PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Gronk “shoots his way out of town”. Trades I would love to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure BB has a short and long-term plan. It includes Brady and Gronk, no one is untouchable. The media will print articles to fill their agenda and this site will respond to the media. Only BB knows if the Pats will trade Gronk. When does training camp begin?

Trade him and a second to the Raiders for Mack.
He doesn't think BBs fun wait til he has to do spider z right purple mokey 28000 xy middle banana.

Gronkowski is a unique player whose value is irreplaceable, and his contract makes him one of the best bargains in sports, particularly in the NFL salary cap galaxy. Outside of trading him for a sure fire all-pro Brady successor, basically all of these trade proposals are crazy. You just have to hope he stays with the team and continues to perform at a high level for as long as possible, and hopefully things between him and the organization will blow over. My guess is he plays at least another five years here at superstar level, and then we can all go back and laugh at all of these ingenious proposals to trade him for *hopefully* a second round draft pick who, based on probability, won’t contribute much.

5 more years?

Gronk has missed 26 games in 8 seasons. A history of back problems and other maladies. I would surmise the wear and tear of the NFL would leave an older player prone to more injuries and not less.

Its been fun and a lot of laughs, but now Gronk is a distraction. Probably wants more money and be paid like the best TE in the game which is not the Pats style. Brady is not paid as the very best. The Pats win championships for this long because the money is spread around to where you make a great living, but wont break the bank and cripple the franchise.

Gronks stock is still relatively high, so now is the time to deal him. Get somebody new. Brady and BB made Gronk and not the other way around.

Rob Gronkowski Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Trade him and a second to the Raiders for Mack.
He doesn't think BBs fun wait til he has to do spider z right purple mokey 28000 xy middle banana.
You know, with the way Gruden has been acquiring players... I could see this happening. :eek:

“Tell ya what man, Khalil Mack just doesn’t fit the system.”

5 more years?

Gronk has missed 26 games in 8 seasons. A history of back problems and other maladies. I would surmise the wear and tear of the NFL would leave an older player prone to more injuries and not less.

Its been fun and a lot of laughs, but now Gronk is a distraction. Probably wants more money and be paid like the best TE in the game which is not the Pats style. Brady is not paid as the very best. The Pats win championships for this long because the money is spread around to where you make a great living, but wont break the bank and cripple the franchise.

Gronks stock is still relatively high, so now is the time to deal him. Get somebody new. Brady and BB made Gronk and not the other way around.

Rob Gronkowski Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Be careful what you wish for. Brady might follow him out the door and we could
see what a 4-12 team looks like. Belichick is an autocrat who benched Welker when Wes made remarks about Rob Ryan's foot fetish.

see what a 4-12 team looks like. Belichick is an autocrat who benched Welker when Wes made remarks about Rob Ryan's foot fetish.

That was Rex with the foot fetish. Rob has more of a rib fetish, no fixed preference for pork or beef so long as they are of the all u can eat variety.

Benched for one series or 8 plays. Who cares ?

If no one would have pointed it out I bet my ass off that more than 60% of the viewers would not have realized.

The Niners already fleeced NE with the Jimmy trade. Do they really need any more help?

Yep BB got taken by a Rookie GM but just don't say it to the BB disciples...it hurts too much. :rolleyes:

People have already forgotten that John Lynch was a actual Football player. Lynch will go down in History for Flecing HC/GM BB as a Rookie GM. :mad:

The grass actually was greener in Philly for LGB and Chris Long.

It was fluorescent green for them in Philadelphia. The water was flowing through the Philly irrigation system with absolutely no blockage. The water pressure for New England had a small block in it creating a gorgeous green, but not as green as the fluorescent lawn Philly had last season.

Having said that, Philadelphia's lawn was as bright as it will be for a while this past February. They will encounter problems with their irrigation system. The NFL is designed to clog the flow. The schedule gets more difficult, other teams are gunning for you every week, draft picks are at the bottom. Other clogs in the pipes are caused by players getting content, injuries that expose thin rosters and so on. Before they know it crabgrass starts emerging.

The Patriots irrigation system has been pumping water at at a steady flow for 18 years and counting. Matter of fact as soon as the last game ended the Patriots were odds on favorites to win the Super Bowl in 2018. Decisions made by Bill in that game were not popular but they were the same types of decision that have kept the grass a consistent, gorgeous green for many years. Ask LGB or Chris Long if the grass was florescent in Philly when the ball was in Tom Brady's hands with a little over 2 minutes left in the game. I'd bet they were busy saying to themselves how do the NE Patriots constantly keep their grass so green. Yes, we all know the lawn was not quite as bright for the New England Patriots last year, but my money says their lawn will be as good, if not better than any other in the league next season. :D

Go Pats!

Last edited:
This whole thing reminds me of the Jete fans who had no problem giving Mevis 25 million up front and then whining because he was only making a couple of million the next year. It still added up to 13 mil per year.

I find it very acceptable to have Gronk as the 4th highest paid TE in the entire NYFL. If he didn't like 4th then he shouldn't have signed on the dotted line when he did. He doesn't have the ammo to shoot his way out of town.
He signed it, that is very true. However, what about when teams sign players to a big contract and then a few years later ask for a restructuring of that contract? He has outplayed that contract and deserves to get paid what he's currently worth. Teams can't have it both ways.

People have already forgotten that John Lynch was a actual Football player. Lynch will go down in History for Flecing HC/GM BB as a Rookie GM. :mad:
Time will tell, but as of right now I agree. If Sam Bradford can command a 1st round pick for being an injury prone mediocre QB, how the hell does Jimmy G only get a 2nd round pick? The only argument people have for Jimmy G is that he only had 6 quarters of film. My argument is that you either see think the talent is there or it's not. He has certainly exceeded my exceptions last year with his play with the 9ers. Brian Hoyer couldn't buy a win with that team last year and Jimmy rips off 5 straight wins including taking Jacksonville's D to school.

In other news, Jimmy Garoppolo makes HOF. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nah they didnt. But whatever your opinion really is worth nothing to me.

rofl.gif

That must be why you respond to what I post so often.

Gronk wants to be paid like the best tight end in the league? Not with my Patriots. Sure he's the best tight end of all time but he should be paying the Patriots for the right to play for them. If he won't then I think it's time to ship him out of town and draft this fifth round tight end I heard about yesterday.

Yes

We have all suffered greatly under his reign.

We can’t wait for it to be over.

Nah they didnt. But whatever your opinion really is worth nothing to me.
Time will tell, but as of right now, they got fleeced. The 9ers didn't have to give up a 1st round pick for a QB that has potential to be one of the best in the NFL. How does Sam Bradford command a 1st round pick when all he's proven is to get injured a lot and has shown to not be that effective when playing but Jimmy G only gets a 2nd round pick in return? Just like when you're drafted on you're potential, NFL GM's have seen enough to determine if Jimmy G is the real deal and it looks like he is.

I watched every game of his and he made everyone on that team better. I also watched every game when they had Hoyer there and it was painful to watch. He was incompetent and it looked like nobody took him seriously (rightfully so). He is the Jordan Richards of QB's. The point is, Jimmy G took a team that was on it's way to going 0-16 had they kept Hoyer to ripping off 5 straight wins, one against the Jaguars where he put on a clinic.

Gronk wants to be paid like the best tight end in the league? Not with my Patriots. Sure he's the best tight end of all time but he should be paying the Patriots for the right to play for them. If he won't then I think it's time to ship him out of town and draft this fifth round tight end I heard about yesterday.
Is this a joke? If not, you should tell your employer you're going to start paying them for the right to work there.

Gronk is one of the most dominant players I have ever seen - can singlehandedly change a game. A matchup nightmare. But even if he plays this year, after that - whether due to desire or wear and tear- seems iffy. In that light, a trade makes some sense. And despite his greatness, the fact remains, the Patriots won a Super Bowl without him (in fact, 4).
I agree but Colin Cowherd doesn't think so. I had to rewind multiple times to make sure I heard him correctly.

Last edited:
Trade Gronk for ODB straight up...I really prefer for Gronk to stay but if it doesn't work out then get the next best available, dominant player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing