PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Idle thoughts

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
No mention of Agholor? Sounds like he has the potential to contribute in a meaningful way this season.
I actually forgot about him. Lol

EDIT - i have added my thoughts, and this wasn't a diss on him

Last edited:
I don't know how you are so secure about the WRs Ken, if I am being honest

I am glad that Parker is here, he seems better than advertised, but his biggest thing was injury-proness. Meyers has perhaps taken a step forward? And then Thornton... That's the real good stuff.

About Nixon and Humphrey, to me and I know Im getting hate for not going with the hype, but oh well, seems to be a bit of an over reaction. Im not denying good stuff out has come out (I haven't seem A LOT of it, but some good stuff for sure), but always against questionable adverseries AND they have pretty high bar to succed now. Otherwise, as good as they are, they aren't sticking (in the 53).

Wilkerson was the dark horse, but now he's injured and it REALLY sucks for him since in this instance it doesn't seem that it was his fault, but he has missed a lot of time for such a short career, for us especially.

Then Bourne... I read that Ross suggested that a trade might happen and the rose-tainted glass kinda came off. Except for his off-field chemestry with Mac, there hasn't been much good on him.

Unfortunately, I have to make it crystal clear here: I am NOT saying our WR group sucks. I think they are good (If the Bourne situation is smoke and not fire), but to say, like you said "The WR is MUCH better than we expected. ", i really can't agree

EDIT: I forgot about Agholor . The thing about him for me is two-fold actually, and I think you might understand why i forgot him:
the point of empashis for this season IS to have him involved (unless he's traded) AND last year, he was having the same type of reports (although less so recently, yesterday was a good day for him) - He would do really well in Individual drills and good on situational drills, but on 11-11, not so much. Last year his reports were really good in-so-far August. So, in reality, He has the most difficult position of all, for me personally: He has high expectations, but no (consisent) production when it matters. So until proven otherwise, in game, I find it difficult to reliably say that he improved
Agholors targets also went down and we didn't exactly try to light it up taking deep shots so some regression is expected. I'd like to see him, Bourne and Henry get about 20-30 more targets.

I don't know how you are so secure about the WRs Ken, if I am being honest

I am glad that Parker is here, he seems better than advertised, but his biggest thing was injury-proness. Meyers has perhaps taken a step forward? And then Thornton... That's the real good stuff.

About Nixon and Humphrey, to me and I know Im getting hate for not going with the hype, but oh well, seems to be a bit of an over reaction. Im not denying good stuff out has come out (I haven't seem A LOT of it, but some good stuff for sure), but always against questionable adverseries AND they have pretty high bar to succed now. Otherwise, as good as they are, they aren't sticking (in the 53).

Wilkerson was the dark horse, but now he's injured and it REALLY sucks for him since in this instance it doesn't seem that it was his fault, but he has missed a lot of time for such a short career, for us especially.

Then Bourne... I read that Ross suggested that a trade might happen and the rose-tainted glass kinda came off. Except for his off-field chemestry with Mac, there hasn't been much good on him.

Unfortunately, I have to make it crystal clear here: I am NOT saying our WR group sucks. I think they are good (If the Bourne situation is smoke and not fire), but to say, like you said "The WR is MUCH better than we expected. ", i really can't agree

EDIT: I forgot about Agholor . The thing about him for me is two-fold actually, and I think you might understand why i forgot him:
the point of empashis for this season IS to have him involved (unless he's traded) AND last year, he was having the same type of reports (although less so recently, yesterday was a good day for him) - He would do really well in Individual drills and good on situational drills, but on 11-11, not so much. Last year his reports were really good in-so-far August. So, in reality, He has the most difficult position of all, for me personally: He has high expectations, but no (consisent) production when it matters. So until proven otherwise, in game, I find it difficult to reliably say that he improved
Jay, I can only go by what I hear and what's been written up to this point. Aghular has been good and impressing all camp. Parker is all he was advertised to be. Meyers has seemed to be more athletic and just as steady. Nixon has been much improved over last season. And Wilkerson looked like he was finally putting it together after 3 seasons of teasing us in camp. We came from who's going to catch the ball, to having fears of having too many quality guys for the 5-6 slots we have available. The only question mark that remains is Kendrick Bourne. But even though he has rarely been mentioned for great catches, he hasn't been mentioned as being bad either. PLUS he comes off a year he caught 800yds of receptions, while only playing just over 30% of the offensive snaps.....with a ROOKIE QB and a very constrained offense.

Jay I would LOVE to hear about Bourne blowing the competition away but its hard given we haven't seen him take a snap of live action yet. But we DO have 800 yds of completions to give a good INDICATION of what he can do with Mac.

Agholors targets also went down and we didn't exactly try to light it up taking deep shots so some regression is expected. I'd like to see him, Bourne and Henry get about 20-30 more targets.

Plus Smith, Parker and Thornton get targets too? That is one hell of a lot of pass attempts.

Patricia does not deserve our respect. Consider: 1) He was a mediocre DC, as demonstrated by the sudden improvement when an actual, hardworking DC took over the job in Detroit where 2) In Detroit, left to his own devices, his arrogance and preening blowhard ways resulted in one of the most spectacular HC failures in NFL history.

I don't get it, and it p------s me off. If ol' Kraft is the man I think he is, Fat Matt will soon be history. "Rocket Scientist," my a---.

Patricia does not deserve our respect. Consider: 1) He was a mediocre DC, as demonstrated by the sudden improvement when an actual, hardworking DC took over the job in Detroit where 2) In Detroit, left to his own devices, his arrogance and preening blowhard ways resulted in one of the most spectacular HC failures in NFL history.

I don't get it, and it p------s me off. If ol' Kraft is the man I think he is, Fat Matt will soon be history. "Rocket Scientist," my a---.
As a football coach, he's a great rocket scientist.

I do not understand why bb has not sent Patricia back to the role patricia had last year.

As much as judge sucks, at least players are not on the verge of mutiny when he is around.

Patricia’s “rise” as a coach came from his hand in Belichick’s pants pocket. No other nfl coach has vouched for Patricia besides Belichick

Prior to joining the patriots here is Patricia’s coaching history

• (1996) RPI
    Graduate assistant
  • Amherst (1999–2000)
    Defensive line coach
  • Syracuse (2001–2003)
    Offensive graduate assistant
Far from a qualified NFL coach. He owes his entire nfl coaching career to one man..Belichick

The minute he left Belichick he was a colossal failure elsewhere. To the point where no one in the nfl would take him besides BB

Far from a qualified NFL coach. He owes his entire nfl coaching career to one man..Belichick

The minute he left Belichick he was a colossal failure elsewhere. To the point where no one in the nfl would take him besides BB

You do not know that. You have no idea what job offers Patricia had after leaving Detroit. This is why you are a troll - you make things up to fit any point you want to make.

You do not know that. You have no idea what job offers Patricia had after leaving Detroit. This is why you are a troll - you make things up to fit any point you want to make.
Ahh a Patricia apologist I see

No - just someone that enjoys PatsFans and recognizes it is less visited due to the trolling. Time to stop post "conjecture" as "facts", if you can understand the difference.

I have the right to an opinion and I will give it, as I have the past 13 years here. I enjoy patsfans as much as you do, but I don’t have the homer glasses on when it comes to poor drafting, inconsistent talent evaluations, and grotesque nepotism and bias selections in the hiring of coaches. Which is why we haven’t won a division title without Tom Brady.

I have the right to an opinion and I will give it, as I have the past 13 years here. I enjoy patsfans as much as you do, but I don’t have the homer glasses on when it comes to poor drafting, inconsistent talent evaluations, and grotesque nepotism and bias selections in the hiring of coaches. Which is why we haven’t won a division title without Tom Brady.

Opinions are fine. You said the Patricia did not have any other options. That is not an opinion. That is a statement of fact that you have no way of knowing. You have no way to know what options Patricia had when he left Detroit and returned to the Pats.

13 years does not justify trolling. Express your opinions all you like, but if you want to guess at something, state that it is guess. "I would be surprised if Patricia had any other opportunities". That is a guess or an opinion, and being a respectful, considerate poster on PatsFans. But that is not how you write. You troll.

Patricia was fired on Nov. 28, 2020 during his 3rd season as HC. Nobody hires coaches in December. He was hired by the Pats on January 22, 2021 during the 2020 season. He is also still being paid by the Lions. I don't think it's far fetched to assume that after a 13-29-1 (.314) record (Lions finished last in NFCN in all 3 seasons) that there were any offers from other teams. Just my opinion.

Patricia was fired on Nov. 28, 2020 during his 3rd season as HC. Nobody hires coaches in December. He was hired by the Pats on January 22, 2021 during the 2020 season. He is also still being paid by the Lions. I don't think it's far fetched to assume that after a 13-29-1 (.314) record (Lions finished last in NFCN in all 3 seasons) that there were any offers from other teams. Just my opinion.

Lots of coaches get fired and rehired. Happens all the time. Patricia is a smart, loyal guy. Maybe he had no other offers. Who cares?

Things are a lot more complex than your simplistic conclusion that no Brady = no division titles. Even with Brady, winning the division in 2020 and '21 would've been no cinch. The 11-5 record in 2008 with Matt Cassel would have been good enough to take the division most seasons and don't forget the Brady-led 2002 team finished second in the AFCE at 9-7. Considering the league's institutionalized cyclical nature, which the Pats have defied against most odds for many years, it only makes sense New England would hit some down seasons. Even then, they continued bucking the trend making the playoffs last year with a rookie QB.

Every team has inconsistent talent evaluations. All teams have poor drafts but not every team consistently drafts late in each round like the Patriots have for many years, essentially being "hamstrung by success." BB has taken full responsibility for the coaching staff this season so as questionable as it looks it's way to early to judge. And what you label "grotesque nepotism" just doesn't apply, as by all accounts BB's sons have at least proven capable in their respective roles. (NFL coaches having sons on staff is very common.) So there's "wearing homer glasses" and then there's being unduly critical by way of being spoiled.

And of course Detroit is a hotbed of success. I mean, so many other coaches have excelled with that franchise!

And of course Detroit is a hotbed of success. I mean, so many other coaches have excelled with that franchise!
Caldwell's record as Lions coach was 36–28 (.563) before Patricia (.314) stepped in as HC. Caldwell made the playoffs in 2 of his 4 seasons. Night and day with the suckitude from Patricia.

Caldwell's record as Lions coach was 36–28 (.563) before Patricia (.314) stepped in as HC. Caldwell made the playoffs in 2 of his 4 seasons. Night and day with the suckitude from Patricia.
Made the wildcard every other year, one and done both times. Most impressive.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back