PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm a happy Patriots fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
they set us up for an awesome offseason of second-guessing just about everything having to do with this team

I think 'grateful' is the correct word to describe our status right now, not 'happy'. Can't be happy when they lose, but I'm grateful for being able to enjoy this run.

Last edited:
I know this loss sucks but ey....3 SUPERBOWL games out of 4 years!!
I think I'm spoiled.We will get better we gonna learn a lot from this and be back next season.We need our key players to get back healthy next season.Patriots still own AFC.
I agree for the most part, but what is there left for the pats to learn about Super Bowls and getting to Super Bowls. Nothing really to learn except win the damn game.

The coaches might need to learn. I have a feeling Belichick though he would win handily without Butler. Maybe that is his lesson. Patricia's rambling response to being asked why Butler did not play was very telling.

held together with spit and tape
yet they left Butler on the bench, who played ONE HUNDRED PERCENT 100% of the defensive snaps in the two playoff games.. And supposedly 97% of the D snaps all year (though I find that hard to believe)

It sucked.
I don't care. :oops:.

TB will be in Maui, BB fishing in Costa Rico...

I'm not ruining my time

No TV/ radio sports shows..

No more Sirius 88. Back to Howard... , and sitcoms and movies.
That will come back with the draft.

Let the Seagulls enjoy there 1st SB. Good for them. They kind of earned it.;)

I'll stick around here, just to annoy tho. :cool:
it's just great entertainment anyway. A lot of people complaining it was a bad game, I thought the game was compelling.. how it ended sucked, but damn to be up 33-32, they have a 4th and 1 at our 40.. it was an exciting game.

Also, you are right BB and Brady are not going to pay my bills win or lose.. When I was young I let this crap affect my life. Now I only scream and swear during the game, and move right on.

Just feel ehhhh...

Waiting for warmer weather...and my ETS.

Lost to a back up QB. And a garbage defense. Wtf is there to be happy about ?
if their defense was garbage last night what the hell does that make our bent and broken in million pieces defense last night?

At least the Eagles had a respectable defense all season long - this defense was far less talented and it showed in the end.

If Brady wasn't the QB on the team this year I really don't think they even get to 8-8

overall no. But if the Butler benching has a lame reason that is something to be ashamed of.. and also, the D in general does have a lot to be ashamed of.

I changed my tune this morning. This loss has broken me to the point I had to take a leave off work for two weeks. I can't eat or anything.

Honestly, i'm not even that mad. Brady has 5 rings and there is virtually no quaterback left to surpass in existence. Overall in the Playoff he was lights out, 8 td vs 0 interception. When you throw for 500 yards and lose, it tells you the defense was garbage. There will be a lot of question in the offseason, but for now the eagles were just the better team so congrats to them. If Brady and belichick never win another lombardi...i'm fine with that cause we're playing with house money anyway.

I changed my tune this morning. This loss has broken me to the point I had to take a leave off work for two weeks. I can't eat or anything.
you are joking right?

Nope. This team is like family to me. It hurts bad.
it's ok man. I mean Brady was f%#%$ god like last night. We can't expect him to be supernatural 100% percent of the time.

yeah it was a tough loss I know.

Honestly, i'm not even that mad. Brady has 5 rings and there is virtually no quaterback left to surpass in existence. Overall in the Playoff he was lights out, 8 td vs 0 interception. When you throw for 500 yards and lose, it tells you the defense was garbage. There will be a lot of question in the offseason, but for now the eagles were just the better team so congrats to them. If Brady and belichick never win another lombardi...i'm fine with that cause we're playing with house money anyway.
We have had plenty of missed opportunities and not just the years we got in the SB. (4 lost AFCCG too)

We always recover as people lol.

it's ok man. I mean Brady was f%#%$ god like last night. We can't expect to be supernatural 100% percent of the time.

yeah it was a tough loss I know.

But this pain probably will never match SB 42, Boone's homer, or game 7 in LA in 2010. At least we have Butler & 28-3. But It's the equivlant of driving down the street, and you get every green light, and then suddenly there's a red light.

Dude get a grip. It’s a football game.
Go to work and have a life. The patriots players and coaches aren’t going to go into a shell and they actually participated and their lives are actually affected by football.
You are an observer. Go have a life.

and you get every green light, and then suddenly there's a red light.
yeah it was a gut punch, but early on I was worried our O was not going to counter.. and we would be blow to shreds.. The D WAS blown to shreds but Brady felt legendary to me anyway. Even the fact they got into hail mary position and the game was alive to the final second.

The AFC is a Cauldron of hot steaming KAH KAH. We will be back.

As a fan, this is the 5th Super Bowl loss I have experienced. I was a teenager during SB XX vs da Bears...and that sucked. Not like this is a new experience for me.

As fans, we invest time following the team during free agency, the draft, OTAs, TC, preseason, regular season, playoffs and of course the SB. Its one big emotional build up. When it's over you feel down in the dumps and a little empty. I admit, I'm a little bummed out this morning. How can you not?

I'll be ok as we all will. Just need to process the emotions first.

I admit, I'm a little bummed out this morning.
of course.

Ironically I get bummed soon after WINNING the SB just because no games for a while.. and victories do feel fleeting you always want the next one...

It was a good run, but the D and the coaches puked last night. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back