PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ironically, this years team is fun!

Also, please define exactly how they "pandered to the pink hats". Give me examples.

At this point, that article says "Bad things happened, must be the pink hats". There's absolutely nothing of substance.

No, hes not. That's Steinberg's job. And "pandering to the pink hats" had nothing to do with them going downhill.

What made them go downhill is signing long term huge contracts like Beckett, Lackey, Crawford, and Agon, and all those are things that were on Theo.

By headed in the right direction, you mean that Luccino has more power now than he had last year, right? Because thats what happened.

I guess we're gonna agree to disagree on this topic.

I guess we're gonna agree to disagree on this topic.

Of course we're going to disagree. Your argument is basically "If its bad, Luchinno did it. If its good, he must have been away"

Of course we're going to disagree. Your argument is basically "If its bad, Luchinno did it. If its good, he must have been away"

I'm not arguing. I credit Cherington.

I will just say, DAMN this team is great....I did go on record with people that I talk to daily telling them something about where the Sox will finish but i don't want to jinx anything so I won't post it.....Buchholz is looking cy young right now, Lester is solid, Dempster is looking good, Lackey's stuff is Angel's like again (if he can stay healthy) and the bullpen is solid....On the hitting side, we have power, speed, timely hitting and Papi is on a freaking tear....This team is great and I didn't expect anything less (hint, hint my prediction)....Anyways this is fun and I am loving it...

18 wins in April, a franchise record.

Is this team for realz?

18 wins in April, a franchise record.

Is this team for realz?
I think you should pump the brakes. its early and they don't have a closer they can count on. baily is very good when hes healthy but he always gets hurt always. and hanrahan looks like a deer in the head lights.

I think you should pump the brakes. its early and they don't have a closer they can count on. baily is very good when hes healthy but he always gets hurt always. and hanrahan looks like a deer in the head lights.

I think it's safe to say they are not the worst team in the division.

There's a very real need to upgrade catcher. Salty just isn't good enough especially with his sub par performances with the bat. No power, no slugging and no average. What the?

So... is the recent skid a result of them becoming what they are, a last place team, or is it an anomaly of a 162 game schedule? It's may belief that that are neither a last place, lose 8 out of 10 team, nor are they a 20 games over .500 squad that beat up on everyone. Probably a 3rd place team, maybe over .500,
but not a 100 wins.

there is a razor thin difference between all the teams in the al east this year. nothing would surprise me. they are better then last years team for sure but that's as far as im willing to go with this team.

As the season progresses, liking this team more and more.. now they are 40-28.

Not enough to watch a whole game like them, not sure that will ever happen in any baseball game.

Bobby Valentine was probably one of the worst coaches they ever had. First Place in the AL east as of 6/30. Pretty darn good!

Now this years team has the best record in the MLB. :rocker:

Doubront is tough to watch. he does not throw enough strikes and the team behind him is asleep. Needs to work faster and THROW STRIKES!

Well, this team appears to be good. It's nice to finally see a return to good pitching in Beantown.

So... is the recent skid a result of them becoming what they are, a last place team, or is it an anomaly of a 162 game schedule? It's may belief that that are neither a last place, lose 8 out of 10 team, nor are they a 20 games over .500 squad that beat up on everyone. Probably a 3rd place team, maybe over .500,
but not a 100 wins.

89 wins on September 12. What the hell to I know.

I will just say, DAMN this team is great....I did go on record with people that I talk to daily telling them something about where the Sox will finish but i don't want to jinx anything so I won't post it.....Buchholz is looking cy young right now, Lester is solid, Dempster is looking good, Lackey's stuff is Angel's like again (if he can stay healthy) and the bullpen is solid....On the hitting side, we have power, speed, timely hitting and Papi is on a freaking tear....This team is great and I didn't expect anything less (hint, hint my prediction)....Anyways this is fun and I am loving it...

Looking more like I was right in my prediction....As long as this team stays healthy they will be a force...I just wish I put my money where my mouth is on this prediction :enranged:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back