PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Improper Bostonian features BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.improper.com/features/winning-strategy/

Three months after winning his fourth Super Bowl as coach of the New England Patriots, Belichick rolls up the sleeves of his gray hoodie and scribbles a few notes on a sheet of paper. He’s in the back corner of a hotel reception room near Gillette Stadium, and his girlfriend Linda Holliday, executive director of the Bill Belichick Foundation, is introducing him at the podium. Belichick trots to the front of the room to deliver a speech to some of the 18 scholarship winners and nine grant recipients from his foundation, which gave out more than $100,000 in its inaugural year to football and lacrosse players and organizations. He’s relaxed, at ease, reminiscing about how football helped his father avoid life as a coal miner, cracking jokes about the winter snow and how “everyone’s got me outdressed today.” He might as well be a politician making a stump speech in New Hampshire. Then he asks the recipients to speak about how the money helped their work. And that’s when it happens.

Good article. Thanks for the link!

BB posing for a magazine cover; who would've thought!?

Bill is the type of person who does good things because it's the right thing to do. He doesn't self-promote, he doesn't play to cameras, he doesn't worry about how he is perceived. I have immense respect for people like him. The most underrated aspect of Bill Belichick is how good of a person he is.

As much as he despises doing media, I think he realizes it's the way to call attention to his charity. Plus the girlfriend is most definitely not media shy.

As much as he despises doing media, I think he realizes it's the way to call attention to his charity. Plus the girlfriend is most definitely not media shy.

The charitable events are a no-brainer choice. People pay lots of money to hang out with you at something you've chosen to be either fun for you, or at least something you don't mind doing. Even people one thinks of as avoiding the public do it -- it has been possble to play golf with Larry Bird, or have lunch with Joss Whedon.

When BB rolled into town he went to a public appearance with Jim Brown(#32) for the Amer I Can Foundation where I worked..

When Jim Brown ascended to the podium, he said "If Michael Jordan did half as much as BB did for charity, the world would be a different place(sic)".. I met them both that night, fortunately I had my pix taken with Jim Brown(My first NFL Hero) but unfortunately did not do the same with BB..

It was a very cool night.. he also autographed an inflated football for me..

When BB rolled into town he went to a public appearance with Jim Brown(#32) for the Amer I Can Foundation where I worked..

When Jim Brown ascended to the podium, he said "If Michael Jordan did half as much as BB did for charity, the world would be a different place(sic)".. I met them both that night, fortunately I had my pix taken with Jim Brown(My first NFL Hero) but unfortunately did not do the same with BB..

It was a very cool night.. he also autographed an inflated football for me..
I think Jim Brown actually said: "If Michael Jordan did one tenth of what Bill Belichick does for the black community he would be considered a hero."

This coming from a former Black Panther and lifelong civil rights warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes