PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Toby Gerhart article

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see him become a Patriot in round 2. We've been lacking a big bruiser with a chip on his shoulder for too long. In short yardage situations with Crumpler as an extra O-Lineman he'd be tough to stop.

Way underrated in this Draft. I have him on my board as a must. 27TDs in 2009 with a top Big Ten conference. He has plenty of speed that they complain about him. A faster Alstot.
DW Toys

KIDS A MONSTER. All he needs to do is get some newspaper wet and rub it all over himself and he turns into a top 10 pick

He might be a monster, but if he can't learn to run low, he's gonna get hurt early and often.

Not a huge fan of drafting a FB before the 4th round.

He might be a monster, but if he can't learn to run low, he's gonna get hurt early and often.

Bingo.

It isn't skin color, lack of speed, lack power, lack of smarts, or anything else moving him down the charts but a too-upright running style. Teach him to run like Wes!

Think Ron Dayne.

Still, at 2c I could live with it, but I'd prefer other options.

Agreed, he shows a lot of number when running. Plus he put the rock on the turf five times last season. By comparison Ingram of Alabama has 1 fumble, I think, in two years at Alabama.

Fumblers like him and tate of Auburn, scare me. I can;t see BB taking him.

Dixon of Miss State would be a better 4th round option as a power back.

Agreed, he shows a lot of number when running. Plus he put the rock on the turf five times last season. By comparison Ingram of Alabama has 1 fumble, I think, in two years at Alabama.

Fumblers like him and tate of Auburn, scare me. I can;t see BB taking him.

Dixon of Miss State would be a better 4th round option as a power back.

I think a huge part of his fumbling is running upright like he does. He'll lower his shoulder if he's anticipating contact, but he goes straight back up, mid-collision. It's a great way to lose footballs and sustain serious injuries.

Last edited:
i like him he's my binky. however if we pass on him I hope we can pick up Blount from Oregon later

he may have run over future nfl players he has never run over an nfl player, there is a huge difference between boys and men.

I would like this player with his intangibles and our coaches. 2c or later.

I think a huge part of his fumbling is running upright like he does. He'll lower his shoulder if he's anticipating contact, but he goes straight back up, mid-collision. It's a great way to lose footballs and sustain serious injuries.

Sames as Maroney. Oh, and Adrian Peterson (the Vikes player - heh).

The big difference I see between AD/Gerhart and Maroney is that AD and Gerhart both have great vision for the hole and the decisiveness to hit it - NOW. No dancing.

In any case, Gerhart wouldn't be an "every down back" in the Pats system because we don't use backs that way anymore. And, he'd be as much of a FB as Morris is. In fact, I like Gerhart specifically to replace Morris.

I don't think Adrian Peterson runs that low. I know, I know, but I'm just sayin.

Of course I want him. :D

Jack, I'm pretty sure I don't know many 4.5 forty fullbacks. But Dwyer's 4.58 equals powerback? Haha.

Sames as Maroney. Oh, and Adrian Peterson (the Vikes player - heh).

The big difference I see between AD/Gerhart and Maroney is that AD and Gerhart both have great vision for the hole and the decisiveness to hit it - NOW. No dancing.

In any case, Gerhart wouldn't be an "every down back" in the Pats system because we don't use backs that way anymore. And, he'd be as much of a FB as Morris is. In fact, I like Gerhart specifically to replace Morris.

I don't think either of them run quite as high as Gerhart, but Peterson certainly has fumble problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents