PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Damien Harris continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people sell the OL short.......Onwenu completed the starting 5.......all mobile, all good in the run game.......granted, we are basically using guards as tackles, but why look a gift horse in the mouth? it's good for the running game as long as we don't fall far behind

I understand why you would call Onwenu a guard, but Wynn is a tackle all the way. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing his play dropped off when he had to kick inside to guard earlier in the season.

I'll preface by saying the run blocking has been very good lately and it will be interesting to see how Sony does when he returns.

With that being said, Harris is a bad***. He runs angry, but isn't reckless, explodes through the hole and through the blocks given to him. Harris ran over Queen and Wolfe twice which started to irritate Wolfe giving Harris a shove later in the game. The dude is going to be a star.

Can't call him a bus because he's on the smaller size but definitely runs bigger than he is. So I'll dub him the minivan.

I understand why you would call Onwenu a guard, but Wynn is a tackle all the way. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing his play dropped off when he had to kick inside to guard earlier in the season.

probably because he'd been practicing at OT all season.........it's not a knock, but you'll have a better running game with OG types leveraging on the outside

This offensive line combination of Wynn, onwenu, Andrews, mason and thuney is absolutely fantastic at run blocking. Plus, even though he can’t catch or move much, izzo has been way better than advertised as a blocker.

Add in a hard runner like Harris, who finishes with authority and that makes for some special running plays in the week to come!

Harris is way quicker than a minivan or bus though. He's extremely shifty. I hesitate to use a LeBron analogy but he runs like a freight train.
Harris is physically special with his feet, change of direction, acceleration, and explosiveness. When he gets moving downhill he's so difficult to tackle because of that unique combination of speed, power, and quickness ... combine the three and you have some special explosiveness.

He actually looks like he's lost some weight since college, a few times when he's bounced it or gotten in the open field he's looked rather fast, too, which has been a really pleasant surprise.

The dude can probably squat a big rig - he's built in his upper-body but he's not big with unnecessary weight. Most of his power, explosiveness, quickness and violence comes from his lower body.

So excited to keep watching him play.

I just love watching him run. A violent downhill runner with enough speed, explosiveness and quickness to get around the outside and make people miss. Love him. seems like a decent guy too.

My Harris 37 jersey should arrive tomorrow. Great investment imo. Love the shiftiness and physicality he brings.

If I ahve to choose, I would rather have White back than Burkhead. I would certainly be fine with all of them coming back.,

At this point I wouldn't. Burkhead is a more versatile player while White is essentially a one trick pony receiving back.

Don't get me wrong I love White and appreciate a lot of what he has done but his role is simply much more limited than Burkhead's.

Probably because Cam on the goal line is higher percentage than any of our RB’s on the goal line.

Having Cam take the ball also means a numbers advantage in terms of blocking.

probably because he'd been practicing at OT all season.........it's not a knock, but you'll have a better running game with OG types leveraging on the outside

That doesn't really prove much about Wynn's natural position. By that logic, Brady was only bad at receiving in the Philly Super Bowl because he wasn't practicing at that position, for all we know it could be his natural spot though.

That doesn't really prove much about Wynn's natural position. By that logic, Brady was only bad at receiving in the Philly Super Bowl because he wasn't practicing at that position, for all we know it could be his natural spot though.
That’s a poor analogy

Anyway OL and RB are for our team an asset

Why do we not call him The Omen?

Just axing.

At this point I wouldn't. Burkhead is a more versatile player while White is essentially a one trick pony receiving back.

Don't get me wrong I love White and appreciate a lot of what he has done but his role is simply much more limited than Burkhead's.
Let's be clear. I want to keep both.

But, White is absolute MONEY on 3rd down, as long as he is paired with a good slot receiver like Edelman.

But, White is absolute MONEY on 3rd down, as long as he is paired with a good slot receiver like Edelman.

We are moving in circles. While White is great on screens and on third down, Burkhead is the closest to a 50:50 back to the point where its unclear if it will be a run or a pass play. Because he is pretty good at both which affects much more than third downs.

Either way, I agree that ideally you keep both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back