PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Have Exactly Zero Priorities For The Draft Other Than Quarterback

BB hasn’t taken a first round QB. Anything can happen, but I don’t think it’s going to change this year.
He also didn't really need to do it is my guess here..

His name is Van Noy, shouldn't be difficult to remember.
The other guy who played for Miami, run stuffer....we have plenty of olbs, we need a guy who can cover and or play mlb

Those DTs are just guys, they need a difference maker...same with MLB which they have 2...Bentley, hightower...and then the new guy what's his name...so 3...but they can use an upgrade.
The DTs fit the mold of what they want. They need run stuffers, 2 gap guys who can take on double teams. It makes not a “difference maker” position in this scheme at this time in the evolution of what offenses do.

Bentley and McMillan are going to be part time players at best. HT and KVN are the LBs and anyone else us only playing as depth or when one of them plays on the edge.
it’s a reserve role. Day 3 if they draft one.

I agree, but I’ve never seen BB as a “need kinda guy” when it comes to the draft.
I agree, but I think this time qb will have such a huge value for him cause i can't imagine BB wants to go with newton and Stidham into the season like last year. He added nice pieces to the offense. It's of course a question if he wants to pay the price for a trade up or even value the jede qb's as potential QBOTF. He might can select one next year and one later this year and build holes left with this draft. I am excited can't wait

I agree, but I think this time qb will have such a huge value for him cause i can't imagine BB wants to go with newton and Stidham into the season like last year. He added nice pieces to the offense. It's of course a question if he wants to pay the price for a trade up or even value the jede qb's as potential QBOTF. He might can select one next year and one later this year and build holes left with this draft. I am excited can't wait
I can’t imagine Cam is on the roster. I felt like it was “goodbye”. It’s like BB dropped him off at Logan & the loud speaker announced Cam’s flight is delayed after they hugged and kissed.

I can’t imagine Cam is on the roster. I felt like it was “goodbye”. It’s like BB dropped him off at Logan & the loud speaker announced Cam’s flight is delayed after they hugged and kissed.
Interesting. I never thought about the Option cam not making the roster. I can't See him going in with Stidham and a rookie esp a late rd.. so you think we are going for another vet qb ?

Miguel has us at 13.2M and change while not accounting for Adams and Mashewan. Miguel also says it would take 3.2M to sign our entire draft class if we were to use all picks. So, it is safe to say that we have at least 7M left to play with....with about 5M going to a Gilmore raise....and the rest for emergency players or to be rolled over to 2022.

So, we likely will pick up a few guys in the draft...and I am also OK with all picks coming in rounds 4-7/UDFA's.

We should be able to package our 2021 1/2/3 and hopefully only our 2022 1st to move up for a QB. I am with you @mgteich !

Miguel has us at 13.2M and change while not accounting for Adams and Mashewan. Miguel also says it would take 3.2M to sign our entire draft class if we were to use all picks. So, it is safe to say that we have at least 7M left to play with....with about 5M going to a Gilmore raise....and the rest for emergency players or to be rolled over to 2022.

So, we likely will pick up a few guys in the draft...and I am also OK with all picks coming in rounds 4-7/UDFA's.

We should be able to package our 2021 1/2/3 and hopefully only our 2022 1st to move up for a QB. I am with you @mgteich !
If Kiper is right and the top four QBS go 1 - 4, I doubt we are going from 15 to 3 or 4. 1 & 2 are not going to trade, doubt 4 will trade so we would be bidding for Miami's spot at 3. I doubt Miami trades to give the Pats a future QB.

Interesting. I never thought about the Option cam not making the roster. I can't See him going in with Stidham and a rookie esp a late rd.. so you think we are going for another vet qb ?
No. I think it’s going to be Cam. I just “can’t believe he’s still going to be here !”

No. I think it’s going to be Cam. I just “can’t believe he’s still going to be here !”

I can not believe newton gave up a shot at free agency for anything less than some type promise from bb.

I can not believe newton gave up a shot at free agency for anything less than some type promise from bb.
Belichick announced through the media the day he signed newton that he was still pursuing starting QBs.

Cam didn’t have a great year even by his own admission. You don’t get promises from anyone playing like he did. This wasn’t going to be his year to cash in on a longer deal. He needed another one year, prove it. He could either sign on with another team as a lame duck QB and learn a third different system in three years, or he could stay in New England, get a pay raise from last year, trust in Belichick to make improvements to the roster, and try again to rehabilitate his value. Even without a promise of being starter, this was always his best destination this offseason. Now it’s up to him to try to keep it from whoever else Belichick brings in as competition.

Cam didn’t have a great year even by his own admission. You don’t get promises from anyone playing like he did. This wasn’t going to be his year to cash in on a longer deal. He needed another one year, prove it. He could either sign on with another team as a lame duck QB and learn a third different system in three years, or he could stay in New England, get a pay raise from last year, trust in Belichick to make improvements to the roster, and try again to rehabilitate his value. Even without a promise of being starter, this was always his best destination this offseason. Now it’s up to him to try to keep it from whoever else Belichick brings in as competition.

maybe the promise newton received was that bb would not bring in any competition. Just a rookie from the draft.

Unless BB is eyeing a different QB in free agency in the next year or two, this has to be the year to (trade up and) draft one. I fully expect we will only be picking later next year.

maybe the promise newton received was that bb would not bring in any competition. Just a rookie from the draft.
Still doesn’t strike me as something BB would do. He’s not going to cater to Cam’s ego if there’s an opportunity to bring in a quality veteran as competition. The team comes first.

It doesn't seem like a QB will be available unless Bill trades up very early. Assuming all QB's are gone, get the game changing LB like Micah Parsons or edge player who could make QB's throw pop fly's to the DB's. Nick Bosa's presence took the 49ers D to another level in 2019 which was awesome to watch. Jevon Kearse is another guy who's presence took the Titans D to them to an elite level in 1999.

Still doesn’t strike me as something BB would do. He’s not going to cater to Cam’s ego if there’s an opportunity to bring in a quality veteran as competition. The team comes first.

If team comes first, by default that means that bb thinks newton gives us the best chance to win as he has not done anything at the qb position except resign newton.

That is truly a scary thought.

If Kiper is right and the top four QBS go 1 - 4, I doubt we are going from 15 to 3 or 4. 1 & 2 are not going to trade, doubt 4 will trade so we would be bidding for Miami's spot at 3. I doubt Miami trades to give the Pats a future QB.
Draftek has had the trade for 4 up for a week. We give up our 1st three picks plus our 2022 #1.

Why wouldn’t the Falcons want to give up #4 for #15, #46, #96, and a 2022 1st (in the #22-#32 range)? They are strapped by the cap.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back