PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Impressed by Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the positive vibes and how he protects the younger guys stands out to me. Different approach than Brady, and while I liked his. I really like the way Cam deals with stuff too. Win or lose, im rooting for Cam to succeed big time this year

I fully expect they'll sign him long term...there's no way BB will want to face the Bucs next year with Stidham instead of Cam.

I fully expect they'll sign him long term...there's no way BB will want to face the Bucs next year with Stidham instead of Cam.

Pretty sure there will be more than those two options next season.

I'm curious to see what gameplan the patriots use against seattle next week. Its possible they come out with something totally different. But it seems like the last 3 years, this is how Bill wants to play. Run-run-run, use play action. and Play tough defense.

its what won us the superbowl in 2018. and was going to be our MO last year if injuries didnt decimate the OL and rape accusations derail our WR acquisition.

If we can win that game it will be a huge wakeup call to the rest of the league.

Old fashioned Giants football.

Thought this was an impressive answer by Cam

I really love this answer and I'll be the first to say that Cam's press conferences are a little odd.

Nothing short of impressed by the way Cam has dealt with everything here. He took over the Goat with ease, per reports is rapidly improving in a very hard Playbook and is able to do things that Ive never seen Brady do (ie - Lift Harry, although i know its not just on him, so this isnt me jabbing tb12)

Keeping the ifs to a minimum, I still think we are going to need one receiver playmaker for us to have an actual chance of being a SB threat, besides Edelman.

Im really looking forward to our rookie TEs. I dont expect them to do much in first half of the season, but if one of them can actually become a factor, Im not counting us out just yet. Cam has historically used well TEs. Yes, Olsen is a beast, but he is also the first to praise Cam

Need to see how Cam handles adversity before I go all in on him. He’s a great teammate when things are going good, let’s see if/when we have a losing streak.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Good game, no doubt. He's still learning, though, so I temper too much enthusiasm. All we can hope for and want as fans is he continues to expand his knowledge of the O, the OL stays healthy and a few receivers take leaps forward. This O has potential wi a healthy OL and the extra dimension that Cam brings with his game.

Overall, including reports from the locker room and practice, you can't ask for more. He has done and said the right things. The coaches seem to have taken a liking to him and know how to get him to produce. And his teammates have enjoyed his enthusiasm and energy. All great things!

Need to see how Cam handles adversity before I go all in on him. He’s a great teammate when things are going good, let’s see if/when we have a losing streak.

what does ‘going all in mean’? He’s playing for his next contract and in a 1 year deal.......he’s going to do his best, but no need to get into his underwear ... he could be gone faster than he appeared

what does ‘going all in mean’? He’s playing for his next contract and in a 1 year deal.......he’s going to do his best, but no need to get into his underwear ... he could be gone faster than he appeared

All in as far as me believing he could lead us to the playoffs. I’m well aware he’s not the long term solution here.

They should use Cam this year like how in MLB where pitchers who are rentals are asked to pitch a ton of innings with no regard to the future.

Run him and keep doing it.

Last edited:
All in as far as me believing he could lead us to the playoffs. I’m well aware he’s not the long term solution here.

there is no ‘all in’ .... maybe they’ll make it, maybe they won’t .... step 1 is for them to be entertaining.... so far so good

Way too early. He missed plenty of reads; left a lot of adjustables out there, and barely called an audible- of course this all may be by design, but...

Way too early. He missed plenty of reads; left a lot of adjustables out there, and barely called an audible- of course this all may be by design, but...

It is all about the trajectory. We fans only have one data point which was a run heavy game. Internally they have now almost 7 weeks of practices and a much better idea what works, what will be fixable and which concepts they will have to scrap. I would be surprised if something happens before the BYE but not completely shocked if internally he is nailing it.

I like what I saw in Cam for game 1, but I’ll wait another 6-7 games before I get truly excited.

I’ll root for Cam because he’s my team’s quarterback but if it was Stidham, I’d root for him the same way. There’s no special reason to support Cam other than he’s our starting QB

I like what I saw in Cam for game 1, but I’ll wait another 6-7 games before I get truly excited.

I’ll root for Cam because he’s my team’s quarterback but if it was Stidham, I’d root for him the same way. There’s no special reason to support Cam other than he’s our starting QB

Strikes me as a bit odd that you're looking for a reason to downplay the excitement around Cam.

I can give you a reason to support him outside of the fact that he's our starting QB: he's articulate, thoughtful, and analytical.

It's really cool hearing candid, detailed answers from a player. Based on what I've heard from Stidham, I'm not-so-sure that he'd bring the same amount of reasoning and contemplation Cam has shown thus far.

One of the things that I like about Cam is that we may use the running game more now that he's the QB. I know the Pats have had success with the pass-happy offense but I think they could have done even better if they ran the ball more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down