PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I return in peace.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver usually brings about indegestion around here. Yes, we remember the "Mr President, you better get the National Guard, We're killing the Patriots".

I look back on that now as pretty funny.

But in all seriousness, I think that despite our shaky 2-0 record, Denver will be seeing a very determined Patriots team on Sunday. I have a good gut feeling that this is going to be a strong Patriots win.

Sometimes, we Patriot fans sense when our guys are going to win and I think that this is one of those weeks.

Our run defense is playing at a level that we have not witnessed around here in a couple of years. Which means that if you can't run the ball succesfully enough, you'll have to throw it, and that is where Denver is going to roll the dice.

I predict that Shanahan will come out throwing to send the message that he is willing to go to the air, but the meat and potatoes are going to have to be on the ground.

I am betting that the Bronco fans are not excited at all about coming to New England at all right now. But we know how that feels.

The Broncos seem to have shyed away from the bootleg which has always been their bread & butter. Is it because the OL just isn't what it used to be?

Answering some questions...

Things I noticed at the game:

Laurence Maroney is a serious threat...but I think in the long run, we'll be happier with Cutler than Maroney.

We MUST get pressure on Brady or we'll be in trouble...

I think we can take advantage of your corners.

I think our corners can stop your receivers.

And I HOPE we can run against you...

Sports fans in CO that don't know the players names are the exact same if not more in MA. They aren't real fans...they're bandwagon fans.

We all....especially in CO and MA, have bandwagon fans.....but we also know who the real fans are.

bakes781 said:
The Broncos seem to have shyed away from the bootleg which has always been their bread & butter. Is it because the OL just isn't what it used to be?

This might be because of our New O coordinator, and Heimerdinger.

They seem to be moving away from the bootleg (unfortunately,) and I think this is part of the reason why our offense is suffering.

Eventually, they'll get the message. The O-Line is the same consistant O-Line....it's the play callers that have changed.

It always takes teams some time to get used to new coaches, and thats the only excuse I have for our O so far. It will pick up though...that's guarenteed.

Don't Kid yourself Cowboy

tatum26 said:
This might be because of our New O coordinator, and Heimerdinger.

They seem to be moving away from the bootleg (unfortunately,) and I think this is part of the reason why our offense is suffering.

Eventually, they'll get the message. The O-Line is the same consistant O-Line....it's the play callers that have changed.

It always takes teams some time to get used to new coaches, and thats the only excuse I have for our O so far. It will pick up though...that's guarenteed.

Our front 7 is playing lights out against the run. That leaves only the pass and oh...that's not quite up to snuff lately is it? Your D gave up a buck 26 to KC when they knew the run was coming every time. Our run game is an elite one; as good or better than KC's. And our QB is someone named...oh I'll bet you remember. From the Donk's perspective, the outcome of this game is squarely on the shoulders of Jake. Kinda changes your perspective don't it?

PS

Is it or is it not OK for Rodney to lay a head shot on Rod 3-concussions-this-year Smith?

I've been getting crap from Pat's haters at another board for stating that the Pats were still the better team last year despite losing to Denver twice. A win will be very bittersweet. I can finally gloat, but I doubt even that will stop those losers from revisiting the past.

bakes781 said:
I've been getting crap from Pat's haters at another board for stating that the Pats were still the better team last year despite losing to Denver twice. A win will be very bittersweet. I can finally gloat, but I doubt even that will stop those losers from revisiting the past.
Indy players were rather fond of pointing out that they were the better team after their playoff losses. The best "team" won in Denver, we live with it and hope a win in Gillette is another step toward another post-season. :cool:

Classy fans are always welcomed around here, glad to have you around. I haven't seen how the Broncos play lately but so far this season I've seen the Patriots played once, and I think we're more than enough to shut down the run and force the game into Jake's hands, which is more than fine with me. I think we will have a fine game on our hand.

P.S. Second week in a row I get to see the Pats play here in the South. So this is what it feels like to be loved:)

The Colts beat the Patriots fair and square in the playoffs. There were some questionable calls, but I think the best team that day won the game. The Patriots just couldn't run the ball enough to keep the pressure off of Brady, and because of all that pressure, the Pats made mistakes. I think they were forced errors, though, not just sloppy play. The Pats could've played better, sure, but it is what it is ... and the Pats lost.

That said, I think they're better this year than last, and I think they'll win this weekend. Denver has some legitimate issues, and I don't think they match up well with the Patriots right now. They need to run the ball to win, and the Pats can stop the run. I don't see Plummer taking advantage of our corners at all. I think they'll have trouble scoring against the Patriots.

PlattsFan said:
The Colts beat the Patriots fair and square in the playoffs.

:eek: I know this was a typo, but we know that is infact false. :rocker:

I hope we end Lynch's career.

This will be a very violent game-revenge time.

It's not funny.

Here's the other thing...I know a lot of you expect this game to lie completely in the hands of Plummer, but I think our D will also have a huge impact.

I know, I know, it's the Rams and the Chiefs....but you guys have played the Jets and the Bills....neither of us have played real playoff teams yet, and this WILL be the first legit test for both of us.

Our D has yet to allow a TD (Huard for the Chiefs, I know, but still...,) and I know we're not going to just hand you points.

Like I said, think about the teams both of us have played and be realistic, this is a big test for both of us.

Like I said said:
Here's some realism for you. Don't expect a friendly contest. You and the zebras stole something that belongs to us. We are quite pissed about it. I don't expect us to score more than 17 points. I expect your O to score about 3 points. If your D can score more than 14 points, you are welcome to the game. Otherwise, think of this as the beginning of the end. Given the Donks schedule, you will be definately be picking lower than the Skins this year. My only fear is that we do a Mo Lewis and knock the Snake out giving Rat Face the excuse he needs to do what he lacks the balls to do; play his best quarterback.

Last edited:
patpatriot said:
Here's some realism for you. Don't expect a friendly contest. You and the zebras stole something that belongs to us. We are quite pissed about it. I don't expect us to score more than 17 points. I expect your O to score about 3 points. If your D can score more than 14 points, you are welcome to the game. Otherwise, think of this as the beginning of the end. Given the Donks schedule, you will be definately be picking lower than the Skins this year. My only fear is that we do a Mo Lewis and knock the Snake out giving Rat Face the excuse he needs to do what he lacks the balls to do; play his best quarterback.

Wow! Tell him what your really think. I feel that way on a bad day too,but I can't deny that Denver has our number way more times than not. I know it comes down to who play's the best{except last January} but for some reason we have had a lot of let down's. vs them.

To be honest,besides our running game, I haven't seen anything from this Pat's team to show me they are the clear favorite. Granted it's early but two games of stopping the run against the likes of Jet's and Bill's isn't anything to write home about. And no, I'm not going to give the Jet's Wr's props for their two insignificant flukey Td's they scored either. I'm not hating on the Pat's I just want to see more from this team is all. This game may be the convincer.And we will know alot more after Cincinatti.

tatum26 said:
I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys have about our team.....

I know it's early, but based on offseason moves, training camp, and the young season, how do the 2006 Broncs seem to compare to the 2005 version in terms of

a) the D-line?
b) the LB corps?
c) the secondary?

I don't see why Denver continually presents such a difficult matchup for the Pats. And as an independent observer, it seems almost impossible for the Patriots to lose 3 in a row to the Donkeys.

I have a feeling the Broncos get destroyed on national TV.

qbert said:
I don't see why Denver continually presents such a difficult matchup for the Pats. And as an independent observer, it seems almost impossible for the Patriots to lose 3 in a row to the Donkeys.

I have a feeling the Broncos get destroyed on national TV.
Shanahan, he does quite well against Belichick in the game plan chess match.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Shanahan, he does quite well against Belichick in the game plan chess match.

Doesn't add up given that he completely sh*t the bed when gameplanning against Cowher, the week immediately following the last NE game.

There must be some positional/formation matchup on the field that continually favors the Broncos, and I just don't see it.

qbert said:
Doesn't add up given that he completely sh*t the bed when gameplanning against Cowher, the week immediately following the last NE game.

There must be some positional/formation matchup on the field that continually favors the Broncos, and I just don't see it.
Heh, football equations can be strange. Besides, gameplanning against Cowher isn't a lot of rocket science, he likes to line up and beat you the same old way. BB and Shanahan both like to play chess to Cowher's tic-tac-toe, guess that works in Cowher's favor with Shanny.

shakadave said:
I know it's early, but based on offseason moves, training camp, and the young season, how do the 2006 Broncs seem to compare to the 2005 version in terms of

a) the D-line?
b) the LB corps?
c) the secondary?

A) The D-Line is about the same last year...people way overemphesized the impact Pryce had...he really did very little last year.

B) The LBs are also very similar...still one of the best...Al Wilson doesn't get all the stats, but he's an outstanding leader and smart player, DJ Williams has improved, and Ian Gold is quick and reliable.

C) The secondary is the best part of our Defense. Champ and the 2 2nd year players have all been very impressive.

Overall, they haven't allowed a TD yet, and held the rams to FGs in a couple 1st and goal situations, and I think four times total in the red zone....they're what has us at 1-1 instead of 0-2.

Once our offense picks it up.....

Anything else guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick