PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In scenario where we remain a WC, who do you want to face?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

WC matchup: preferred matchup would be:

• Bills

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • Bengals

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Titans

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters
Let's just win the first WC game, whoever it is it is.

Voting bengals. Burrow might be a future MVP but that team is still the Bengals.
I watched the Bengas-49ers game this year and can confirm they most certainly still do Bungles things. I missed out on $7k because of those morons.

1641199536097.gif
Bills round 3, let’s go!

Titans play the Texans next.

The # 1 seed is locked up because I just cannot se them losing to Houston.

Mahomes has never played a post season game on the road other than the Super Bowl. He has always enjoyed homefield advantage leading up to the SB.

The winner of the Chargers vs Raiders game decides the 7th AFC seed.

Doesn't matter to me. This Patriots team needs to beat whoever they wind up playing. Focus on beating the Dolphins and let the chips fall where they may.

I don’t find any of those matchups to be great for us but I’d choose the Bills. We are familiar with them.

Does Not Matter Marlon Vera GIF by UFC

Obviously we’re not eliminated from winning the division, and not even eliminated from pulling out the 1 seed. But since we have to rely on the Bills losing to the Jets, I’ll eliminate that scenario of playing teams like Indy, Vegas, and the Chargers for now.

Doesn't matter to me. They made it back in after a single season of not so great football. Most fan bases don't get that for a few, sometimes many seasons. Regardless of opponent, I'd like to see them play the way that got them there versus the early season and mid-season blip no running game, no time to pass, ultra-conservative versus more balanced, soft zone version of the team that sometimes reared its head.

Bengals.

Secondary doesn’t create turnovers, 2nd year qb. Team not there yet, just getting in the dance so I foresee us getting in their heads (that includes the coaches heads as they gameplan, along with players) more than, say, Tennessee.

I know chase is the buzz guy everyone’s enamored with, but mixon is having a career year so he could be the real problem. their oline and tn’s are weaker than kc and buf though… so opportunity to limit mixon and rattle burrow and create some turnovers.

we can limit mixon to 3ypc or less while putting jc on chase with hel from dmac… hold them to under 20.

I would trust Mac to make the right decisions to put us over 20.

I could see like a 24-17, 32-20ish type game if we play them as our best asset is the coach. Hell take either mixon or chase away… one of the two will have under 100 yards.

Classic bend but don’t break kinda game as they will get some chunk plays.

Last edited:
If the garbage can that is Josh Allen lit us up at home for like 7 scoring drives in a row, I don't really wanna know what Burrow and his receivers are gonna do. Don't really care about the defensive match-up. If we have Harris and Stevenson back at full strength we'll beat Buffalo

If the garbage can that is Josh Allen lit us up at home for like 7 scoring drives in a row, I don't really wanna know what Burrow and his receivers are gonna do. Don't really care about the defensive match-up. If we have Harris and Stevenson back at full strength we'll beat Buffalo
They have better* line play though. They won in the trenches.

Im kinda worried about buf and kc as they were acfcg teams who kinda fell off but seem to be finding themselves a bit.

I’d rather someone knock them out for us.

I’ll go with the Bills. All of the teams they could face are good but the Bills have the weakest run game, and that’s been the issue for their defense as of late. As good as Mac Jones has played this season I don’t think he’s ready for the shootouts that Cincy and K.C.could pose. Buffalo is good but if the Patriots can come up with a game plan to throw Allen off his game then I see that as their best chance to get the win. And if Allen continues to try those throws back across the field when he’s rolling out there are going to be some pick sixes in his immediate future. Like Mahomes he likes to take big risks, and that ultimately will bite them in the @ss. No matter what happens I love the fact that Jones and this team are getting all the big game experience this season, that bodes well for their future.

From a footbal fan perspective I want:

Chiefs vs Chargers
Bengals vs Colts
Pats vs Bills

The two divisional matchups speak for themselves with both teams winning a game. I feel like these provide the most drama. Bengals vs Colts is a great contrast in styles. The Colts cannot afford to get down in that game at all. Please don't let the Raiders beat the Chargers to setup Raiders vs Chiefs. That's pretty much a walk over game.

NFC

Rams vs 49ers
Bucs vs Eagles
Cowboys vs Cardinals

Rams vs 49ers is a repeat of the final game of the year and these teams don't like each other to begin with. Cowboys just lost to the Cards so a great rematch. Bucs vs Eagles was a close game 28-22 in Philly earlier this year.

If they play mistake free I don't care who they play, they can compete with anyone.

But I'd like to beat the Bills again because it would plant a seed in their brain.

I’ll go with the Bengals. If Derrick Henry isn’t back by then, however, I’d choose the Tits.

Let's assume the Chargers beat the Raiders next week to get the 7th seed, meaning they would travel to KC on wildcard weekend. Of all the lower seeds, I think LA has the best chance of knocking off KC, which would really open things up in the AFC, and it also opens a possible window of us hosting a playoff game.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back