PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Randy Moss stayed in 2010, does the outcome change?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If Randy Moss stayed in 2010

• We beat the Jets and win SB

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • We still lose to the Jets in divisional round

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Wouldn't have made a difference in the end

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Lol @ Moss getting over himself

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the offense was amazing that year so no. I thinking benching Welker for the first drive had a noticeable impact. Pats should never had lost that Jets game.

PS: that years run was the genesis of "mosslost" name and joining the board. Because Moss "lost" by bailing on such a good team.

So even more reason to wish he had stayed o_O

You should add that as a poll option

Most likely not, but then again; who knows. However, that CHI blizzard game & Dan Connolly’s return vs GB will be forever ingrained in my mind.

I think it would of help, who knows how he would of held up down the stretch in the post season.
That was the year of both Gronk and Hernandez. That offense might not have rolled as much as it did with Moss in the mix believe it or not.

I think that year is a minimum "missing Super Bowl appearance". Also, I bet they would have beat Green Bay. They just screwed up.

They would have lost to Green Bay in the Super bowl assuming they got there. They nearly lost to Matt Flynn at home.

They would have lost to Green Bay in the Super bowl assuming they got there. They nearly lost to Matt Flynn at home.

In 2007 the Patriots beat the NYG on the road, and then lost to them in the SB.

In 2010, the Patriots annihilated the NYJ 45-3 in week13, before losing 28-21 in the divisional round.

Things can change between the regular season and the playoffs.

Who knows. Moss looked mentally drained early in the season when he had that bizarre press conference.

Rex Ryan just had a really good game plan that day against the Patriots offense clogging the middle of the field, rushing 3-4 guys and making Brady/WR’s beat Revis and Cromartie on the outside.

The defense not being able to stop Mark Sanchez in a meaningful game might’ve been the lowest point of Bill Belichick’s career.

I thought the offense was amazing that year so no. I thinking benching Welker for the first drive had a noticeable impact. Pats should never had lost that Jets game.

PS: that years run was the genesis of "mosslost" name and joining the board. Because Moss "lost" by bailing on such a good team.

So even more reason to wish he had stayed o_O

You should add that as a poll option

You can always create your own thread complete with a poll...

Well wait a minute ;)

The offense got better that year once Moss left. We found more of an identity after that once we brought Branch back into the fold.

Moss simply didn’t fit our identity that year, not to mention he was past his prime as well.

Do you mean that Moss doesn't get traded to the Vikings? And then Branch doesn't come back either?

Because that case actually makes it more likely for things to go worse for the Patriots. Because without Moss they went 11-1 in the regular season. Hard to do better than that.

For instance the Colts game, Pats won 31-28. Leading receiver Branch.
The Ravens game. Pats won 23-20 in OT. Leading receiver Branch.

Who knows what impact leaving malcontent Moss on the team would have had. Maybe Pats don't even win the division.

Now if you mean we still trade Moss. He has his infamous breakdown after the Vikings game. And Moss bends the knee and kisses BB rings and comes back. So then we end up with Branch and Moss. Well things might get interesting. Not to mention this being a far more amusing alternate timeline.

Have

Not of

I do not think Moss being on the team would have made any difference. That loss was a complete team loss. They had entered the playoffs with such a swagger and just like that totally lost it. I know of some fans who took that loss harder than subsequent SB losses.
Not only the team, but the fans too. I remember being so confident we were winning that game. The loss was a huge shock. I remember after the game there was some kind of swat team activity behind the lot where we parked on Rte. 1 (helicopter with search lights, state police running into the woods and the whole 9 yards - never did find out what it was about), and we were stuck there for hours trying to get out. A miserable ending to a miserable game day.

I think it would of help, who knows how he would of held up down the stretch in the post season.

After Randy left after 4 games where Brady was zeroing on him, Brady went on a tear and won NFL MVP. So............. no we didn't miss him.

No, Randy was checked out. Took him getting booted to see the grass isn't greener on the other side to realize his error.

This. 100% This. I am not even going to talk about whether or not Moss was toast or not. He reverted to form and we know the rest.

To be fair to Moss, he recognized his mistake leaving the Pats almost immediately and pretty much said as much in public more than once.

I don't think that 2010 team does jack either way though. It was better than the 2009 team but still had some of that stink on it.

2011 was just too dependent on Gronk, so when he was broken that was it.

To be fair to Moss, he recognized his mistake leaving the Pats almost immediately and pretty much said as much in public more than once.

I don't think that 2010 team does jack either way though. It was better than the 2009 team but still had some of that stink on it.

2011 was just too dependent on Gronk, so when he was broken that was it.

Omg what a heartbreaker a heathly Gronk in 2011/2012 back to back SB titles imo.

No. Once Randy was traded they took off. His attitude was a boat anchor

I have two teenagers.
Everyday, I have to deal with the unknowable, since I have no idea what they might do (or not do) that day.
So, I don't worry about the unknowable and deal only with what is right before my eyes and real.
How the Patriots would have fared with Moss in 2010 is "unknowable."
Therefore, I can't even think about it.

Omg what a heartbreaker a heathly Gronk in 2011/2012 back to back SB titles imo.
Especially in 2011 when he was taken out by a total cheapshot in the AFCCG. Wasn't even an "honest" injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News