PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In scenario where we remain a WC, who do you want to face?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

WC matchup: preferred matchup would be:

• Bills

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • Bengals

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Titans

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters
Bengals, because they are the Bengals. But Chase is pretty scary -- hopefully JC could "handle" him.

I want the Bills. I think the Pats can beat the Bills if the Pats play their game and not play passive. You pressure on Allen especially in the cold and he plays like crap. He did yesterday.

The problem in Foxboro, they didn't put pressure on Allen and gave him all day to throw against a zone defense. Even a bad QB can look like an All Pro if he has 4-5 seconds to throw on every down. And then they went away from the run in the first half.

If you think Buffalo is better than Cincy…

and we have less talent than Buffalo…

And you wanna win the super bowl, not the regular season…

…then doesn’t it make sense to play backups vs Miami next week? No?

Tough to play those kinds of games when there's a reasonable chance Cleveland beats Cincy next week (especially if Burrow is hobbled). Because then if Buffalo wins and you lose on purpose, you're playing the Bills in the first round anyway. I think keeping momentum and building rhythm, timing, and belief in week 18 will go farther than trying to control who we play on wild card weekend.

This is honestly tough for me.
I don't care who we play. As I've said for a few years now, no one in the AFC scares me.

The Patriots play like they can and do their job, they can be in LA in February.

They just had better utilize the bye MUCH better for that one than they did last month.

After seeing what the bye week did to us I am okay with no bye. Anyways due to covid and injuries we have rested key players in Harris, rham, dujon, agholor .

So we should be getting into prime form. Dump those burgers on Miami and make it no contest within first 3 quarters and then let hoyer do finishing rituals.

I want the Bills. I think the Pats can beat the Bills if the Pats play their game and not play passive. You pressure on Allen especially in the cold and he plays like crap. He did yesterday.

The problem in Foxboro, they didn't put pressure on Allen and gave him all day to throw against a zone defense. Even a bad QB can look like an All Pro if he has 4-5 seconds to throw on every down. And then they went away from the run in the first half.
We are in agreement. The Pats can't sit back and allow Allen to dissect them, when rattled, he becomes a turnover machine.

Russ in 2012 I think?

and if I recall that was against another rookie QB (RGIII)

statement is still true

Pats and Mac should be an underdog regardless of who they face in the first round. I don't expect a win but I'll root like heck for it. It's been a fun season, here's to hoping it continues.

The thing about the Pats is that they CAN be any of these opponents, but only if the game script goes a certain way (early lead, kill the clock, etc).

They don't have the margin of error that the old Pats used to have where they could win a number a ways. Of course, no one expects them to be the Pats of old either, so let's just enjoy the show.

From an entertainment point of view, round 3 of Pats vs Bills would be fantastic viewing

In terms of who would be the so called “easiest”, I think the Bengals. Sure Burrow and co are hot right now, but they’re not some sort of unstoppable juggernaut (a pretty crappy Denver team held them to 15 points just a few weeks back), and I think we’d have a massive advantage in the trenches on both sides of the ball in that game (along with a huge coaching advantage). Of course, Burrow is very good and could well shred us, but of the potential wildcard matchups I think we match up best with them

Bengals.

They still make bad coaching errors. Watching the end of the game on Sunday only got a pass because they won. However, them getting bailed out by negating penalties on the 4th down and not taking the kick could've been disastrous.

We've lost to good coaches that have prepared their players enough to be capitalizing off our mistakes. Bengals coaching gives us a larger margin of error. Very talented offense but questionable play calls and weak situational football. Our secondary is good enough to shore up bad discipline from inconsistent offenses, now matter how high their ceiling is.

Titans play the Texans next.

The # 1 seed is locked up because I just cannot se them losing to Houston.

Does 11/21/21 ring any bells?

No

I’ll go with the Bengals. If Derrick Henry isn’t back by then, however, I’d choose the Tits.

Overall I think this is one of strongest AFC playoff fields I have seen in years. Burrows is playing lights out right now.

Saw a rumor that if it’s Buffalo it will be on MNF. I hope not.

Saw a rumor that if it’s Buffalo it will be on MNF. I hope not.
The Monday night slot, if you win, will likely have you playing the divisional round six days later, on Sunday. But likely one of the wild card Sunday winners will play the following Saturday in the division round, the same six days later. So it doesn't make much difference, as long as the Monday to Saturday turnaround is excluded.

Take the Bills.........their QB blows in his own stadium when the weather is bad. They still can't stop the run and they're likely overconfident after the last Patriots game when Belichick's son called one of the worst defensive games in ages. Pats won't play that badly twice in a row.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back