PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ILB Adam Seward [merged - old 2008 thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats to host ILB Adam Seward tomorrow

I can't wait. He's really going to help us next season.

you might be on to something there Jeff Albertson (simpsons comic storer guy), Homer Simpson, Barney Gumble, chief Wigham, and Dr Hibbert might make a pretty good Oline.

By contrast, Seward, 25, wasn't able to beat out a declining Na'il Diggs, which is what it would have taken to get on the field as an olb for the Panthers, who run a 4-3.

Seward may, or may not, end up with the Patriots. He may, or may not, end up a multi-years starter who grows into an all-pro. I just don't think Vrabel should be cited as some reason for pumping this guy up.

Carolina fans dont think Diggs is in decline. He's exactly what Carolina need in their 4-3.

I think that BB sees in Seward what he saw in Welker, Morris, Vrabel, Harrison, etc. Untapped potential.

Carolina fans dont think Diggs is in decline. He's exactly what Carolina need in their 4-3.

I think that BB sees in Seward what he saw in Welker, Morris, Vrabel, Harrison, etc. Untapped potential.
the only problem is bb doesnt want to sign him, the ones you mentioned all visited and got signed, the pats kicked the tires and decided to pass, why cant people undersatnd that

Firstly, you obviously do NOT know ANYTHING about seward's situation....he can not sign a contract ir have one offered to him...you should check with Miguel's site and read about free agents and RFAs..maybe you will learn something.
maybe you ought go and read it, if a restricted free agent is offered a deal he can sign it and his team has the right to match or take the compensation if there is any, so you are the one that does not know what your talking about, what is stopping seward from signing???he hasnt been offered a conract get it?? ill put money on it you dont

Last edited:

the only problem is bb doesnt want to sign him, the ones you mentioned all visited and got signed, the pats kicked the tires and decided to pass, why cant people undersatnd that

When was this made public? Even Reiss doesnt agree with your "interpretation".

maybe you ought go and read it, if a restricted free agent is offered a deal he can sign it and his team has the right to match or take the compensation if there is any, so you are the one that does not know what your talking about, what is stopping seward from signing???he hasnt been offered a conract get it?? ill put money on it you dont
Hey lil boy...you were the one who did NOT understand what is going on..An OFFER sheet has to be given to Carolina Did you not know that?? Maybe you didn't understand what you read..As to your insults..you can take your money and shiove it where the sun don't shine.. Maybe one day you will understand something you obviously do NOT now...

Last edited:

Hey lil boy...you were the one who did NOT understand what is going on..An OFFER sheet has to be given to Carolina Did you not know that?? Maybe you didn't understand what you read..As to your insults..you can take your money and shiove it where the sun don't shine.. Maybe one day you will understand something you obviously do NOT now...
take a deep breath, maybe go out for a long walk, this is only offseason football, and ibelieve you are the one that started the insults , deep breath, relax, its only off season football, deep breath, relax, why dont you use all your vent up anger to start a adam seward fanclub

Why so much animosity surfacing over the Adam Seward situation?

The Patriots have until April 18th to offer him a contract. It should

be noted that Adam is the only Panther RFA who did not accept his

tender offer and re-sign with the club. We could infer from this

that he is waiting for an offer from the Pats.

Since you know BB doesn't want Seward maybe you know other things. can you clue us in on who BB is going to Draft with # 7?

you might be right but you state it is fact, and since no one knows that it is fact except you would explain why people don't understand.

Question...can two teams offer the same RFA a contract offer at the same time??

Last edited:

Indeed. Waiting to the 18th April gives the Pats extra time to scope the market and look at their cap space.

Question...can two teams offer the same RFA a contract offer at the same time??

Yes. Its then up to the player to choose which team he signs for (if clubs are in agreement of compensation - see 5th rounder or a Welker type deal)

Patsgo, the Patriots have brought guys in to "kick the tires", and then decided to sign the guy two weeks later, after realizing he was the best available.

It does seem like a lot of the UFA's and RFA's they really want to lock up get offered contracts right away, but not every free agent they've signed was offered a contract on his first visit with the team.

What I've been somewhat surprised with to this point is there seeming lack of interest in the LB's who are available:

Takeo Spikes: The only real interest came from his end, and I haven't heard anything about the Patriots really liking him.
Victor Hobson: Same as Spikes, he was interested in playing for NE, but they haven't even kicked his tires...
Clark Haggans: Doesn't seem like they are interested, but it seems like other teams (Cleveland) have cooled on him as well. Maybe he's done? Or, they're holding out to get him for cheap?

Last edited:

Patsgo, the Patriots have brought guys in to "kick the tires", and then decided to sign the guy two weeks later, after realizing he was the best available.

It does seem like a lot of the UFA's and RFA's they really want to lock up get offered contracts right away, but not every free agent they've signed was offered a contract on his first visit with the team.
i say he wont be signed, you say he will ,well see whos right, during the free agency peroid your scenario usaully doesnt happen, during the season they bring in emergency list players, that when that usaully happens

i say he wont be signed, you say he will ,well see whos right, during the free agency peroid your scenario usaully doesnt happen, during the season they bring in emergency list players, that when that usaully happens

Actually, I didn't say he would sign... only that you're beliefs concerning NE's free agency practices aren't entirely accurate.

Actually, I didn't say he would sign... only that you're beliefs concerning NE's free agency practices aren't entirely accurate.
when was the last player the patriots brought in "during free agency" and they didnt offer a contract to

when was the last player the patriots brought in "during free agency" and they didnt offer a contract to

This is the second time I have heard you say this, and I find it really hard to believe.

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head but I would bet large sums of money that they have brought in plenty of players and not offered a contract to them.

I am confused you say the pats offer a contract to everyone they bring in...well they visited with Seward yet you don't think will offer anything to him. Or do you think we already did and he didn't like it? you said you dont think we will sign him.

Last edited:

This is the second time I have heard you say this, and I find it really hard to believe.

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head but I would bet large sums of money that they have brought in plenty of players and not offered a contract to them.

I am confused you say the pats offer a contract to everyone they bring in...well they visited with Seward yet you don't think will offer anything to him. Or do you think we already did and he didn't like it? you said you dont think we will sign him.
if you look at their history the players they bring in for visits during the free agency peroid, if they pass their physical are at least offered a contract by the pats, i believe there is something that scared the pats, could of been physical, or he could of been a bust at the chalk board, usaully the pats have a in the ballpark number between the pats and the players agent on a contract, they wouldnt waste their time if they didnt,given all that , i think something happened and the pats opted not to go for him, just my opinion, based on the way the pats handle free agents in the past

Since you know BB doesn't want Seward maybe you know other things. can you clue us in on who BB is going to Draft with # 7?

you might be right but you state it is fact, and since no one knows that it is fact except you would explain why people don't understand.
Don't think that will happen...they have a few weeks now until the deadline..my guess is they'll have an offer sheet to Carolina before that time...unless they find a better solution at ILB. There is no rush to get it done..ASAP. from Sedman2112's post..and link to the Carolina Growl, he was waiting for that. The interest is there..it's an option and I think it will get done in time.

if you look at their history the players they bring in for visits during the free agency peroid, if they pass their physical are at least offered a contract by the pats, i believe there is something that scared the pats, could of been physical, or he could of been a bust at the chalk board, usaully the pats have a in the ballpark number between the pats and the players agent on a contract, they wouldnt waste their time if they didnt,given all that , i think something happened and the pats opted not to go for him, just my opinion, based on the way the pats handle free agents in the past

The Patriots bring in tons of players they don't offer contracts to. Considering they don't need to make an offer sheet until April 18, there are many reasons they might not have yet.

He's he's a restricted free agent, so if they pick the wrong number it could be a waste of time.

They could be looking at a trade to avoid getting matched also.

The Patriots bring in tons of players they don't offer contracts to. Considering they don't need to make an offer sheet until April 18, there are many reasons they might not have yet.

He's he's a restricted free agent, so if they pick the wrong number it could be a waste of time.

They could be looking at a trade to avoid getting matched also.
again name a few of the tons they have brought in during free agency march to may and have not offered a contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST