PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Introducing kicker Josh Gable.... might this be Gostowski's competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read on Reddit that he hits at 80% in the arena league...which sounds poor.

Until you see that arena league posts are 8 feet narrower than in the NFL...That makes him sound really accurate.

I wonder if the one where he drops the ball on the ground, lifts it into the air off his ankle and then puts it through the uprights meets the requirements for a Drop Kick?

If he pulled that off in a game I think my head would explode.

Did anyone watch the video?????

Look at his jersey and shorts, blowing in the WIND, must have been 55 mph. He's a joke and won't get signed anywhere.

A kicked ball goes MUCH further in the wind at your back than a thrown ball. A tumbling ball catches the wind pushing it forward. A spiral thrown ball just sails through it, with little effect.
I guess Judge and Belichick don't know that or they wouldn't be bringing him in for a look. You might want to send them an email so they don't waste their time.

Last edited:
If he pulled that off in a game I think my head would explode.
Imagine the head-explosion carnage at 345 Park Avenue! Just trying to imagine Goodelian and Kensilian brain matter all over the ceiling...without the need for any actions of @Joker, thus keeping an iconic Pats fan out of prison as a bonus!!!

Last edited:
anyone can look good when you only show the clips of you making the trick shot.
I don't think I'd look all that good...but maybe I'm an exception.

Just read on Reddit that he hits at 80% in the arena league...which sounds poor.

Until you see that arena league posts are 8 feet narrower than in the NFL...That makes him sound really accurate.

his stats are actually a lot worse than that. but then again, IFL kicking stats seem to be pretty bad in general, so not sure if it's the quality of players or something quirky about IFL rules.

Nebraska Danger: 2015-16 Stats

4lOWNke.png

Nebraska Danger: 2016-17 Stats

BH1Pl1r.png

his stats are actually a lot worse than that. but then again, IFL kicking stats seem to be pretty bad in general, so not sure if it's the quality of players or something quirky about IFL rules.

Nebraska Danger: 2015-16 Stats

4lOWNke.png

Nebraska Danger: 2016-17 Stats

BH1Pl1r.png
Looks like they might have taken an average of the PAT attempts or something to get 80.

Just watched some IFL kicking highlight video and it looks like they go for 62 yard attempts (which is in their own end zone) so if that happens often that will skew stats along with the skinny posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes