PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Seymour comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also would love Ingram in Pats uni, just don't think BB will pull that trigger if he's available. He'll trade down a few and pick up another value pick from some RB hungry team.

Agree on DE/OLB but that said, how is Cunningham doing?

I thought a Line of Brace/Pryor/Wilfork/Warren would be decent.

That Heisman acceptance speech sold me on this guy.

That Heisman acceptance speech sold me on this guy.

It is easy to say the right thing but harder to run away from safeties and DBs. The highlight tape is pretty impressive but I don't think he is an elite NFL prospect like Adrian Peterson. He has good vision and cutback ability and superior escapability but he just does not seem to have elite top speed or open field ability. It will be interesting to see where he is drafted but I am not sure he goes in the top 10.

Of course I am no scout and am basing this just on what I saw in the highlight so I could be way off base.

It is easy to say the right thing but harder to run away from safeties and DBs. The highlight tape is pretty impressive but I don't think he is an elite NFL prospect like Adrian Peterson. He has good vision and cutback ability and superior escapability but he just does not seem to have elite top speed or open field ability. It will be interesting to see where he is drafted but I am not sure he goes in the top 10.

Of course I am no scout and am basing this just on what I saw in the highlight so I could be way off base.

You forget that Emmitt didn't have all of the measurables either. Top size, top speed, top strength, etc. I guess one could call it, "The Emmitt Smith Disaster".

You forget that Emmitt didn't have all of the measurables either. Top size, top speed, top strength, etc. I guess one could call it, "The Emmitt Smith Disaster".

Emmitt Smith also ran behind arguably the best O-line ever.

Emmitt Smith also ran behind arguably the best O-line ever.

This is also true. It's why, regardless of whether or not we draft Ingram, I would like the team to focus a couple of draft picks on the interior O-Line.

This is also true. It's why, regardless of whether or not we draft Ingram, I would like the team to focus a couple of draft picks on the interior O-Line.

This is why I am more apt to understanding the business side of the game and accepting mankins signing a long term deal no matter which week it gets done.

Whether the pats give ingram the call or not(hopefully yes) i think we all agree a RB will be drafted at some point to take some carries in the next season whenever it may come. It would be nice to have our best run blocker on the roster.

Especially given ingram's running style, to use that exceptional vision he seems to possess we need to open some lanes for this guy if drafting him is in the FO's plans.

No way Bill picks anything other than DL with that pick ... maximum value is a DL that can seal the edge for us and there will be a few available ... 5 top DE types in the top 15 it seems. Well ... 1 top one probably on bill's list.

What do you think of Bilal Powell of Louisville? He runs angry. Tonight he is killing Cincinnati.

What do you think of Bilal Powell of Louisville? He runs angry. Tonight he is killing Cincinnati.

I've heard rumblings of the RB out of Louisville, but I can't honestly say that I knew his name or had seen him before this quote. Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't watch right now. However, I get off in an hour and will gladly check out the highlights and get back to you. :D

If Heyward or Quinn aren't available, then I'm all in favor of trading down and getting O-line. There's no need to take a halfback that high, especially given the fact that the running game is far more a function of line and scheme than it is backs. You certainly don't take a guy like Ingram that high.

If Heyward or Quinn aren't available, then I'm all in favor of trading down and getting O-line. There's no need to take a halfback that high, especially given the fact that the running game is far more a function of line and scheme than it is backs. You certainly don't take a guy like Ingram that high.

What do you think of Marcell Dareus?

What do you think of Marcell Dareus?

I think he's a fine player, but just a c-hair too short for what you're looking for in an ideal world. He's got good technique, but you can tell that against the 6'5-6'7 NFL tackles he would be locked out pretty easily just because of the reach factor. Probably will be excellent in a 1-gap as a 5-tech, and surely will be excellent as a 3-tech.

I don't want the Pats drafting a RB in the first round. Rounds 2-4 would be ideal. I'd like the Patriots to spend picks in the first four rounds on the following positions, though: RB, WR, OL, DE, OLB, CB.

I don't want the Pats drafting a RB in the first round. Rounds 2-4 would be ideal. I'd like the Patriots to spend picks in the first four rounds on the following positions, though: RB, WR, OL, DE, OLB, CB.

I agree with everything there except for CB. With Bodden coming back and hopefully remaining injury free, we should be okay at CB if McCourty keeps progressing. I've been pining for Ingram, but anybody that has followed my posts recently knows that I don't see that as being something that will happen. Instead, I think we'll concentrate on building up the interior O-Line (guard and center) as well as OLB and possibly DE (depending on the health of Ty Warren and the progression of Brace/Deaderick). After that, I can realistically see a RB.

This is from Walterfootball.com mock 2011 first round and has NE picking Mark Ingram

8. New England Patriots: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
How stupid was this trade for the Raiders? They acquired a lethargic, overrated defensive lineman in exchange what projects to be a top 10 pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.

If Tom Brady and Wes Welker are healthy, and Rob Gronkowski or Aaron Hernandez continue to play well, imagine how explosive New England's offense would be with Mark Ingram as a threat coming out of the backfield. I don't need to tell you how huge of a need the running back position is for the Patriots.

what was seymours comment?:confused:

Not that I'm saying it won't happen with BB in charge... I HIGHLY doubt BB would select a RB in the 1st round, unless that RB was like the reincarnation of Bo Jackson.

There's got to be a player exceptionally special in BB's eyes for him to draft in a top 10 spot instead of trying to trade down. I just hope Mayo starts progressing more and when I say progressing I mean playmaking ability.

Why is it that when someone doesn't want a RB drafted high, the RB is referred to as "fancy"? What's this "fancy" sh*t all about when discussing Ingram? Ingram is not fancy, he is power, at least currently on a collegiate level.

Having said that, as much as I think drafting Ingram would make our O ultra impressive, I see the Raiders pick going DE, our own #1 OL or OLB, the Carolina pick either OL or OLB (whichever wasn't picked with our #1) and then a second OLB, OL or maybe a DB with our own #2. Probably RB in the third round.

If the rookie salary cap is put in place, maybe BB trades UP as you can now get good "Value" on the high picks- get a true DL stud at 40% of what it cost last year. To go a little further, with the number of picks, the Pats *could* get 3 or possibly 4 first round picks (and not picks 29-32)... each at what a second rounder cost last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes