PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I say, pony up for AV!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AV could get $3M elsewhere, especially with all the new money out there.

oldrover said:
I think AV could get $3M elsewhere, especially with all the new money out there.

Then that is $3M that will get some GM fired eventually. If someone wants to swallow that cyanide, I say let him.

On FSN, Curran suggested that Adam wants 3 years guarranteed. Do you pony up 10 mil?

I tend to agree...Yes, I'd like him back..but at what expense??? If it's close and not mega-bucks...I would think he might take a bit less...if it's more..he can ho for the green..and that is OK with me. I think BB/SP have looked at options...sure, they would like him back..but at XX money..and if he goes elsewhere..they have a Plan B and C already...I think they have thought this out long and hard.

I'd guarantee 3 yrs at $8.5 to 9, if it were up to me. Which it isn't.

3 years $7.5 million with 2 years guaranteed.

a 4th and 5th year option of 2.5 million for the Patriots

Take it or leave it...he's not Brady or Seymour.
he's a KICKER...just a kicker.
Lousy at kick-offs at that.

F.B.N. said:
3 years $7.5 million with 2 years guaranteed.

a 4th and 5th year option of 2.5 million for the Patriots

Take it or leave it...he's not Brady or Seymour.
he's a KICKER...just a kicker.
Lousy at kick-offs at that.

Put some bonus money in there and i think we would have a deal. Meanwhile, you can say he is "just" a kicker all you want, but consider how things will be without AV. If you look around the kickers that remain are terrible.

Longwell's signing set the price and the Pat's have already exceeded it but without any guarnateed Signing Bonus. The usual concern with SB is that a player will get injured and not be able to earn his guaranteed money. But a kicker?? Ssure I suppose he could slip on a banana peel and end up in a wheelchair but that's unlikely, so a SB is not particularly obnoxious for a kicker.

AV stays in NE...

fgssand said:
Put some bonus money in there and i think we would have a deal. Meanwhile, you can say he is "just" a kicker all you want, but consider how things will be without AV. If you look around the kickers that remain are terrible.

Much appreciation for the past...but setting the bar in this new market the next few years is more important....thus I say going forward.."Just a Kicker".

F.B.N. said:
Much appreciation for the past...but setting the bar in this new market the next few years is more important....thus I say going forward.."Just a Kicker".

So is Jose Cortez, but in spite of very high hopes from the 49ers for him, he blew 2 or 3 games for them back when they were still half decent. You tell me what position player has more pressure on him than a kicker at the end of a game, with the game on the line. Ask a couple of guys named Vanderjagt and Norwood about it.

If there's any position in the game where guaranteed money isn't a big problem it's probably kicker because the incidence of injuries is so much less than other positions. 2.5m per year guaranteed for 3 years is sounds fair. After all that's what they paid for him last year with the franchise tag and the cap this year is about 18% more than last. In a way, $3m is not such a bad deal either in terms of percentage to the cap. (2.5m x 1.18 = 2.95m)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye