PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting cuts and transactions throughout the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I missed Veldheer being waived. Still doesn't change that he's a POG because he could have come back to the Pats at the start of the season and we wouldn't have had to deal with Newhouse.
What’s a POG? Is that a new one?

Terrell Suggs was cut by the Cardinals.

1.3M for 3 games....

I think we should make a claim at least to keep him from going back to B'More?

Hopefully someone else snatches him up before we do. He may be long in the tooth, but he is a pass rusher.....

Terrell Suggs was cut by the Cardinals.

1.3M for 3 games....

I think we should make a claim at least to keep him from going back to B'More?

Hopefully someone else snatches him up before we do. He may be long in the tooth, but he is a pass rusher

Funny, I like it.

Interesting tidbit from the Army Navy game, an Executive Order before the game that allows military academy football players to play in the NFL without having to get the special dispensation that Cardona has had to get each year.

Interesting tidbit from the Army Navy game, an Executive Order before the game that allows military academy football players to play in the NFL without having to get the special dispensation that Cardona has had to get each year.
Not sure how I feel about this.

I saw this & am all for it 1000%. Should have been done years ago.

The military will be just fine. The men get to live both dreams & bring a ton of attention to service/serving your country.

Not sure how I feel about this.

I wonder how the academies feel about this? Just on the chance the injuries the player accrues over his nfl career make him medically unable to fulfill his military contract?

Purely unintentional, but I'll take credit...

I wonder how the academies feel about this? Just on the chance the injuries the player accrues over his nfl career make him medically unable to fulfill his military contract?
That too.

Tough issue

Lol.

I think I'm leaning towards honoring their commitment.
They can't do both?

The # that would actually make it in sports is miniscule & think abt the effect it has on others?

You don't think more people would be enticed to serve knowing they could do both?

They can't do both?

The # that would actually make it in sports is miniscule & think abt the effect it has on others?

You don't think more people would be enticed to serve knowing they could do both?
Of course. For example i'm totally cool with how the Navy is accommodating Cardona.

Raiders had a RB way back when named Napoleon McCallum. He worked it so he was able to do the same thing Cardona did but then the Navy were pricks and put him on a boat and he didn't return until his time was up a couple of years later. Same kinda deal as David Robinson. They were both highly regarded by the Navy and they wanted them to serve.

Is this true for all jobs/sports careers or just for NFL?
Not sure I follow your question but I think once you graduate from a military academy, you are serving and require special dispensations to do otherwise.

Not sure I follow your question but I think once you graduate from a military academy, you are serving and require special dispensations to do otherwise.
I meant the deferral of service that was just announced. Is that only for NFL careers or across the board across all athletes? Very odd to have special privileges for certain graduates if it is not for everyone.

I meant the deferral of service that was just announced. Is that only for NFL careers or across the board across all athletes? Very odd to have special privileges for certain graduates if it is not for everyone.
I'm shocked you don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye