PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hope we kick Tomlins @55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Blue&Red

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Last edited:
Whew, glad to know Roethlisburger isn't playing, cause I thought he might, even though he just had surgery on his knee. Thanks for not keeping us guessing Tomlin.

We're a transparent group. We don't hide

That's just dumb move by Tomlin. Why wouldn't he wait until as long as possible before ruling Ben The Raper out? Making the Patriots prepare for 2 quarterbacks would've been the smart move. Take any advantage that you can to get a step up on your opponent.

Does Tomlin think he's macho by making this move?

I'm glad he's not coaching my team

That's just dumb move by Tomlin. Why wouldn't he wait until as long as possible before ruling Ben The Raper out? Making the Patriots prepare for 2 quarterbacks would've been the smart move. Take any advantage that you can to get a step up on your opponent.

Does Tomlin think he's macho by making this move?

I'm glad he's not coaching my team
Because he's a big, bade dude. :rolleyes:....

...And, he'll just cry to the league, if things don't go his way. That's how it's done now. (Ravens, Colts, Jest.....)

And it looks like the Steelers are back to being their regular selves again.......

bus%20fire.jpg

If I were Bill I'd say "The Steelers are a real challenge, and we can't get tripped up here, they are a great team but, we can't let them get in a way of our goal this season and impede our path to getting to the Super Bowl."

If I were Bill I'd say "The Steelers are a real challenge, and we can't get tripped up here, they are a great team but, we can't let them get in a way of our goal this season and impede our path to getting to the Super Bowl."
Ala Welker? :cool:

Whew, glad to know Roethlisburger isn't playing, cause I thought he might, even though he just had surgery on his knee. Thanks for not keeping us guessing Tomlin.
... even with a back up QB, I hope we embarrass his arrogant @55. His condescending attitude towards BB is getting old. His suggesting the Pats sabotage his head sets, etc. Yea "We have transparency" . We trip guys right out in the open. I really have come to despise this prick. I hope we hang a 50 burger this douche Mike Tomlin on why Steelers ruled Ben Roethlisberger out so early: ‘We’re a transparent group. We don’t hide’

I firmly believe that Tomlin ruled him out "so early" (what was it, 24 hrs ahead of Wednesday's injury report?) because his idiot backup QB Landry Jones was stirring the pot with the idea that Roethlisberger would play. To take it one step further, some of our own posters here have given their own personal timelines of what they experienced with the procedure, and none of them included the possibility of playing a professional football game only days later. :)

Hell, I was physically sick (puking, gray, sweating, etc) just from the anesthesia alone during my past surgery, and that lasted for about 24-36 full hours after the procedure. There was no way that Roethlisberger was doing anything this week, and possibly even next during the bye. If there was actual hope that Tomlin could reasonably try and "outfox" Bill Belichick, you bet your sweet ass that he'd have taken advantage of it like any other coach.

Last edited:

I don't think that anyone with half a brain would've fallen for the old "he's questionable" line after having a surgery that requires at least several weeks of healing, but that's just my take on it. In the end, Tomlin would have ended up looking even sillier than he already normally does.

I also think that he was attempting to prepare the team (and most of all, Landry Jones) for the idea that they were going to have to get to stepping on their weekly preparation, which obviously included the idea that they'd have to do it without their starting QB.

I don't think that anyone with half a brain would've fallen for the old "he's questionable" line after having a surgery that requires at least several weeks of healing, but that's just my take on it. In the end, Tomlin would have ended up looking even sillier than he already normally does.

I also think that he was attempting to prepare the team (and most of all, Landry Jones) for the idea that they were going to have to get to stepping on their weekly preparation, which obviously included the idea that they'd have to do it without their starting QB.
Imagine if Bill said he had inside sources that Jones was starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes