PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady goes to the Doofins or Jets….

The 49ers need to sit down and have a real discussion on how much longer they can go with their season constantly derailed by an injury to their QB with this roster. They have been knocking on the door for a few years now, but this roster isn't going to be around forever. They have not won a Super Bowl since 1994 and you have the GOAT waiting for your call. It's not going to be the end of the world if Purdy and Lance sit in 2023.

I hope Shanahan and Lynch get together with Brady and see if this can work.
Let's hope they don't get Brady hammered

Everyday that I browse this website I feel like there is a Brady argument going on. I don't get it. If Brady goes to the Dolphins or Jets I literally won't care.

Its his career. His decision.

With that said.. At 45-46. I don't know how many options he has left. He could probably play another season and I think he will. I think he'll retire after next season. I'm guessing he goes to LA Raiders, sneaks into the playoffs and gets bounced in the first round then calls it a career.

True. Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Troy Brown, Dante Hightower, Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman etc etc etc had absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots success. It was just Brady, all by himself, he didn’t need anyone else on the field, he won everything. So true, what a great take. You really know football.
All of those players mentioned have something in common. They all had a lot more to do with the results on the field than any of the coaches on the sideline.

Brady can play for whatever team will have him. We got his best years. Team over the player. This team will bounce back.
We didn't get all of his best years though did we?

The players are the team and it won't bounce back without better ones. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we have a good QB on the team already. I'm not sold on either one yet.

Everyday that I browse this website I feel like there is a Brady argument going on. I don't get it. If Brady goes to the Dolphins or Jets I literally won't care.

Its his career. His decision.

With that said.. At 45-46. I don't know how many options he has left. He could probably play another season and I think he will. I think he'll retire after next season. I'm guessing he goes to LA Raiders, sneaks into the playoffs and gets bounced in the first round then calls it a career.
If he ends up on the Dolphins and beats the Pats I think I'll care then. No way he goes to the Jets.

I'm guessing he goes to SF, wins his 8th SB with his 3rd team then calls it a career.

You're so obvious, desperately pleading a case that Brady must not be signed by San Francisco. It would be your worst nightmare. "No, no, he needs to go to LV or some other place where he won't have a good chance to go deep in the playoffs!" You're not at all concerned for Brady maybe playing too long....that he may fizzle out and hurt his legacy. You want that to be his end. If he goes to the 49ers you're afraid he finishes too good. Then you'll have to divert the conversation to SB 42 or some other goal post moving narrative.
Timmy is hoping and praying Brady doesn’t go to SF. he knows if he does, SF has an excellent shot at winning it all. Brady winning his 8th on a 3rd team would make him combust

Timmy is hoping and praying Brady doesn’t go to SF. he knows if he does, SF has an excellent shot at winning it all. Brady winning his 8th on a 3rd team would make him combust

SF winning it all next year with Mr. 8-10? The guy only threw for 22 touchdowns this year heading into the week 17 when he lit up a backup CB on the Panthers for 3 TDs. Let's not kid ourselves about Brady's 2022 season.

SF needs an improved offensive line to match Philly's D line regardless of whom they have at QB.

Besides, SF only has 17 million in cap space heading into next year. They can't afford him or they'll have to cut some good players to make it happen.

Last edited:
All of those players mentioned have something in common. They all had a lot more to do with the results on the field than any of the coaches on the sideline.

Yep, Bill Belichick doesn’t do anything, and Dante Scarnecchia never played any role in the development and play of their OL, likewise Romeo Crennel, Josh MacDaniel, Charlie Weis and the many other coaches and scouts who worked tirelessly for this organization never really contributed anything, it was just Brady, no one else.

I’m actually hoping Brady goes to the Jets, just to watch people like you twisting yourselves into pretzels over it.

SF winning it all next year with Mr. 8-10? The guy only threw for 22 touchdowns this year heading into the week 17 when he lit up a backup CB on the Panthers for 3 TDs. Let's not kid ourselves about Brady's 2022 season.

SF needs an improved offensive line to match Philly's D line regardless of whom they have at QB.

Besides, SF only has 17 million in cap space heading into next year. They can't afford him or they'll have to cut some good players to make it happen.
Why do you care?

Yep, Bill Belichick doesn’t do anything, and Dante Scarnecchia never played any role in the development and play of their OL, likewise Romeo Crennel, Josh MacDaniel, Charlie Weis and the many other coaches and scouts who worked tirelessly for this organization never really contributed anything, it was just Brady, no one else.

I’m actually hoping Brady goes to the Jets, just to watch people like you twisting yourselves into pretzels over it.
Nobody said that the coaches don't do anything, only that they don't do as much as the players on the field. Even Bill says it's a player's game. I believe him.

well, he needs an all star team around him to play well these days. he ain’t lifting average players and making them good anymore…at least outside of Bill’s system. but rest assured, SF doesn’t want him.
Brady won 5 of the Bucs 8 wins with game-winning drives. Brady won 3 games on scores with less than 10 seconds left in the game. Brady rescued a bad team from a 4-13 record.

And Bill's system???????? Please define this for me because I have no clue what this means. Is this the same system that Patricia flunked out with last season? Same system in 2020 with the Cam clown show? The 0-10 system without Brady? Please explain, WTF is Bill's system??

Brady won 5 of the Bucs 8 wins with game-winning drives. Brady won 3 games on scores with less than 10 seconds left in the game. Brady rescued a bad team from a 4-13 record.

Brady beat the crappiest teams in the NFL this year...those wins don't impress anyone.

It's going to be real interesting if both San Francisco and Las Vegas are truly interested in Brady. A SF option could put a lot of pressure on Vegas to promise adding whatever pieces Brady wants to the offense, like his first season in Tampa Bay when he brought in Gronk, Brown and Fournette. SF is roster ready but they probably could attract a better WR3 and maybe Gronk as a TE2 with Brady coming aboard. Imagine a defense trying to defend Deebo, Aiyuk, McCaffrey, Kittle and Gronk! No sense in wasting a group like that on the likes of the injury prone QB trio of Lance, Garoppolo and Purdy.

What will the Brady haters come up with next if Brady wins his 8th SB with a third team?

Brady beat the crappiest teams in the NFL this year...those wins don't impress anyone.
On the contrary bub, they impress me and multiple other people who said as much when the games happened!

On the contrary bub, they impress me and multiple other people who said as much when the games happened!

Well, the Cowboys weren't impressed with Brady (and neither was I).

Ok, I'll play this game. Why do you care about how Brady did in Tampa or whether he goes to SF?
Because he impressively bolstered is already impeccable legacy by winning a Super Bowl with another team and a head coach other than Belichick (who can't get out of his own way without Brady).

SF would be a great fit for Brady to finish his career with a couple of championship caliber seasons.

Well, the Cowboys weren't impressed with Brady (and neither was I).
I don't get it. We're talking about the last second comebacks and game-winning drives. What does that have to do with the Cowboys? Or is this you just conceding one argument by arbitrarily moving onto another?

Ok, I'll play this game. Why do you care about how Brady did in Tampa or whether he goes to SF?
No you're not playing this game you're deflecting like always. You know why I care. You know why any Patriots fan that followed the team for the past 20 plus years care. We appreciate and are fans of Brady because what he gave us. We wish him success. Now don't try and drag this into some kind of achievement discredit troll job. We've heard it all time after time after time after time. We disagree. We believe hes the GOAT. Now your turn. Why do you care? It's rhetorical but you never come clean with why you spend so much time trying to dismantle him. Why do you do it?

Because he impressively bolstered is already impeccable legacy by winning a Super Bowl with another team and a head coach other than Belichick (who can't get out of his own way without Brady).

SF would be a great fit for Brady to finish his career with a couple of championship caliber seasons.

He got lucky in 2020 going to a team with a lot of talent and brought in some very talented players as well. The fact he couldn't repeat or even make the NFCCG in 2021 and 2022 tells me it was pure luck in 2020. Good teams find a way to go deep in the playoffs year after year. Just look at the Chiefs. Fluke teams like the 2012 Ravens, 2021 Rams, and 2017 Eagles win one and they are done. The 2020 Bucs are part of that group.

I don't get it. We're talking about the last second comebacks and game-winning drives. What does that have to do with the Cowboys? Or is this you just conceding one argument by arbitrarily moving onto another?

Because the comebacks against crappy teams don't mean anything. If you can't do it against good playoff caliber teams like the cowboys, the other comebacks are meaningless. It was funny watching Brady running around and acting like he did a great thing beating the Saints and Panthers. I was laughing.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back