PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I gotta be me - Rob Gonkowski

I love Gronk but personality wise he never really fit into what Belichick wanted as a player. I think Gronk's ideal coach would have the personality of a Rex Ryan. I am sure part of him was never happy being here where players were never supposed to draw attention to themselves and everything was business like all the time.

If he is happy in Tampa, good for him. The Pats desperately need an upgrade at TE, but I am not sure Gronk would he the answer.

I suppose when the WWE career, movie offers and CBD company went belly up playing in the NFL don't look so bad.

Last edited:
I never liked Matt Light, but when I read about him and Gronk partying after the 2nd Giants SuperBowl loss that really rubbed me the wrong way. I never really cared for him after that. It was nice having the best TE in football when he could actually stay on the field, but I can't say I am a fan of Gronk the person.

Gronk and Belichick's relationship was ruined when he tried to trade Gronk. I don't fault Gronk for not liking Belichick.

Gronk and Belichick's relationship was ruined when he tried to trade Gronk. I don't fault Gronk for not liking Belichick.
Gronk isn't alone. After watching Brady do GOAT things in another uniform after a season full of Cant Newton, I'm not so fond of Bill either.

Bill threw away SB 52 and then went to try to trade Gronk. I have the feeling he did that because Gronk asked some explanation to Bill and Bill didn’t like that.

I can tell you one thing, if Brady would still be on the Patriots, Gronk wouldn’t have come back.

Who why are we talking about backup Buccaneer tight ends on this forum.
He’s not the main receiver Brate is.
Because its about to get better when Gonk has his own platform during Super Bowl media week and he can say whatever he wants.

Because its about to get better when Gonk has his own platform during Super Bowl media week and he can say whatever he wants.
I don't understand how any Pats fan wouldn't enjoy hearing the uncut version of Gronk.

“They’re both great coaches for sure,” he said. “I love getting coached up, but one of the biggest things that I would just say is the freedom. The freedom of just being yourself with the coaches.”

Makes sense - don't see anything that isn't obvious. It's no giant secret that Gronk and BB have different personalities. I'm not even sure it's on par with the Belichick comment on Kittle being "as good as anybody that I’ve coached or as good as anybody that we’ve played against.”

That being said, there's a big difference in dynamics being coached by BB all the way from being a neophyte (a parent who says "No Gronk, you can't do that... not that either... please don't dent the... oh Gronk") versus with Arians as a "seasoned" (and baked) veteran.

I don't know if Tampa will want him back. Gronk is nothing special anymore.

He is going to have to take a major paycut if he is going to stay. Tampa isnt going to pay $9million for a blocker when they have guys like Godwin up to pay.

Gronk at this point in his career is still an above average-good tight end. but hes not what he once was. I mean in the passing game last night he was getting handled one-on-one pretty easily.

I don't know if Tampa will want him back. Gronk is nothing special anymore.
You’re a troll. He has been great this year for Tampa. The last two playoff games he ran like 3 routes. They keep him in to block in the run game and protect in the passing game. The guy still the best blocking TE in football. He man handled chase young one on one last week.

Will be interesting to see if Tampa wants Gronk back next year and at what price. Has been is usual self as a great blocker but is extremely limited as a pass catcher.

Will be interesting to see if Tampa wants Gronk back next year and at what price. Has been is usual self as a great blocker but is extremely limited as a pass catcher.
They don’t need him to be. Gronk is a huge part of their protection plan.

You’re a troll. He has been great this year for Tampa. The last two playoff games he ran like 3 routes. They keep him in to block in the run game and protect in the passing game. The guy still the best blocking TE in football. He man handled chase young one on one last week.

To be fair to the poster, I dont think thats what Tampa is paying $9million for. Any reasonable mind would say if Tampa wants him back they are going to ask that he take a paycut which he very well may because he has made alot of money and can end his career with brady.

But, they arent going to not pay some of their big name free agents so they can keep Gronk in to block.

To be fair to the poster, I dont think thats what Tampa is paying $9million for. Any reasonable mind would say if Tampa wants him back they are going to ask that he take a paycut which he very well may because he has made alot of money and can end his career with brady.

But, they arent going to not pay some of their big name free agents so they can keep Gronk in to block.
I don’t necessarily disagree that he is not worth 9M but saying the best blocking TE in football who can catch for 600+ yards a season is not nothing special in my opinion.

Bruce Arians did not sign Gronk to catch for a 1000 yards. He signed him for his blocking and to be a RZ target. Which he was. I can safely say that Gronk exceeded the expectations that Arians had. I think even Arians said it.

Now, I don’t think it’s about the money for Gronk. He wants to play with Tom and said he was coming back next year. They need money to sign some of their FA. I think, he will sign a 1y 5M deal. And for the matter, I think Godwin will resign for under the market value to stay in Tampa.

I don't understand how any Pats fan wouldn't enjoy hearing the uncut version of Gronk.
Gonk found liberty in Tampa and liberty is freedom of speech.

He can say whatever he wants, but it will never change the fact that Brady and Belichick made him famous. Belichick took a chance on Gonk with his sore back and Belichick approved the 2 TE offense that a lot of teams use today. Belichick let his offensive coordinators make Gonk a focal point in the passing offense.

BB never prevented Gonk from doing his stupid spikes in the end zone. Let the big dummy talk about how bad it was playing 9 seasons in NE on a team that went to the playoffs 9 times. Gonk has never been on a non playoff team during his 10 years in the NFL.

**** Butkus, Gale Sayers and Archie Manning never made the playoffs.

First of all, anyone who has been here a long time knows me and will tell you an anything but a troll.

Second, if you think Gronk has been great this year you haven't been watching. Gronk has been a good starting TE this year. For his standard, he has been awful. He is still a very good blocker. He is not a great receiver anymore. He was an above average TE. That isn't anything special.

My point is Bucs may not see him worth the money he is asking for.

Glad Gronk is enjoying himself.

That's all I'll say.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes