PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm Finally Convinced: This is Brady's Last Year in New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the area and no....it's not cheap....I was in Leucadia which I believe is the last stretch of old school beach community left in the area.....but can't you tell? I love being miserable so I came back here

you want expesive, though......look at Rancho Santa Fe....just inland
That's crazy. No idea how people can afford to move there with the way things are now.

I’ll take option 2. And who’s to say we didn’t already draft someone similar skill wise to Jimmy in Stidham?
I need to see a lot more out of Stidham to think he can be a functionally effective starting QB here.

Injuries aside, the 2 games Jimmy started here convinced me. Just didn't know how good he'd be but I did feel he could do the job.

Quite frankly, if it comes to pass Week 17 vs MIA means nothing, I say sit Tom and start Stidham.

I am starting to lean this way. If it happens I will be pissed...upset..all the emotions if he doesn't retire here.

But will also try and just think..look at what he did. Best player to ever step on the field played for us. Ive been to 50+ of his home/playoff games. A SB I went to and I saw him come back from 28-3

We will see but the memories in the long run won't change my opinion on him if he leaves pissed or on bad terms ect. It's sports. It happens all the time.

If it IS his last season. I am thankful i got my Season Tixs this year and come playoffs I may get to see his last game in person. Just like last year vs the Chargers in the playofs. I saw Gronk in his last NFL game from section 121.

Is this nephew day?

Belichick was ready to move on from Brady 3 years ago. Anyone claiming no chance he won’t be back aren’t seeing the writing on the wall.
How stupid does that make BB seem since they won 2 SB's with Brady during that span

Like we would of been if we kept JG and Brady retired after 2017? I know it's comparing pre seasons but Stidham looked more impressive in his rookie pre season then JG with the stats to back it up, Stidham was a projected 1st rounder who winded up going to a worse college team thus his stock fell and based off his performance we might be in the clear.

Stidham is an unknown variable at this point in time.

We still do not know how can perform against a starting NFL caliber defense.

Last edited:
Who really knows the future?
For example, a lot of members here swore up and down that Gronk would come back.
How did that work out?

You can wonder all you want. Jimmy wasn't going to resign here for backup money. And there is no team in the NFL...not the Pats or anyone else, that's going to pay their backup starting QB money to sit on the bench.

It's a shame that the timing didn't work out but it turned out Brady had a few more years of high level QB play left. Two ships passing in the night and all that.
The decision to move on from JG wasn't made in 2017. It was made when Brady's contract was extended from expiring after 2017 to expiring after 2019. That extension is what guaranteed JG would be traded/allowed to walk.

The Chargers arent reaching the Super Bowl and neither are the Patriots unless a miracle happens.

it won't require a miracle for the pats to reach the super bowl......

3 years ago he was ''only'' the MVP ... I really hope BB know what he is doing without Brady. But if there is a decline on Brady play, i blame BB a LOT.

3rd string C, no WR (they don't trust NH), Sony is really bad (can't catch a cold and look slow af), LT is a LG, FB is a LB ...
I think BB's greatest strength is to identify his own and his team's weakness. I thought the presser after the KC game was quite revealing. It wasnt "we didnt do anything well, out coached outplayed" stuff. He was "proud of his team and how they fought". He probably realizes the limitations with the oline and WR and etc and you cant tell me he doesn't factor that into brady's performance.

Stidham is an unknown variable at this point in time.

We still do not know how can perform against a starting NFL caliber defense.

All we have is that disastrous outing vs Pittsbugh where he threw an INT and said he wasn't ready to play...

Hopefully he just retires a Patriot and doesn’t go somewhere else.
Doesn’t seem like the Tom we know. He isn’t going to go out (out of the game) like this.

I will cheer for TB12 no matter where he goes and what he does.

The sports joy and memories he has brought all of us ...if you just think back...has been truly amazing and will never be taken, by this sports fan, for granted.

Well, he said he was ready, but clearly he wasn't, I suppose
Yea he didn't look good.

I think it was Billy Joe Tolliver that said he wasn't ready b/c he didn't know the gameplan. Came in vs NE and was cut on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down