PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady gets a 5th ring this time do you think he gets 6?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Does Brady end with 6 if he wins this one?

• Yes

Votes: 51 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
for goodness' sake patience young grasshopper. do not poop in next year's grain field before tending to this year's harvest.

Honestly if the Patriots go back to the Super Bowl next year.. I think the NFL will be extremely pissed off. Other fans from across the country are so sick of the Patriots winning. For me personally obviously I hope they do get #6 but even if they are the best team in the NFL they still have to stay healthy the whole season and finish strong at the end and into the playoffs. (And first they have to get #5)

I am going to go out on a limb and say the Pats probably won't get ring #6 with Brady. We also don't know when Brady starts to decline.. does it happen next year? Or 4 years from now.. who the hell knows.

Way too early for that. We will have a ton of free agents. Bennet is probably gone as well as Ryan and possibly Blount. Who knows if Gronk is ever the same again. That's three disc surgeries. Even if he is, he will probably go down at some point next year. Denver and KC probably improve their QB situation. Houston is a decent QB away from being exactly the kind of team that gives us huge problems. Carr will presumably be healthy. Pittsburgh could improve greatly if they got a new head coach. Indy got rid of one of the anchors dragging them down. The heaviest one.

Sure, I expect them to be in the mix. But I also think the AFC will probably get stronger. Who knows what happens next year? We need to at least get to October/November before we have any kind of reasonably educated guess on what is going to happen. Our secondary is covering up a lot of warts on the defensive line. If that secondary becomes weaker I think the DLine immediately becomes a much bigger problem. We could go from one of the better defenses in the league to a disaster. We also need to shore up the OLine. We are solid on the outside but the middles is soft as hell. When those guys get beat it's not by a little. They get destroyed. That's scary considering that our best player is 40. He can talk about "pliability" and nonsense like that all he wants. But at that age your body is more susceptible to injury. That's just a fact.

Let's worry about Atlanta first. That is a good offense. Not really the kind of defense that typically gives the Patriots issues, but a formidable opponent nonetheless. I just want a win next Sunday. I will start worrying about the future when the draft and free agency get here.

Honestly if the Patriots go back to the Super Bowl next year.. I think the NFL will be extremely pissed off. Other fans from across the country are so sick of the Patriots winning. For me personally obviously I hope they do get #6 but even if they are the best team in the NFL they still have to stay healthy the whole season and finish strong at the end and into the playoffs. (And first they have to get #5)

I am going to go out on a limb and say the Pats probably won't get ring #6 with Brady. We also don't know when Brady starts to decline.. does it happen next year? Or 4 years from now.. who the hell knows.

That's why I HATE the idea of trading Jimmy. Can you imagine if we trade away the next Aaron Rodgers for a bag of balls? One needs to look no further than our own division to see how difficult it is to find an above average QB. When was the last time there was a decent QB in our division not named Brady? Marino or Bledsoe in the 90s? Pennington for a year or two? I realize that it might be a necessity, but it still kills me.

I think if Bill honestly thinks Garopollo can be an above average QB for us for the next 10-12 years he has to keep him, not Brady at the end of next year. I will take 10-12 years of very good QB play over 2-3 years of elite QB play. Assuming you even get that. Brady could start to decline at any moment or suffer an injury. Look at Manning. He was never the same after that neck injury, even with the steroids.

I think if Bill doesn't think Jimmy is that good I am fine with him trading him, holding onto Brady and finding the next QB in the draft. Obviously I trust his judgment more than mine but I am really high on the kid. I do not understand the people who can't wait to flip him for a pick(s). Again, I understand that might be necessary, but it's not something I want to see happen.

I used to say this was enough. Now I've started to hear the usual ****s spout off about Bart Starr/Lombardi winning 5 NFL titles, 3 pre- Super Bowl but to think the AFL teams before they were ready ...

Now I hope that leaks through to him and he is driven for 6.

I'll be disappointed if Brady is never able to refer to his rings as the hateful eight.
No, not "hateful." That's out of character for Brady. (Yes, I know you're riffing on the movie title, it still doesn't work.)

The Patriots have plenty of free agents and plenty of cap room, imo they will be even better next season. if so, who in the AFC is going to beat them out for another SB berth?

I'm pretty sure that if they do win this SB they will immediately be the favorite to win next year, and they will be 1 or 2 heading into the season.

This run of success isn't over in 9 days.

Other than Brady where are we showing our age? What key player looks to retire soon? We get a first round draft pick again, we have cap space and I'm not convinced the Dolphins will repeat what they did this year with a harder schedule. The Jets and Bills don't seem like they're surging towards challenging us again next year.

Who is going to stop us? The Steelers, Chiefs, Raiders... There's some teams with some outside shots at challenging us next year depending on how they improve - the Titans, Colts, Bengals and Ravens but right now they don't look like realistic contenders.

I think the window for SB berths looks opens for as long as Brady is likely to continue playing.

If the team stays healthy next season and we keep Butler and Hightower in FA, I don't see why this team can't do this again next year.

Is anyone really afraid of the joke Steelers again? Or the Broncos with possibly Romo at QB? Or the clown show over in Kansas City with Smith and Reid? Meh.

But you think this team is hated now? Just wait till they're vying for a 6th title and third Super Bowl appearance in four seasons. The hate will be nuclear.

Id just like them to win next weekend.. You need to get the 5th ring before you can think about getting the 6th

Id just like them to win next weekend.. You need to get the 5th ring before you can think about getting the 6th

Wouldn't we all.

But that's not the point of the entire thread LOL

That's why I HATE the idea of trading Jimmy. Can you imagine if we trade away the next Aaron Rodgers for a bag of balls? One needs to look no further than our own division to see how difficult it is to find an above average QB. When was the last time there was a decent QB in our division not named Brady? Marino or Bledsoe in the 90s? Pennington for a year or two? I realize that it might be a necessity, but it still kills me.

I think if Bill honestly thinks Garopollo can be an above average QB for us for the next 10-12 years he has to keep him, not Brady at the end of next year. I will take 10-12 years of very good QB play over 2-3 years of elite QB play. Assuming you even get that. Brady could start to decline at any moment or suffer an injury. Look at Manning. He was never the same after that neck injury, even with the steroids.

I think if Bill doesn't think Jimmy is that good I am fine with him trading him, holding onto Brady and finding the next QB in the draft. Obviously I trust his judgment more than mine but I am really high on the kid. I do not understand the people who can't wait to flip him for a pick(s). Again, I understand that might be necessary, but it's not something I want to see happen.

Jimmy Garopollo's market is as high as it's ever been. That's when you sell - when the market is high. Waiting a year would be very costly as he will have lost almost all trade value (unless you franchise him).

If you read the article on how Tom Brady has improved on every measurable each of the last 3 years, you may not be so willing to ditch your star QB who has every reason to believe that he can play at a very high level for a number of years. I'd rather be on the Tom Brady side of the Jimmy Garopollo/Tom Brady matchups.

Is anyone else really taking this SB for granted right now compared to two years ago? I don't mean it in a bad way, it's just that there was so much on the line in that SB compared to this one.

Is anyone else really taking this SB for granted right now compared to two years ago? I don't mean it in a bad way, it's just that there was so much on the line in that SB compared to this one.

No winning 5 is huge for a lot of reasons

Bill Belichick breaks a record for most Super Bowl wins

Tom Brady becomes a 5X Super Bowl Champion (NFL RECORD FOR A QB)

The New England Patriots become 5X Super Bowl Champions surpassing the Packers and Giants and join the 5 club with the Cowboys and 49ers

It'd be tough, probably not. Although I didn't think #5 would happen and here we are in the big game again. 5 ties Bart Starr for titles, so 6 would be the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes