PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Beastmode deal shrinking in Oakland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The deal might not get done in Oakland. The rumors are that Oakland is stuck at $3mm and Lynch and his people are balking. Would you offer more cash and take a shot with him? I think Burkhead and Gillisie are complimentary RBs not the work horse back Lynch is. White and Lewis are change of pace.

I'd pay him more tha $3mm to come here($5mm?).

There would be white flags in the AFC for sure.
DW Toys

I'd rather go w what we've got. Maybe a 4th round RB for fun. Marshawn was great when he was great. I don't see him regaining what he once had. And, if he can't be the player he was, his act becomes old. Fast.

Assuming the Bills don't match Gillislee, why in the world would we need yet another RB?

I kind of saw this coming. Marshawn was used to making good money and it was obvious that he'd have to take one helluva pay cut.

Could we please refer to him as the running back formerly known as Marshawn Lynch?

For years I've been listening to optimistic rationalizations for 30+running backs who haven't been elite/ on the field for several seasons. Oakland has had one winning season now in like 15 years. We should be much more open to the idea that they are clueless buffoons.

Least Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back