PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If We Pick At 15

What do you all think of Moehrig? See immediate need elsewhere and understand the stigma with Bill picking DBs in the first few rounds. Interesting case though. Seemed to have patched up the Chung/SS responsibilities in other ways, but don’t see a DMac successor in the pipeline as it stands. Speaking of, he’ll be 34 to start the season and can’t understate the importance he brings to the defense and responsibilities of taking away the explosive plays. 15 might seem high if there’s other options on the board, but maybe if they do ultimately trade down a little it might make more sense if available.

if jones is there at 15, bb can call Washington or New Orleans and rape either of them.
Yeah genius move, the team with out a QB trades their pick so a team with a better QB can draft one.

Yeah genius move, the team with out a QB trades their pick so a team with a better QB can draft one.

Talking about genius moves let's make a Ditka like trade, mortgage the future, and get the fourth least wanted QB in the draft.

Talking about genius moves let's make a Ditka like trade, mortgage the future, and get the fourth least wanted QB in the draft.
7 your getting either Lance, Fields, Parson, Chaise, Horn. I think this could be our sweet spot in the draft.

What do you all think of Moehrig? See immediate need elsewhere and understand the stigma with Bill picking DBs in the first few rounds. Interesting case though. Seemed to have patched up the Chung/SS responsibilities in other ways, but don’t see a DMac successor in the pipeline as it stands. Speaking of, he’ll be 34 to start the season and can’t understate the importance he brings to the defense and responsibilities of taking away the explosive plays. 15 might seem high if there’s other options on the board, but maybe if they do ultimately trade down a little it might make more sense if available.
I wonder if maybe Jalen Mills is the in-house backup to DMac at free safety. Mills played that position the second-most to box safety last season.

Newsflash. Football teams need QBs.

The trade is to CREATE a future, not having a QB is putting the present into foreclosure.

But I’ve explained all of this to you, and I know you understand, you are just too stubborn to admit you are wrong. If that wasn’t the case you would actually have some vague version of a plan that isn’t hope someone gives us a qb they don’t want and he turns out to be great.

The real move to mortgage the future is to keep draft picks that are useless because you don’t have the balls to make a move to fix the gaping hemorrhaging hole in the roster.
Your “future” is mediocrity.

7 your getting either Lance, Fields, Parson, Chaise, Horn. I think this could be our sweet spot in the draft.

What would the Patriots do, if Mac Jones is available @ 15?

More talk about Niners getting Fields, and Falcons/Panthers/Denver getting Lance.

For me, I'd love if Patriots draft Jaylen Waddle @ 15, if available.

Last edited:
What would the Patriots do, if Mac Jones is available @ 15?

More talk about Niners getting Fields, and Falcons/Panthers/Denver getting Lance.
If Mac Jones is available at 15, it would mean that there are legal actions against him and that no one will draft him in the first. Barring that, Jones will be gone at least by 10, probably by 7.

If Mac Jones is available at 15, it would mean that there are legal actions against him and that no one will draft him in the first. Barring that, Jones will be gone at least by 10, probably by 7.
Legal actions? What did I miss?

I wonder if maybe Jalen Mills is the in-house backup to DMac at free safety. Mills played that position the second-most to box safety last season.

I was wondering that too. Also thinking JC Jackson might be a candidate. If not they will most likely draft a Free Safety type in the 3rd? We need a CB and FS to learn for a year before playing a lot in 2022. Obviously the Pats think they can do a lot better than D Harmon considering he signed for peanuts.

Barmore says hello to Brady with his inside rush. Take him.

It would be very surprising if Jones is there at 15 (SF takes him at 3). If he is, the Patriots take him. He has the second most accurate arm in this draft class (with Zack Wilson having the best); it would be a shame to let him slide through our fingers.

BTW, I feel that Jacksonville should take Wilson. Then Lawrence falls to the Jets and BB would be able to torment him twice a year.

OMG the look on Lawrence's face when he realizes that he just fell from #1 pick in the draft, to...the Jets.

I was wondering that too. Also thinking JC Jackson might be a candidate. If not they will most likely draft a Free Safety type in the 3rd? We need a CB and FS to learn for a year before playing a lot in 2022. Obviously the Pats think they can do a lot better than D Harmon considering he signed for peanuts.
Is it so unreasonable to believe that our 2022 are fine
It certainly seems that for now Mills is the backup FS and would be expected to start when McCourty goes.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back