PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I like the "Mike & Mike" show and I'm going to miss it. There, I said it.

Fixit

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
rock_bring_it.gif

I watch parts of it most mornings and I agree with you. There are some guests I don't like and when they piss me off, I change the station. Unfortunately, the other "sports" options on TV for me at that time are the Boomer show on WFAN and Toucher and Rich on 98.5. One is obviously NY-centric and the other is arguably more about pop culture than sports. Frankly, while I hate ESPN in general, I find Mike and Mike are usually fairer and more complimentary to our local teams than the other two.

Mike's a die-hard Jets fan but he's humble. Mike on the other hand is a Patriots and Brady hater that always brings up cheating whenever they are discussing them and then tries to distance himself from it by saying he doesn't believe it's fair to question their accomplishments because of it......yet he always, always brings it up. So I like Mike, but I hate Mike. Still the show is better than some of the other morning shows that focus most of the show on juvinile style comedy. That's unwatchable sometimes when you're there to get sports talk.

Not a great show, but not a terrible show either. Good in small doses. I find myself going back and forth between that show and others because they tend to annoy me a lot. Not sure which Mike is worse though.

It's on BSPN, so for me it as much of interest as Soviet State Radio. I'm glad I have satellite radio in the car and have figured out how to listen to radio stations I enjoy through my phone. I know it's not for everyone but I hate to see a good Pats fan patronize the ship of fools in Bristol, CT.

Mike's a die-hard Jets fan but he's humble. Mike on the other hand is a Patriots and Brady hater that always brings up cheating whenever they are discussing them and then tries to distance himself from it by saying he doesn't believe it's fair to question their accomplishments because of it......yet he always, always brings it up. So I like Mike, but I hate Mike. Still the show is better than some of the other morning shows that focus most of the show on juvinile style comedy. That's unwatchable sometimes when you're there to get sports talk.
Agree with most of what you wrote, except for Golic constantly referencing cheating. I'm not saying he's never mentioned it, but I can't recall the last time he's said anything remotely close to that. Actually, both of them are on record as saying Deflategate was ridiculous. I don't think either of them love the Patriots, but I think there's respect there.

You said it but like many things in life (like this response), you didn’t have to. (drops mike....)

Agree with most of what you wrote, except for Golic constantly referencing cheating. I'm not saying he's never mentioned it, but I can't recall the last time he's said anything remotely close to that. Actually, both of them are on record as saying Deflategate was ridiculous. I don't think either of them love the Patriots, but I think there's respect there.
Yea I never really got a huge hater vibe from Golic.. but I haven't really watched in a few years so maybe he changed... Greeny is a jets fan and thus wants NE to lose obviously, but I always got the sense he is extremely envious of the Pats and respects them a great deal.. never really heard him say a bad thing about Brady, but again haven't watched in a while.

I used to listen to the NYFL, BSPN, M&M, PTI and a whole host of other shows until about two years ago. Now I avoid them like The Plague and I don't miss them at all.

If something is bad enough that I'll turn it off, then I'll find better things to take it's place. That's what happened when I dumped MLB 20 years ago.

Maybe I exaggerated the "always" but pay attention whenever they are discussing the Pats and/ or Brady's legacy. Greenberg will be all GOAT and Golic feels compelled to bring up that people will bring up cheating. Maybe they will, but on their show its Golic that throws it in. He's done it enough to make me believe that it's on purpose....kind of a passive aggressive thing....edit-i specifically remember the Mike and Mike show the morning after Superbowl 51. Brian Billick just finished a several minute speech on Brady being the GOAT. He bid farewell and and Greenberg, Golic and Herm Edwards remained and that's when Golic brought up that he "knows" what everyone was thinking.... that people will say he cheated. He then brought up spygate and deflategate and said "people" will say that gave him an advantage but that he didn't buy it.

Last edited:
It's on BSPN, so for me it as much of interest as Soviet State Radio. I'm glad I have satellite radio in the car and have figured out how to listen to radio stations I enjoy through my phone. I know it's not for everyone but I hate to see a good Pats fan patronize the ship of fools in Bristol, CT.
Yeah, I also have SIRIUS/XM in my vehicles and on my phone and I confess to being addicted to the variety of music available. I like the NFL radio, but I get impatient with the talk devoted to other teams, but I understand their need to cover the entire league.

Turned on my TV this am and it was tuned to ESPN2 already so Mike and Mike were on. They were showing the enormously tall wedding cake from a WNBA lesbian wedding (is there any other kind of wedding in the WNBA?), turned it off. Just another prime example of BSPN's left wing lunacy.

Never listen to them. When I'm driving into work in the morning, it's either NFL Radio, Howard Stern (listen to this most mornings except Mondays), or music. Greenberg always seemed like a Boston sports hater, though.

Mike and Mike is like...Box Macaroni and Cheese, and a glass of skim milk.

If you're hungry, you'll eat it, and it's not going to do anything to make you sick - but it's certainly not something you'll seek out if you have another option.

Mike and Mike is like...Box Macaroni and Cheese, and a glass of skim milk.

If you're hungry, you'll eat it, and it's not going to do anything to make you sick - but it's certainly not something you'll seek out if you have another option.

I like that, going to have to remember that one.

Last edited:
Eh, hater this and hater that.

Everyone is a hater if you really want them to be.

awwwww...the Green Goony got canned? Greenberg always reminds me of a ******ed duck....he should change his name to Quackenbush

awwwww...the Green Goony got canned? Greenberg always reminds me of a ******ed duck....he should change his name to Quackenbush
Actually, it' s more of a promotion, which only goes to show that regardless of the workplace, the level of reward often contradicts the level of performance...

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back