PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anybody worried about our 'corner' problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the Pats bring a Giants type pass rush, it's going to be 2005 all over again! Starks and Samuel started and they got torched on a regualr basis until Hobbs took over for Starks. Also, the defense couldn't get to the QB if their life depended on it. With that said, I'm not as worried as I was in '05 because Mayo and Crable are going to be studs. In addition, Thomas is right back to where he left off last season, getting at least one sack a game. And even when he isn't getting a sack, he does a really good job of bullrushing the O-Lineman and collapsing the pocket. I also like what I'm hearing about Guyton and Redd.

Last edited:
The two touchdowns could easily be blamed on Rodney. He had Boss on the first long completion. Tyree was a miracle catch. It happens.

In the end, the Giants only scored 17 points. I agree that 14 were in the fourth but defenses will wear down faster than offenses. I think we tend to forget that in SB 36/38, our defenses did give up game tying TD's.

Imagine if the ref did call Elle down? Kinda tuck rule in reverse.

Imagine "get paid" making the interception that should be expected from a $10MM cb in a big game.

Pass rush anyone? Last year the pass rush did seem to be a bit slow after Rosy went down. Anyway, you have to pick a period of time where a completion can't be blamed on the secondary.

yeah the corners are pretty short.

I know this one guy who hates short corners.

I'm not sure what we can do about that though.:singing:
Sounds like the kind of guy who likes his men "big" and "on top."

Unless the Pats bring a Giants type pass rush, it's going to be 2005 all over again! Starks and Samuel started and they got torched on a regualr basis until Hobbs took over for Starks. Also, the defense couldn't get to the QB if their life depended on it. With that said, I'm not as worried as I was in '05 because Mayo and Crable are going to be studs. In addition, Thomas is right back to where he left off last season, getting at least one sack a game. And even when he isn't getting a sack, he does a really good job of bullrushing the QB and collapsing the pocket. I also like what I'm hearing about Guyton and Redd.

We're getting a healthy Hobbs for the first time since 2005, too. And he's played pretty well through injuries anyway. So I think we're in good shape there, and Fernando Bryant should be much better than Starks.

Last edited:
We're getting a healthy Hobbs for the first time since 2005, too. And he's played pretty well through injuries anyway. So I think we're in good shape there, and Fernando Bryant should be much better than Starks.

Hopefully your right and I think that Wheatley will be a hell of a lot better than Gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News