PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Belichick drafting aspects of teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz421

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
i always marvel how coach is ahead of the curve. First thing I noticed with Winn was his run blocking. Then he is paired with Andrews who is fellow teammates and they get Michels who averaged an insane yard per carry. Was this all part of a plan. Reminds me of everyone crying about Rutgers picks and then we see some very timely interceptions. We also now see two Mcourtys. Hmmmm is he thinking in parts where everyone else is thinking pieces? Lol, watch for coming smash mouth run game.

i always marvel how coach is ahead of the curve. First thing I noticed with Winn was his run blocking. Then he is paired with Andrews who is fellow teammates and they get Michels who averaged an insane yard per carry. Was this all part of a plan. Reminds me of everyone crying about Rutgers picks and then we see some very timely interceptions. We also now see two Mcourtys. Hmmmm is he thinking in parts where everyone else is thinking pieces? Lol, watch for coming smash mouth run game.

He's drafting to keep the defense off the field for awhile.

I saw some reporter, I forget who, saying they believe he's trying to take advantage of teams playing with 3 DBS by running more.

He drafts from well coached teams I think. No surprise that Greg Schiano did some consultancy work after the Rutgers picks and now Bielema is after Arkansas picks. And then there’s the repeated links to Alabama and Stanford. More Georgia picks in the future wouldn’t surprise me.

Seriously how can you criticize someone with his track record. Why not try and figure out how he’s thinking differently. Defense will be fine. It was injuries that hampered last years defense. They will get healthy and they have the rest of the draft.

Seriously how can you criticize someone with his track record. Why not try and figure out how he’s thinking differently. Defense will be fine. It was injuries that hampered last years defense. They will get healthy and they have the rest of the draft.

It's hit and miss. He hasn't exactly been perfect. After that performance in the super bowl i thought it would be all defense.

It's hit and miss. He hasn't exactly been perfect. After that performance in the super bowl i thought it would be all defense.

You can't build your team around the result of 1 game. If that was how to do it, Jerod Mayo was a bad pick because we should have gone offense, we only scored 14 points in the Super Bowl months before.

The result of BB's "imperfect" roster building is seven consecutive Championship Game appearances that have yielded four Superbowl appearances. In 2015, in spite of being perhaps the most injury-wracked team in the league, they still made it to the AFCCG. In 2017, in spite of having numerous injuries to key players on both sides of the ball, they still made it to the Superbowl and came within one or two plays of winning it against the hottest team in the NFL.

Step back and take a look at the bigger picture, and take some time to learn the details of how "the machine" actually works. I guarantee that you'll enjoy football a whole lot more.

The result of BB's "imperfect" roster building is seven consecutive Championship Game appearances that have yielded four Superbowl appearances. In 2015, in spite of being perhaps the most injury-wracked team in the league, they still made it to the AFCCG. In 2017, in spite of having numerous injuries to key players on both sides of the ball, they still made it to the Superbowl and came within one or two plays of winning it against the hottest team in the NFL.

Step back and take a look at the bigger picture, and take some time to learn the details of how "the machine" actually works. I guarantee that you'll enjoy football a whole lot more.

I’m with you on 2015 but disagree in 2017. Our defense was atrocious in that Super Bowl and somehow Jordan Richards was on the field for the majority of the snaps while our pro bowl cb sat on the bench the entire game crying...I blame the defense and belichick for losing to nick foles

IDK about the "smash-mouth run game" part :) , but the rest of it is spot on.

I think of BB in his role as roster-building GM and kind of like a watch-maker. He himself has often used the analogy, "lots of moving parts" when describing how the team is assembled. It's always been about how the pieces work together within various units and as a whole, not about the pieces individually.

Fans who don't understand this - who can't see the machine for the pieces - really aren't getting as much enjoyment out of football as they could be.

I’m with you on 2015 but disagree in 2017. Our defense was atrocious in that Super Bowl and somehow Jordan Richards was on the field for the majority of the snaps while our pro bowl cb sat on the bench the entire game crying...I blame the defense and belichick for losing to nick foles

That defense, that was extremely shaky ALL SEASON due to lack of healthy bodies and inexperience. But it got them to the Superbowl - AGAIN - where they ran into a very, very good offense that was peaking at exactly the right time.

There was not one single goddamn thing that Butler could have done to turn that defensive performance around. Not one.

I genuinely feel sorry for folks like you who refuse to understand or accept this and, instead, are compelled to lash out and blame someone. It is what it is. It's history. Move on, already. We're on to 2018.

We have the greatest qb of all time. We will win by the pass, particularly in big games as long as he can still sling it.

• Winner
Reactions: TBR
Richards wasn’t on the field for the majority of the snaps. 17 of them iirc.

There was not one single goddamn thing that Butler could have done to turn that defensive performance around. Not one.

That is your opinion. It is not a fact. My opinion Is Butler could have made one stop on third down in the 2nd half when it counted that could have iced the game for us because our offense was on a roll.

Belichick is the greatest coach of all time and he’s had some memorable hall of fame coached games...but in my opinion the eagles game will go down as one of the worst he’s ever coached.

I feel sorry for folks like you whom think Belichick is immune to any type of criticism

I also don’t like that any year we don’t win the Super Bowl, some people blame injuries as the reason. I don’t like excuses, we are better than this. Every team battles injuries. Some years we just get beat by the better team, or get outcoached that one game

I have moved on to 2018

Wynn and Michel were Captains. They're good friend and room together (and probably will up here, too). They both, reportedly, live and breathe football.

BB wants to coach guys he likes. He said it flat out. He didn't like Butler i the last couple of years. He likes Devin McCourty as much as anyone, and well, Devin has this twin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST