PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian Rapaport echoes what I’ve been saying

Are we blaming BB or BOB.

Im trying to keep up with this ever changing story. BB did not micro manage Mickey D.

There is enough blame to go around. The Pats are 3-10, not 10-3. Everyone involved with the offense has a share of the blame pie.

I asked the question last week what our record would be with Zappe as QB all season, one guy answered. I think we'd have 7-8 wins right now, not great but not as terrible as we are now.

What makes you think that. The Pats are not having anymore success with Zappe as they were with Mac. I doubt the Pats would have more than one or two more wins if Zappe started all season. And the record could still be 3-10.

Idunno. I remember a time when BB would spend time picking the brains of college coaches to find a way to incorporate some of their system into ours with TB. I know some here will think BB is at such arrogant heights that this can no longer be true, but I'm calling BS on this theory. Now if BOB wanted to change the entire offense that's a different story and should have been worked out before his hire.

I don’t think Belichick puts that effort in anymore. He used to go to the Combines and a lot of pro days. He seems to have relegated those responsibilities in recent years. I don’t think he has been to the Combines since Brady left.

I said it could be excuse making from the OBrien camp. But word was Belichick took over control of much of the offense last year too. So it wouldn’t be surprising if he dictated to O’Brien what he can and can’t run in terms of advanced play calling.

What makes you think that. The Pats are not having anymore success with Zappe as they were with Mac. I doubt the Pats would have more than one or two more wins if Zappe started all season. And the record could still be 3-10.
I don't think Zappe would have turned the ball over as much especially in crucial situations and managed the game better, just my opinion, I know some won't agree with that and we'll never know if I'm right.

Yeah, to be quite frank, we’re in most of these games. An average, above average or elite QB easily adds 5-7 more wins with the way the defense has been playing most of the season. A few plays here and there, along with Mac’s boneheaded decisions have resulted in an 3-11 season. Unfortunately, we still need to augment the roster and coaching staff in order to achieve what we’re accustomed to. We'll see what happens..

I don't think Zappe would have turned the ball over as much especially in crucial situations and managed the game better, just my opinion, I know some won't agree with that and we'll never know if I'm right.

He has the last two weeks. If the Steelers had a real QB, the Pats might have lost that game two weeks ago. Zappe was intercepted up 21-10 which put the Steelers on the Patriots’ 15 yard line and the Steelers ended up going nine yards and losing the ball on downs when Trubisky threw an incompletion on second down and only passed for one yard on 4th and 2. The Steelers lost 21-18.

I do agree that average-level QB play probably makes them around a .500 or slightly above .500 team. However, obviously no one is probably that enthusiastic about a .500 team. QB is the glaring need. Fortunately the team was so held down by its biggest weakness that they are primed to fix it with their first draft pick. If they flip from basement-level QB play to top 10 QB play, how far will they go?

I asked the question last week what our record would be with Zappe as QB all season, one guy answered. I think we'd have 7-8 wins right now, not great but not as terrible as we are now.
He's 1-2 with one shutout at home. Not great when you break that out over a whole season.

Team Bill's last stand. "Mac is the only bad player out of 53".
Or Andy is still trying to salvage his horrid take in one of the most hilarious threads of the season.

Thread 'Next 6 games.' Next 6 games.

BTW, this is while Mac was the starter. Andy is angry at Mac for making him look like a fool. Lol

Rapoport also opined that with just mediocre quarterback play this season, the 3-11 Patriots could be looking at a nine- or 10-win season.

I agree, providing that we re-sign our free agents and draft a LT in the first or early second.

"So I think the main thing for me was just trying to like figure out what's gonna happen over the next month or so. Saying the Patriots are going to move on from Bill Belichick, it's like, what you're saying is the Patriots are going to fire the greatest coach of all time. If you're going to say that, it better be 100 percent not changeable and true. I do not know that to be the case. I don't know that anybody knows that to be the case right now. I don't believe that's been decided right now," Rapoport told Guregian.

Patriots had no problem moving on from the greatest QB of all time, who actually made a difference on the field. Yet, here we are saying a middling QB would have this crap team in the playoffs. Lol, you can't make this stuff up.

Andy. I don’t always agree with you.
I like yourself and everyone else on this site has nit been happy campers the last few years.
My Initial instinct was to want a coaching change.
But then when I really start ponder that idea. I revert back to we have the best coach ever.
I am a lot older and seen those years of really bad coaching and GM’s.
If someone gives me a exciting Coach/GM combo then I will listen
Until then I don’t want another Rod Rust and Bobby Grier
I‘ll take my chances with BB

I do agree that average-level QB play probably makes them around a .500 or slightly above .500 team. However, obviously no one is probably that enthusiastic about a .500 team. QB is the glaring need. Fortunately the team was so held down by its biggest weakness that they are primed to fix it with their first draft pick. If they flip from basement-level QB play to top 10 QB play, how far will they go?
.500 or better with a mediocre QB is an entirely different story and path forward than the “worst roster in the NFL” crap people have been serving up around here.

Or Andy is still trying to salvage his horrid take in one of the most hilarious threads of the season.

Thread 'Next 6 games.' Next 6 games.

BTW, this is while Mac was the starter. Andy is angry at Mac for making him look like a fool. Lol
The next 6 games thread was dead on, because it really did determine the course of the season.

Zappe at least tried to execute the play as called.

I don’t think Belichick puts that effort in anymore. He used to go to the Combines and a lot of pro days. He seems to have relegated those responsibilities in recent years. I don’t think he has been to the Combines since Brady left.

I said it could be excuse making from the OBrien camp. But word was Belichick took over control of much of the offense last year too. So it wouldn’t be surprising if he dictated to O’Brien what he can and can’t run in terms of advanced play calling.
BB did go in 2022, but skipped last year. We did see A LOT written about how the draft handling would be much different. His presence there could be either unnecessary or a hissy fit. Who knows. I still don't believe that BOB walked into a situation blind.

.500 or better with a mediocre QB is an entirely different story and path forward than the “worst roster in the NFL” crap people have been serving up around here.
I agree, I am saying that a .500 team is still not necessarily where we want to be. However, the awful QB play has caused an otherwise potentially .500 roster to be almost guaranteed a top 3 pick instead, which they can then use to take a QB and turn their biggest weakness by far into a strength instead. If that happens, they could quickly flip into an above .500 team in a year.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back