PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is BB being extra cautious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

varjao

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
About all those injuries, I think BB is playing safe with a lot of players, bad news travels fast, something serious would have leaked by now, I don't think Edelman, Chandler and Dobson are risks right now, to not be ready for the regular season. Lafell on the other hand didn't seem the field yet, I don't remember if he played in the minicamps and voluntary workouts...I'm not very optimistic he will be ready for week 1.

The guys on the offensive line are all going easy as well, some missed a few practices, nothing to be worried.
D-Line, Linebackers and DB's look fine.

Flowers, Roberts and Gibson were injured in pre season games so it needs more attention because they are all fighting for a roster spot. Cadet is fighting as well, his injury came in a terrible time for him.

My point is, I think BB is not really risking any starter to go down with an injury until it's regular season, these 4 games is for him to decide maybe the last 7 or 8 spots in the 53 man roster and get the guys a little more acclimated to real game speed and other factors.

BB is on record saying these new rules for training camp are maybe a reason for so many injuries, so, maybe he is ahead of the time once again and is going to get the players really ready between weeks 1-4. Of course if someone ask him about this in an interview he will laugh and say he wants his players ready for football week 1, but in reality the Patriots have always been a well oiled engine in the second half of the season and BB is expert in making the necessary adjustments when injuries and other things happen. So I take the example of Gronk last year, he didn't play in the pre season, wasn't 100% ready and started the season far from his best, and then during the course of the season he just got better and better. The team overall needed a lot of adjustments in the first 4 weeks.

Maybe in previous years BB had a good level of confidence that they could make the first quarter of the season ahead of Miami, Jet and Bills. This year though those teams are much better and we don't know who's going to play QB for us in the first 4 weeks, but if my presumption is correct (BB will use the first 4 weeks as his real training camp) I think he is going to stick to the plan, we are thin in some positions and WR is one that will have a big impact if one of them miss a lot of games.

Should've brought Gibson out of the game :(

I think we'll see the Patriots in the first half of the third preseason game as usual. If they're not playing then, it probably has some meaning.

BB tweaks what he does every season. He makes sudden, major changes much more rarely.

I think this case is no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand