PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If We Pick At 15

Hard passes on Stafford, Goff, Trubisky and whoever else was moved. None of those guys were worth the draft capitol it took to acquire them. Am I missing anyone else?

Trubisky didn't cost Any draft capital to acquire, and is >>> Scam.

The screw up at the QB position happened well before this year unfortunately. But I agree overall. We need to hit it this year or else we are set even further back from being contenders.
It doesn’t matter when it happened, this was the year to fix it.

Trubisky didn't cost Any draft capital to acquire, and is >>> Scam.
It’s actually even worse than Trubisky did cost draft capital, the Bears played themselves with that trade. They were worried that the 49ers wanted to draft him (even though I think the 49ers later said he wasn’t even in consideration). The Bears traded their 1st rd (3rd overall), 3rd rd (67 overall), 4th rd (111th overall) from that year’s draft, and 3rd rd for 2018 (70th overall) in exchange for SF’s 2nd overall. They gave up two third rounders and a fourth rounder to move up one spot just to take Trubisky. I was never sold on Trubisky and laughed when that happened, though it was Watson who I thought would be the best in that class. I was almost right if not for one other QB.

It’s actually even worse than Trubisky did cost draft capital, the Bears played themselves with that trade. They were worried that the 49ers wanted to draft him (even though I think the 49ers later said he wasn’t even in consideration). The Bears traded their 1st rd (3rd overall), 3rd rd (67 overall), 4th rd (111th overall) from that year’s draft, and 3rd rd for 2018 (70th overall) in exchange for SF’s 2nd overall. They gave up two third rounders and a fourth rounder to move up one spot just to take Trubisky. I was never sold on Trubisky and laughed when that happened, though it was Watson who I thought would be the best in that class. I was almost right if not for one other QB.

Correct; Trubisky cost da Bears Everything, but cost the Billdos next to nothing.

it’s not personal, it’s football.

everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Do I think fields would be baleful for the team, yes! Do I hate him? No! I wish him nothing but the best. Especially if he plays for a different team.
Cousin, I have to agree with you on Fields. He winds up on his throws . He is a half second late and got way with it is college but won't in the pros. Can it be correcetd? Plus what bothers me is the Ohio State stigma on QB's from that school.........."0" success. Would I cry if they took him?..........No, guess not..There is a QB out there who has a super fast delivery. More on him later.
Beddard sais something interesting. He said the Pats Draft those who will not be busts in the long run so the biggest and fastest might not qua;ify. Knowing the Pats Draft results especially the last five or six year seems to me the time for "agonizing reappraisal".
My last minute quicky Draft picks? We are trading down I believe......unless one of the "Fab 4" is there at #10.

I think Bill is in Trade Down mode and he is in trade mode:

1st trade for pick #15 to old friend ,Meyer of the Jags#15 foe their #25, #65 and #170. The Value chart says yes.
Then we call Detroit. The have only 6 picks and plenty of holes.

For a package of our three 4th Rounders, #120.#122 and #139 we get the Lions pick #72 in the 3rd Round. Again the Trade Chart says yes

The next trade goes to Seattle who have only three picks. For their 4th Round pick #129 we trade them our two 5ths #170, and #177 and our two 6ths #188, #197

People trade. Gilmore to the CB starved Cowboys for pick #44

Final trade#129 to Cleveland with Harry and another 4th in 2022 for OBJ

Draft:
#25 Zaven. Collns LB Bigger younger faster Hightower
#44_Kadarius Toney WR Edelman Replacement
#46 Eric StoKes CB Speed kills.4.25 40!!!!!! 6'1" as well. Bill loves these Georgia kids
#65 Davis Mills QB Quickest release in Draft class. Injuries and a false Covid report nailed him in 2020.and that stuff never stops BB.4.59 40.
#72 Walker Little OT Top 20 talent but ACL in 2019 and covid opt out 2020
#96 Robert Rochell CB Best small school CB in class.. Bill found Drugger
#129 To Cleveland with Harry and 2022 4th for OBJ This is a definite maybe
#242 Reed Blankenship S An obscure S in the Pats Draft? This will never happen.

DW Toys

Bill has obviously decided that having Mac Jones and keeping next year's 1st-rounder plus two early Day 3 picks is > Justin Fields without those picks...I wonder if da Bears would've accepted a package of 15, 122 & 188 plus next year's 2nd-rounder...

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back