PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I see 11-5 this year in a realistic look at this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
An oldie but a goodie. :p

Can we change this title to "I see 11-5 this year in a completely unrealistic look at this team as well as every other team we face on the schedule (except perhaps Indy), particularly the AFC East"?

Or is that too long?

Ouch.

My sympathies to the original author. Hindsight is 20/20 and your analysis at the time was as good as any.

Can we change this title to "I see 11-5 this year in a completely unrealistic look at this team as well as every other team we face on the schedule (except perhaps Indy), particularly the AFC East"?

Or is that too long?

BWAHAAHAHAHAHA

I think it would be more LOGICAL to think that the Patriots would improve on last year's record rather than regress.

I'll stand by my prediction of 13 wins by the Pats, and they could easily exceed my expectations if the Freak busts out big time with Brady throwing him the ball.

Care to eat some crow now PatriotsfaninPA?? :D

Ouch.

My sympathies to the original author. Hindsight is 20/20 and your analysis at the time was as good as any.

Well, as good as any except for the people who were contradicting him. :p And my prognosis seemed to be spot on, particularly my pointing out the Randy Moss factor.

Or is that too long?

I had almost completely forgotten about this thread. Thanks for reminding us. It gave me a good chuckle. :)

Last edited:
Nice post, but I really do they they have a chance at undefeated. Alot will have to go right though. I see them scoring 34 or more points in their first six games, including 48 @ Dallas. I'm even guessing that Miami will not have a victory by the time we play them in week 7.

This will be a high powered team. Maroney's inability to stay healthy could be an issue. Ditto Ben Watson, but this should be a great team.

:)

Check with me after the next 6 games so I can tell you what is going to happen in them.

To me, the thing about the original analysis that is off (and pages and pages of posters have great arguments why it was off) is that it appears that the OP assumed every other team either stays as good as they were last year or gets better. Except us, weirdly enough, despite a killer offseason and the best coach and QB in the league.

The OP states elsewhere we should wait until December to call this thread back up. No, I think we can do it now. Unless our entire team decides not to play any more, I don't really see us losing 5 out of our last 10 games.

I made my predictions back in May. If you skip to the earlier posts you can easily see the date the posts were made. Nice try though. You wouldn't be related to Patriotsfaninpa by any chance?

Nice post, but I really do they they have a chance at undefeated. Alot will have to go right though. I see them scoring 34 or more points in their first six games, including 48 @ Dallas. I'm even guessing that Miami will not have a victory by the time we play them in week 7.

This will be a high powered team. Maroney's inability to stay healthy could be an issue. Ditto Ben Watson, but this should be a great team.

:)

Check with me after the next 6 games so I can tell you what is going to happen in them.

To me, the thing about the original analysis that is off (and pages and pages of posters have great arguments why it was off) is that it appears that the OP assumed every other team either stays as good as they were last year or gets better.

Especially what was said regarding the Pat's division foes ;) :

I can see 12-4 but 11-5 looks more likely,The AFC looks tougher every year.

Ain't hindsight great!

Last edited:
eta: whoops, didn't see your edit....completely agree!

Last edited:
O.K. You can make fun of me now by digging this up - ha ha

I guess professional fortune tellers has nothing to worry about :p

BUT If NE was only as good as an 11-5 team this would have been buried and kept there eh? :)

Last edited:

Or is that too long?

Oh and as for bringing this thread back up?

GFY - (but in a respectable sort of way ;) )

Aw c'mon. :p Don't start a thread like this if you don't want to see it again! You yourself acknowledged somewhere in the thread that we should "file this" until December! You knew it could come back to haunt you...

I'm not a big fan of bringing these threads back up either (just call me "Mr. Patrick Pass and Reche Caldwell fan club").

However, as long as everybody understands, we ALL are wrong in our predictions at some point and we can laugh at ourselves in hindsight it's all fun.

What sours it sometimes are the folks who want to claim some sort of personal achievement for not being the person whose prediction came out wrong. (For the record, I'm in this thread twice on the opposite side of your argument, but I had no honest idea they would be this good either).

I'm not a big fan of bringing these threads back up either (just call me "Mr. Patrick Pass and Reche Caldwell fan club").

However, as long as everybody understands, we ALL are wrong in our predictions at some point and we can laugh at ourselves in hindsight it's all fun.

What sours it sometimes are the folks who want to claim some sort of personal achievement for not being the person whose prediction came out wrong. (For the record, I'm in this thread twice on the opposite side of your argument, but I had no honest idea they would be this good either).

There are so many prediction threads, it's hard to keep track....easy to forget. This one, however, stood out because it says we will be worse than last year despite the improvements the FO made.

It's all in good fun. PFinPA should feel very flattered that he's so unforgettable. :D

rats! i cant even comment about this thread! only people who commented about it then should be commenting here.

rats! i cant even comment about this thread! only people who commented about it then should be commenting here.

Who says that?

Since this will be referenced, barring a bunch on injuries I expect a 17-2 season.

Oh well it's beginning to look like I may have underestimated the Pats this year. :D :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes