PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Numbers - Mac Jones / Patriots RBs

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Finished updating the offensive stats for Sunday and noticed a couple of interesting trends:

The word "battle" probably wasn't the right word...more of the fact it's been more of a grind, with the completion percentages just being more of a surprise:

And the running backs have certainly had more success on the ground over the last 5 games, almost double the yardage and more than triple the TDs with obviously nearly double the carries but a higher rushing average:

Last edited:
1st quarter usually is in 12 personnel, no surprise that the 1st quarter looks good. 2nd/3rd looks bad, no surprise, when you see how much spread shotgun is called. And the running game has been fixed the last 4 weeks with non-moronic OLine configurations. I think Phil Perry even had an article about this, how the Pats were rolling in 12 personnel, then went 6 straight 3-and-outs in the 2nd and 3rd quarter of a game going almost entirely shotgun for no reason, it was the game they lost where the defense got tired.

Finished updating the offensive stats for Sunday and noticed a couple of interesting trends:

The word "battle" probably wasn't the right word...more of the fact it's been more of a grind, with the completion percentages just being more of a surprise:

And the running backs have certainly had more success on the ground over the last 5 games, almost double the yardage and more than triple the TDs with obviously nearly double the carries but a higher rushing average:

Jakob has been playing more.

Reactions: Ian
OK so that lunar eclipse is pure gold.

On why Mac is hot, then cold and then hot again.........I think we would need to really delve into the game situations, play calling, etc to truly get a take on it. However my natural thought process makes me think the Patriots come out and have a good game plan. Other team adjusts. Patrtiots adjust. Mac picks up on adjustments. I'm sure it's not as simple as that but I'm sure it's part of the puzzle.

Celestial mechanics are on board, trolling the Falcons on behalf the Patriots.

It‘s heavenly!
It really is unbelievable- or nasa is loaded with Pats fans.

When you have a more established QB, it’s obvious. But when you don’t, it begs the question: is the running game improving because the defense must respect Mac, or is Mac improving because the defense must respect the running game?

When you have a more established QB, it’s obvious. But when you don’t, it begs the question: is the running game improving because the defense must respect Mac, or is Mac improving because the defense must respect the running game?
Yes.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back