PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Damien Harris continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony was so immense in the 2018 playoff run that it amazes me how quickly so many have turned on him. He clearly does not look like a star but he was absolutely critical in winning that Super Bowl. If my memory is correct he had nearly 100 yards and multiple TD's against the Chargers in the first half of that win. Had that absolute must have huge 4th and 1 TD run against the Chiefs then probably had the most important run in Patriots history when he broke away for a 26 yarder with the Pats facing 2nd and long from their own 5 in the waning minutes of the Super Bowl. I guess the fact he struggled last year wipes that all out for some.

And he struggled last year because the O-line struggled mightily in it's run blocking through the 1st half of the season. Having Newhouse and Karras as the LT and C respectively will do that. When you look it was even worse when they had Ferentz in against KC. And that's not even mentioning that Mason and Cannon played last season hurt.

The hater brigade on this board all but refuse to look at things in context. They just spew stats and make claims and thing that stats without context mean something. It's their hallmark.

The same insane excuse makers were trying to make it sound like Laurence Maroney was good as well. Nope. This is a ridiculous debate even happening. Damien Harris is miles better than Sony Michel. I'm not even saying Sony is bad. But it's clear Harris should be the permanent starting #1 RB.

Damien Harris is the #1 RB, no question. Bye Bye Sony.
Why bye Sony? The two play different styles and can complement each other as long as the money works.

It's a good idea to have RBs in the stables who play different styles, and I think Michel could thrive in the same kind of role they use Burkhead for, the change of pace back that can exploit an unwary D. He's a good back, he just doesn't have the raw strength to be an all weather guy.

Special teams has not missed a beat without bolden. Does he really get a spot on the roster next season?
A legitimate question. It may just be that a few of the Covid opt outs finds themselves looking for new teams in 2021.

Special teams has not missed a beat without Bolden. Does he really get a spot on the roster next season?
I like Bolden as a "heavy" Back as well as a STer...but Harris has now assumed the Heavy role, and we always have found players for the coverage & return teams...So yeah his spot on the 2021 roster is absolutely in question...

A legitimate question. It may just be that a few of the Covid opt outs finds themselves looking for new teams in 2021.
Bolden is gone, Chung is expendable, **** Vitale's son is gone, LaCrosse is gone, Cannon retires, but HT is welcomed back with open arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST