PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hate Jerome Boger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were critical last few minute calls that should not have been called, period. You call those then you are calling penalties on virtually every play.

With that said, the D played very poorly today, the O line not much further ahead than that. Just an uptick in the level of play and the poor ref calls don't affect this game.

He sucks but we lost because our defense is currently a joke.
I thought that was obvious. Obviously our defense put itself within the situation.

This is essentially me venting out my frustration I've had over Boger and the ****ty job he does reffing games. This is nothing out of thin air with him.

I thought that was obvious. Obviously our defense put itself within the situation.

This is essentially me venting out my frustration I've had over Boger and the ****ty job he does reffing games. This is nothing out of thin air with him.
Every time he officiates, I wonder how things will turn out. When I saw it was his crew, I was uneasy. Yes, our defense was bad, but key penalties being called to sustain Carolina's drives certainly didn't help either.

I mentioned this in another thread when Boger was announced as the ref that his crew is always flag happy. I don't want to see him again refereeing one of our games this season, but the defense lost the game for us.

The defensive holding on a run play was bizarre but probably wouldn't have made a difference. Gilmore actually hit the guy in the face. You can quibble over whether it should have been called since it was away from the play and in such a critical spot, but he did commit a penalty.

The calls sucked but the defense simply isn't playing good enough. It's a long season and I maintain hope they will get it together and be in the mix in January.

Goodell must have arranged for Buger to be in NE this week. That phantom call on Gilmore changed the outcome of the game. Tim Donaghy wouldn't have been so bold to made that call.

The fix is in!

I know many won't agree but I'm actually one of those people that believe that games should be called differently in the fourth quarter as opposed to the fourth. After all, there's more of a 'let the players play' mentality as opposed to letting the refs decide games.

I'm still fuming over that Gillmore call. I hate seeing a ticky tack call like that essentially decide the game. I think we all realize that changed the outcome of the game. Of course the Pats defense put them in that situation to begin with so the loss is on them.

*If I'm being completely honest I do think the refs missed a few (not just one) false starts on the Pats that didn't get called.

The worst thing about these sort of threads is hearing fans say stuff like "yeah, that phantom call kept Tom Brady from getting the ball back with over 2 minutes left in a tie game, but we didn't lose because of the officiating" sh*t.:mad:

Oh ****ing piss off.

Twice Pats got big 3rd down stops out came the flag for hands to the face. Then when Panthers needed every little yard they call hold on Chung on ****ing running play to push them 5 yards closer.

Defense sucked but the times they did make a play to get off the field out came the flag.

So no moron the Pats don't lose with any other officiating crew. Because it would have been 10 points off the board

Now go crawl back under whatever bridge you came out of.

The Chung holding penalty at the end was utterly inexplicable. McCaffrey came at him to block and Chung grabbed him and pushed him down. That happens on EVERY SINGLE running play in NFL history. Defenders use their hands to grab and try to throw the blockers out of the way. That's all he did. I want someone to explain to me how THAT is holding. I've literally never, ever seen that call made before in my life.

The Pats' D was bad today. The refs were similarly awful. It's possible to hold those two things at the same time.

I want someone to explain to me how THAT is holding. I've literally never, ever seen that call made before in my life.

Its a lot like the "pushing" penalty a few years ago that cost us a game. It had never been called and will never be called again.

When do you think we will see the next defensive holding penalty on a running play lol

fuking joke

I know many won't agree but I'm actually one of those people that believe that games should be called differently in the fourth quarter as opposed to the fourth. After all, there's more of a 'let the players play' mentality as opposed to letting the refs decide games.

I'm still fuming over that Gillmore call. I hate seeing a ticky tack call like that essentially decide the game. I think we all realize that changed the outcome of the game. Of course the Pats defense put them in that situation to begin with so the loss is on them.

*If I'm being completely honest I do think the refs missed a few (not just one) false starts on the Pats that didn't get called.
I agree with everything you said here. The only thing about the Gilmore call though is that like -- like all penalties -- it was called in real time. It's not hard to envision how in realtime it probably looked a lot worse than it was really was. It did look "ticky tacky", but ticky tacky with the benefit of seeing multiple slow motion replays of it...

I would be more upset about it if Gilmore wasn't called for it earlier in the game. He should've known better and been more conscious about it. Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me.

The defensive holding on a run play was bizarre but probably wouldn't have made a difference. Gilmore actually hit the guy in the face. You can quibble over whether it should have been called since it was away from the play and in such a critical spot, but he did commit a penalty.

The first one on Gilmore absolutely was a ticky-tack thing that shouldn't have been called. However, once the refs have established they'll be calling ticky-tack stuff like that, WHAT THE HELL WAS GILMORE DOING PUTTING HIS HANDS UP IN THE RECEIVER'S FACE AGAIN? Especially in a high-leverage situation like that. You don't give the ref the opportunity to screw you.

He was paid off to throw this game and he did a great job of it. He needs to fired. The piece of **** is from Atlanta, by the way.
He didn't need to be paid off. He's legitimately the worst ref in the NFL by several orders of magnitude.

He sucks but we lost because our defense is currently a joke.

Those were critical last few minute calls that should not have been called, period. You call those then you are calling penalties on virtually every play.

With that said, the D played very poorly today, the O line not much further ahead than that. Just an uptick in the level of play and the poor ref calls don't affect this game.
Is it fair to say that bad play enables bad officiating? Hand + glove.

The first one on Gilmore absolutely was a ticky-tack thing that shouldn't have been called. However, once the refs have established they'll be calling ticky-tack stuff like that, WHAT THE HELL WAS GILMORE DOING PUTTING HIS HANDS UP IN THE RECEIVER'S FACE AGAIN? Especially in a high-leverage situation like that. You don't give the ref the opportunity to screw you.

I wouldnt be surprised if this is something that Gilmore does regularly, Carolina noticed it on tape and then let the ref crew know to look for it. Usually refs are good about warning a player that he is getting close to a flag with smaller stuff like that before they actually throw the flag. Either way he needs to clean it up because it is not only hurting the team but is also pointless and doesnt even give him any advantage.

The one penalty on Carolina was so obvious it could not be missed, great job Gronk..

Of the 7 penalties on the Pats 4 were non-calls and may have cost them this game..

The one penalty on Carolina was so obvious it could not be missed, great job Gronk..

Of the 7 penalties on the Pats 4 were non-calls and may have cost them this game..

The penalty on Carolina was a joke. Gronk wasn't interfered with and the ball wasn't close to catchable. That said, it worked as a make-up call though since it basically put the ball in the same spot as the previous play with the terrible OPI call.

Question about the officiating crew

We had 12 hours of field hockey and a soccer game in my family yesterday; i watched bits and pieces on my cell phone

every time i tuned in it seemed like a NE drive was getting killed or a Panther drive was getting extended with some really bad calls

while i will agree it seemed like the D did not play well, there seemed to be a few key drive extenders that could have been stops, too

were the calls as bad as they looked on the phone?

specifically recall the OPI on amendola, the OPI on Gronk, the couple of hands to the face on gilmore (especially the 2nd one), and the defensive holding on Chung (how the hell do you get called for holding when chucking a one on one run block......the ONLY time i've seen defensive holding on a run is when a player holds a defender to KEEP him from making a block on another defender)

was this crew as bad as it looked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference