PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone still worried about the Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the Bills were missing their interior DL for COVID or injury then the inability to stop a power run game means they can only fix it by taking away from their pass defense. That’s not a deficiency that championship team’s have, and having to add a LB or safety to stop the run is going to allow the Patriots TE’s to go off.

I worry about every team. It's football.

Right now there are 10 teams in the AFC with winning records as opposed to only 5 teams in the NFC. Does that mean that the AFC is stronger or weaker?

I don't see any team in either conference that the Pats can't beat.

This was a team a lot of people (Here, too) had as the AFC Champion. They've hit a bad stretch - probably not practicing well, COVID distractions, just not in synch. They got absolutely bullied yesterday - they weren't ready to play. It happens. It's one game.

Obituaries are written way too early.

The only difference in my feelings towards playing them is that I think the Pats have improved so much, have become so much more than I expected at the beginning of the year with so many new pieces and a rookie QB, that they can hang with anybody. Until three weeks ago, I would have been happy with a split - very happy.

I won't be happy with any losses the rest of the way, because this team is good enough to beat anybody..

But...take anyone left on the schedule lightly, take any team in the NFL lightly, and you lose.

The Bills are really good. Had a bad game yesterday. Stuff happens. Getting Edmunds back will be a major help for their run defense. I wouldn't expect a repeat of yesterday for Harris and Rham.

The Colts aren't THAT good, but they're not a gimme either when the Pats face them in a few weeks.

Yes

I think that any team with an Elite QB can win ay game, sometimes suddenly

Even if Josh Allen has been trashy lately, he hasnt move out of this territory based on a few games

I expect them to get better, but in the end, i think all speculation is gonna be replaced by the record of our games this season. Thats what will matter come play off time

I take each opponent seriously. The Titans saw what happens yesterday when you don't. But, I feel about this team the same way I felt when Brady was leading us. Really, the only ones who can beat us are ourselves.

I'll stop worrying about them once we break our head-to-head losing streak against them. Same goes for the Titans.

Offensively Beasley & Sanders are starting to show their age. The OL & Allen have regressed & they can’t run the football.

Defensively the bills rotate 9-10 DL in the game but none of them are difference makers. It’s mostly the same defense from the last two seasons & the pats have had some success vs. them with less talent.

Sweeping them is doable given the pats ability to control the LOS on both sides of the ball in this matchup.

They’re still a talented team, albeit one with flaws.

Y’know, you shouldn’t take anything away from Indy. They’re getting healthy and hot at the right time. I’ve watched a few of their games including this game and Baltimore, and they are good. Going to Indy after the bye will be tough. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts are favored by a few in that game…

The Bills are really good. Had a bad game yesterday. Stuff happens. Getting Edmunds back will be a major help for their run defense. I wouldn't expect a repeat of yesterday for Harris and Rham.

The Colts aren't THAT good, but they're not a gimme either when the Pats face them in a few weeks.

Agree on both teams.

The performance against the Colts is that of a team with no plan and no self belief.
The Titans lost to the Jets then went on a march to become the #1 seed.

We were squashed by the Saints but now look great.

We were 0-2 during multiple Super Bowl win years and not all of those losses were pretty.

Teams have their ups and downs every season. I just don't think you can take a snapshot of a game or three and think that defines a team. The Bills' D is scary and Josh Allen is the real deal. Anyone who doesn't think they aren't a threat because they got hammered yesterday needs to learn to look at the whole season and not just scores that are convenient to whatever argument they're trying to make.

Orlavsky with an amazing quote “One of the things defenses always try to do to offenses is make you one dimensional. The bills do that to themselves “

Yes. We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time, and take all opponents seriously. Just ask our next opponent (about the Texans, whom we also almost lost to, just a short time ago).

Depends on our health really. Show up with a healthy o line and all of our rbs available and I really like our chances.

Yes. We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time, and take all opponents seriously. Just ask our next opponent (about the Texans, whom we also almost lost to, just a short time ago).
That doesn't apply to fans as we’re not playing the games. We can look ahead.

With that being said, until the Pats beat the Bills, they are the reigning division champs. I’m looking forward to the primetime showdown.

After reading this I feel like we might take both games.

Cliffs Notes:

Play zone
Rush 4 vs Allen
Run the ball

That'll do.

Last edited:
Pats just need to take 1 out of 2. I think that's doable.

'From 2001-2019, Belichicks Patriots teams went 34-4 against Buffalo. One of those Bills victories (2014) came when he rested many of his starters for the playoffs. This was about as complete of an ownership of a rivalry as has ever existed,,," Dan Wetzel

HA HA HA, Me like. So,no, im not too worried.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye