose to throw incomplete instead. I bet that was played in the film room more than once.

It's been night and day since then.
Part being a great coach is getting the most out of a player. Part of being a great player is getting the most out of yourself.

Not sure what the motions where but me thinks they both put a spotlight on themselves and made sure they stayed true to what the are- Great.

Tom himself said that he worked hard this year to improve that aspect of his game.
When did he say this? I would be interested in hearing what he said.

When did he say this? I would be interested in hearing what he said.

I listen to and read a lot, so I can't recall right now where I heard/saw it. I'll see if I can dig it up.

you people are seeing things you wanna see...he's the same Brady, probably even a step slower, but then how the hell could you ever tell? Experience...his ability to process situations and act accordingly, instinctively..THAT is what we're seeing.
I disagree. There are reports that he was seen during training camp off on his own working on his mobility. And I don't ever remember him being able to throw on the run as well as he has this year. In the past, throwing on the run seemed something of a weakness of his. His strength was moving in the pocket and he has that back, with an added dimension.

TAPE. It became obvious opponents were not respecting the fact that Brady could extend plays by scrambling or rush for a few yards because he stopped doing it. This made it easier to cover our receivers. He also trusts the OLINE more. I assume the just needed time to get on the same page.

IMO Brady was never that mobile qb like Newton, Vick,etc. But before his knee injury he seemed more Mobile and lively in the pocket. People blame the lack of mobility on his decline but I blame it on trust and fear... Fear of losing his knee again and trusting that his knew won't just give out or get tweaked from running.

I think he has put mostof these problems behind him and just wants to win... And prove the Brady haters wrong..

I'm 33 years old and my knee and shoulders are all banged up.. I don't trust my body like I use to.. Then again I'm in 1/10th of the shape I use to be haha

I disagree. There are reports that he was seen during training camp off on his own working on his mobility. And I don't ever remember him being able to throw on the run as well as he has this year. In the past, throwing on the run seemed something of a weakness of his. His strength was moving in the pocket and he has that back, with an added dimension.

In response to the Wickersham article though, the writer focuses on Brady moving in the pocket and talks about how he patterned it after Manning. Manning obviously isn't throwing on the run out there, so the reference seems to be to Brady moving in the pocket better than he used to.

right...of course...Peytie thought it up first and Brady is just ripping it off...tra la la....sing that tune and it becomes TRUE!!!

Just like the preposterous, unchallenged IDIOCY pre-game that Brady is a mere robot who gets the play from the sideline while the Great Peytie calls all his own...THUS the "GREATNESS!".

Of course I don't see a thread here wherein coach Belichick TOTALLY DEBUNKS this total garbage in his interview on EEI Monday..."we trust Tom will make the proper reads and call the right play..."

."we trust Tom will make the proper reads and call the right play..."

Every goddamned arrogant shyt spitter that has fostered this ridiculous "myth of Manning" needs to be mocked , denigrated openly and forced to admit their ridiculous biases. It's become a totally sickening national sports JOKE.

It was in the media that he has made a point of this. when he works on something, he improves. Doesn't take much, just extra focused work.

Bledsoe turned into a statue about for about half his career. Neither is any gazelle, but Bledsoe never saw a need, while we all saw him become a target back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents