PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady goes to the Doofins or Jets….

Tom. Please retire. Yes, you can still play, but stop anyway. Get into the comms booth.
I wanna see him go out with a Super Bowl win. A cherry on top 8th win that will make all QB challengers despair and slap themselves for even thinking about achieving such greatness.

Brady's SF plans not exactly working out, since six months is right around when training camp starts...

Brady's SF plans not exactly working out, since six months is right around when training camp starts...

The 49ers need to sit down and have a real discussion on how much longer they can go with their season constantly derailed by an injury to their QB with this roster. They have been knocking on the door for a few years now, but this roster isn't going to be around forever. They have not won a Super Bowl since 1994 and you have the GOAT waiting for your call. It's not going to be the end of the world if Purdy and Lance sit in 2023.

I hope Shanahan and Lynch get together with Brady and see if this can work.

I'm catching up on this debate. How about the 49ers opening up as a real possibility now after that debacle yesterday? Lynch and Shanahan must be besides themselves with every season ending with some quarterback fiasco. Not sure what people were saying yesterday but Purdy didn't exactly tough it out. He was throwing warmup tosses on the sideline which led me to believe he should have been capable of at least attempting some passes in the game. Which he didn't.

The 49ers can bring Brady in for two seasons with Lance and Purdy as backups with either emerging as the next guy after Brady retires (with 9 SB rings).

How do you suggest Purdy might "tough it out" with a torn elbow ligament? Those sideline tosses confirmed he could no longer throw the ball. Serious injuries (what you call "fiascos") happen. I hate to think what might happen to you and some of the others here when Brady either retires or proves on the field that he's human after all. Criminy, you have him playing two more years! I don't recall if it was you or another Tampa Bay ghetto refugee who said the other day Brady should play 'til his arms fall off. The only thing sadder would be Tom feeling likewise.

How do you suggest Purdy might "tough it out" with a torn elbow ligament? Those sideline tosses confirmed he could no longer throw the ball. Serious injuries (what you call "fiascos") happen. I hate to think what might happen to you and some of the others here when Brady either retires or proves on the field that he's human after all. Criminy, you have him playing two more years! I don't recall if it was you or another Tampa Bay ghetto refugee who said the other day Brady should play 'til his arms fall off. The only thing sadder would be Tom feeling likewise.
No I didn't say that last part but we all know that wouldn't happen anyway. Brady won't play anymore when he thinks he's not good enough. Maybe he retires this offseason? But to me he looks like he can still play and SF would be a perfect fit.

Regarding Purdy, the optics from yesterday were strange, but whatever at this point it's confirmed he has a serious elbow injury. Last I checked you need an elbow to throw a football. SF would be foolish to wait around for his recovery.

The 49ers need to sit down and have a real discussion on how much longer they can go with their season constantly derailed by an injury to their QB with this roster. They have been knocking on the door for a few years now, but this roster isn't going to be around forever. They have not won a Super Bowl since 1994 and you have the GOAT waiting for your call. It's not going to be the end of the world if Purdy and Lance sit in 2023.
No team goes with two proven starters (Brady and Purdy) and a promising rookie backup (Lance), it's a waste of resources.

It'd just be SF's luck if they sign that mf'er Brady then he gets injured.

Don't underestimate the SF Jinx!

No team goes with two proven starters (Brady and Purdy) and a promising rookie backup (Lance), it's a waste of resources.

It'd just be SF's luck if they sign that mf'er Brady then he gets injured.

Don't underestimate the SF Jinx!

I hope Tom has the wisdom to know and admit to himself when he's done. I'm concerned too much of his self-identity is wrapped up in playing football.

6 months is extremely optimistic. Could take up to 12 months to completely recover and throw on that arm. There is no certainty he'll be ready by training camp. Niners might be bracing to bite the bullet and sign him.

I hope Shanahan and Lynch get together with Brady and see if this can work.

if Brady played well last year then i’d consider him if I were the Niners.

he likes doubling down on stupid

You're so obvious, desperately pleading a case that Brady must not be signed by San Francisco. It would be your worst nightmare. "No, no, he needs to go to LV or some other place where he won't have a good chance to go deep in the playoffs!" You're not at all concerned for Brady maybe playing too long....that he may fizzle out and hurt his legacy. You want that to be his end. If he goes to the 49ers you're afraid he finishes too good. Then you'll have to divert the conversation to SB 42 or some other goal post moving narrative.

I hope Tom has the wisdom to know and admit to himself when he's done. I'm concerned too much of his self-identity is wrapped up in playing football.
He is kind of Psycho that way. That worries me too. I think he has another year in him but after that I hope he can handle what comes next

He is kind of Psycho that way. That worries me too. I think he has another year in him but after that I hope he can handle what comes next
But what if he decides to be Jerry Rice and just keep playing forever? I know others don't want to see him keep going, but I'm fine if he wants to keep playing forever even as the returns diminish. I don't know when it'll be, but I could see him going until he has to be a back up somewhere. His pride probably couldn't take that, though that could extend his career another 3-4 years.

But what if he decides to be Jerry Rice and just keep playing forever? I know others don't want to see him keep going, but I'm fine if he wants to keep playing forever even as the returns diminish. I don't know when it'll be, but I could see him going until he has to be a back up somewhere. His pride probably couldn't take that, though that could extend his career another 3-4 years.
Oh, if he's still capable then sure, go for it. I was talking about letting go when it's time. When he does that he might have a harder time adjusting than a "normal" athlete does.

The question I have is, does Toamy want a part of this action?

Oh, if he's still capable then sure, go for it. I was talking about letting go when it's time. When he does that he might have a harder time adjusting than a "normal" athlete does.
Right. I guess my question is what does "when it's time" mean to Brady? For me (whenever it is), it's okay if he's not performing at a high level anymore because he probably knows how to play smarter than your average backup. It's a question if he wants to go that route or not.

It could also be a money question. At some point, his off-the-field activities will be worth more than whatever a team will give him.

You're so obvious, desperately pleading a case that Brady must not be signed by San Francisco. It would be your worst nightmare. "No, no, he needs to go to LV or some other place where he won't have a good chance to go deep in the playoffs!" You're not at all concerned for Brady maybe playing too long....that he may fizzle out and hurt his legacy. You want that to be his end. If he goes to the 49ers you're afraid he finishes too good. Then you'll have to divert the conversation to SB 42 or some other goal post moving narrative.

well, he needs an all star team around him to play well these days. he ain’t lifting average players and making them good anymore…at least outside of Bill’s system. but rest assured, SF doesn’t want him.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back