PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm calling it: We upset the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It might be my homerism talking, but I am feeling really good about an upset today. I have a feeling (and for good reason) we will have doubters going into this game, but something is telling me we win today and lose in the divisional or afccg.

I like it.

Everyone's expecting the version of the Pats that showed up for the IND, Buf, and MIA games, but if the "A game" come out, it'll surprise everyone, especially Buffalo. I'm sure they think they have it in the bag and just need to show up.

Let's see...more importantly...let's ****ing go!

I feel good about this game too. I think game plan is important in this matchup and I like our advantage there. I think the offense opens it up just enough, and we avoid killer mistakes.
I expect kc to walk over Pitt so we get a really good matchup next week in Tennessee.
24-20 Pats.

It'll be a tough game but very winnable for the Pats.

I’m not that concerned about Mac tonight. This team’s championship window hasn’t opened yet. He is a rookie. Expectations should be realistic. But win or lose you can’t possibly coach into a rookie QB the experience he’s going to get tonight and that’s awesome. This is the NFL playoffs and it doesn’t get any better.

It’s the defense that will make or break our chances tonight especially stopping the run. They were bad in the second Bills game. Burnt all season by not making the one key stop that they need to make late in a tight close game. I hope they can tonight.

Last edited:
Mills our #2 CB is out but even if he played we still need to dominate the time of possession and win the turnover battle.

You are more optimistic than me. Having said that the last time I felt this way about a playoff game I woke up (having nodded off) and we were 14 up on KC in our last SB season. We shut down Mahomes for a whole half. Need to do that again.(Allen obviously)

What you "think" + $1.19 will get you a bottle of Poland Springs at 7-Eleven.
Why are you so bothered by it?

Pats are not at full strength. Mac is rumored to be hurt and he is a rookie. Barmore and Mills are out. Harris is banged up. Wynn is out. Somethings up with Judon.

It wouldn’t shock me if they won, but they are going up against a team that beat them down a few weeks ago and was in the AFCCG last year.

I expect kc to walk over Pitt so we get a really good matchup next week in Tennessee.
Probably. Pitt doesn't have the firepower or the secondary to keep KC from doing what it does.

Notable changes from the 36-10 blowout a few weeks ago are Kelce didn't play and Watt was injured and ineffective.

I do think KC can be had. I'm not sold on their D. They are 8-3 vs teams with winning records however DAL and GB wins were vs depleted teams. 2 were vs LV

Last edited:
Why are you so bothered by it?

Pats are not at full strength. Mac is rumored to be hurt and he is a rookie. Barmore and Mills are out. Harris is banged up. Wynn is out. Somethings up with Judon.

It wouldn’t shock me if they won, but they are going up against a team that beat them down a few weeks ago and was in the AFCCG last year.

I'm not bothered by your opinion, as irrelevant as it is, as much as your need to rain on the OP's optimism. But then you ARE the RainMaker, so ...

Is it really an upset if we've already beat them at (their) home this year?

It might be my homerism talking, but I am feeling really good about an upset today. I have a feeling (and for good reason) we will have doubters going into this game, but something is telling me we win today and lose in the divisional or afccg.

It is. That's fine though.

Is it really an upset if we've already beat them at (their) home this year?

Yes... We know why that game unfolded the way it did.. and they are the division winners with the far better QB and MOST would argue better team. Playing at home. It would be an upset. Not to mention they are literally favored to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back