PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know our O-line is amazing but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waters has been absolutely AMAZING this year.....KC must be kicking themselves for letting the guy go.......Connolly doing awesome job filling in at center (koppen may be out of a job) Mankins playing well overall.....Light is his usual inconsistent self;good with run blocking....a liability often in pass rush allowing Brady to get rushed or pancaked several times a game!!.....and the New kid Solder has been doing well overall after getting thrown right in there...although hope Vollmer is healing fast!
Brian Waters is a beast.

On that last drive, when we were marching downfield.... If it weren't for his smarts and knowledge, Brady could have been sacked, fumble with a recovery given the amount of Cowboys in the pocket.

Watch the third play displayed here in this video of the last drive. The play where the corner fakes the blitz out of the coverage. They try to trick Brian Waters into taking the phony blitz but he recognizes the backside blitz and takes the guy out allowing Brady to step up and make the throw to Woodhead.

I know I might be over reacting but I think this play was key to getting downfield. If that guy hits Brady, that could've spelled disaster.

Video: NFL Videos: Drive of the Week: Brady at his best

Two Lessons I've Had ReInforced By This Thread:

1 ~ If you have the time, ignore the title and and take a peek, if the Thread has 20 posts or more: There's no telling WHAT OT Tangent it may have gone off on, and it actually might be pretty interesting!!

2 ~ PatsFans does it right: BECAUSE they are so "Hands Off" in their approach, there is an OCEAN of Gravel to mine, in order to get the Gold, here...But...BECAUSE they are so "Hands Off" in their approach, and allow OT Tangents like this one to ROLL ~ Let The Players Play!! ~ side conversations like the one in this and countless other threads get a chance to develop.

BTW: Waters ROCKS.

I was very happy to get him, but he has DWARFED my expectations!! :rocker:

BTW: Waters ROCKS.

I was very happy to get him, but he has DWARFED my expectations!! :rocker:

Same here. I honestly think we could have the top unit in the NFL if Cannon turns out to be the Guard we think he can.

Light Mankins Connoly Waters Vollmer

With our top backups being Solder and Cannon. That is a very talented unit, just need to put it out on the park and stay healthy.

Waters has surpassed the wildest expectations anyone could have had given the uncertainty surround Right Guard given Neal's retirement. His level of play is almost becoming irreplaceable.

Waters has by far been the best acquisition the Patriots have made in 2011. I say that knowing Haynesworth looks ready to start putting the hurt on too.

I think Waters might be out best OLman at this point. He clearly handles stunts better then anyone else on the line. I was definitely high on him when we picked him up, and he has by far exceeded my expectations.

BTW...... so has Connelly. I think Kopp might be on outside looking in. Connelly has done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes