PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I gotta be me - Rob Gonkowski

Gronk has always been a knucklehead. I never expect that to change. He is a Free Agent so he can do as he pleases if Tampa is going to pay him enough.
He has.

But, when he played for NE he (1) produced (2) worked hard (3) kept his trap shut - usually (4) won many games (5) blocked when others would have whined...

He’s 32 and not nearly in his prime - due to age and wear/tear. Glad he was a Patriot. Don’t begrudge him moving along.

Second, if you think Gronk has been great this year you haven't been watching. Gronk has been a good starting TE this year. For his standard, he has been awful. He is still a very good blocker. He is not a great receiver anymore. He was an above average TE. That isn't anything special.
Like I said, Gronk has been great this year and as exceeded the expectations that TB had. It’s clear that Gronk isn’t what he used to but TB didn’t sign Gronk to put Kelce receiving stats. If it’s what you think and what you expected Gronk to be then yes, you are a troll.

name me one TE in this league that blocked better than Gronk this year? I don’t know many TE that can block a DE like chase young one on one. Gronk was brought in to be a blocker and a RZ weapon which he did great. All the yards he got were a bonus. He basically had the same stats as 2018 but un 2018 he was supposed to be the number one threat of the O in NE, in TB he is the 4th or 5th receiver. He is not the focal point of the offense like he was in NE, so I don’t judge him, like you, like he still was.

the guy is 10th in receiving yards amongst TE and 6th in TD. He had a pretty good year for the role he had in TB.

He has.

But, when he played for NE he (1) produced (2) worked hard (3) kept his trap shut - usually (4) won many games (5) blocked when others would have whined...

He’s 32 and not nearly in his prime - due to age and wear/tear. Glad he was a Patriot. Don’t begrudge him moving along.
Don't begrudge him moving on, but why do these guys have to dump on BB who helped to develop him into one of the greatest TE's of all time.
OK BB was tough and did not allow you "personal freedom" to be who you want to be. We get it!!! But BB also helped make you a boat load of money and helped make you famous.
If you do not want to be gracious and express some gratitude.....keep your pie hole shut!

Like I said, Gronk has been great this year and as exceeded the expectations that TB had. It’s clear that Gronk isn’t what he used to but TB didn’t sign Gronk to put Kelce receiving stats. If it’s what you think and what you expected Gronk to be then yes, you are a troll.

name me one TE in this league that blocked better than Gronk this year? I don’t know many TE that can block a DE like chase young one on one. Gronk was brought in to be a blocker and a RZ weapon which he did great. All the yards he got were a bonus. He basically had the same stats as 2018 but un 2018 he was supposed to be the number threat of the O in NE, in TB he is the 4th or 5th receiver. He is not the focal point of the offense like he was in NE, so I don’t judge him, like you, like he still was.

the guy is 10th in receiving yards amongst TE and 6th in TD. He had a pretty good year for the role he had in TB.

If you think they traded for Gronk to be a blocking TE, you are crazy. The guy is making $9 million in Tampa this year. You don't pay a blocking TE that kind of money. They may not have expected Gronk to be the Gronk of 2011, but I think they figured he might be the Gronk of 2017. He wasn't either.

Again, he was above average in a bad year for TEs. I don't know if he exceeded any expectations.

As for who was a better TE, I don't know. I don't watch TE blocking myself. There probably wasn't anyone or maybe one or two better at most.

Gronk is annoying in a fun way when he's on our team, and annoying in an annoying way when he's not.

Just not a charismatic dude. Explains why his celebrity career was a total bust.

Gronk is annoying in a fun way when he's on our team, and annoying in an annoying way when he's not.

Just not a charismatic dude. Explains why his celebrity career was a total bust.

I personally don't look at Gronk any differently now than when he was with the Pats. He is a good natured meathead. I pretty much ignored his off field stuff when he was here and I have ignored it since he left.

There's only so long you can play the meathead dumb jock role. It's like a live version of Steve Stiffler from American Pie

Now, I don’t think it’s about the money for Gronk. He wants to play with Tom and said he was coming back next year. They need money to sign some of their FA. I think, he will sign a 1y 5M deal. And for the matter, I think Godwin will resign for under the market value to stay in Tampa.
i agree that Vivian's Gronkie wants to play with Tommy Boy. If it is about the $ for Gronk (which I say not, within reason) he's not coming back since Tamper has cap issues and teams that get to the SB and especially win it find that their own FAs have escalated in price. That said Gronk will Retire Release 2.0 rather than go to team X for $$.
As to Godwin, he needs to have solid ERROR FREE next 2 games to get near the FA $ he's expecting. A 3rd playoff game where he makes huge drops will alert sane GMs concerned about his crunch time focus & contribution or lack of same.

The guy is making $9 million in Tampa this year. You don't pay a blocking TE that kind of money.
it was the salary of his last year of his contract in NE, it came with him. They had the space, it was only one year at 9MThey wouldn’t have paid him 9M if he was a free agent.

if you think BA would have expected 2017 level after his 2018 performances and one year off, you are either delusional or trolling.

Because its about to get better when Gonk has his own platform during Super Bowl media week and he can say whatever he wants.
1 game at a time...win in the Frozen Tundra not so easy...

Against the Saints in the divisional round Gronk was a step behind 3 times from Brady's passes. Brady put it where he had to to keep it out of harms way and where Gronk used to be able to get to. Brady hasnt lost his zip but it's obvious Gronk has. Hes still valuable to the Bucs though.

Gronk isn't alone. After watching Brady do GOAT things in another uniform after a season full of Cant Newton, I'm not so fond of Bill either.
Brady isn't doing it in a vacuum, he's got plenty of weapons down there.

Don't begrudge him moving on, but why do these guys have to dump on BB who helped to develop him into one of the greatest TE's of all time.
OK BB was tough and did not allow you "personal freedom" to be who you want to be. We get it!!! But BB also helped make you a boat load of money and helped make you famous.
If you do not want to be gracious and express some gratitude.....keep your pie hole shut!
Some people only see the gruff and the crank. BB is a treasure. He is - by far - my fav sports personality of alltime. He has a single focus on winning and accountability.

The potential amount of Netflix specials about BB is tremendous. Can’t wait to watch them. Crazy stories from all over the League.

They can dump if they want. They know not of what they speak. SURE : fun ! The only reason they want their liberty & fun is because they already did what every single for other player TRULY wants. WINNING.

More and more I could give a rats *** what ex-Pats do or have to say (of course I read this thread).

I guess Gronk really despised BB. The comments he made about how now he feels free under Arians are pretty telling. I do not think it was necessary to throw BB under the bus like that, but he is free to say whatever he wants to. I guess in today's NFL if you are a coach you have to keep your stars happy.
All time great Patriot, who I loved when he was healthy and playing.

He was constantly getting injured when he was in NE the past few years, now he plays a whole season without any nagging injuries.
Part of me wonders if he milked some of those injuries because he did not like playing for BB.
Do you honestly think he milked those injuries??? The hits he took over the years shows what a tough guy Gronk was, most players wouldn’t last in this league by taking so many shots as he has endured in his first few seasons.
He has played the whole season because he is not taking as many snaps as he use to with the Pats, he is their backup TE. Brate is their number one and OJ Howard would have been number 2 then Gronk.

He has earned his keep and has earned a spot into the Pats HOF and future NFL HOF.

Gonk found liberty in Tampa and liberty is freedom of speech.

He can say whatever he wants, but it will never change the fact that Brady and Belichick made him famous. Belichick took a chance on Gonk with his sore back and Belichick approved the 2 TE offense that a lot of teams use today. Belichick let his offensive coordinators make Gonk a focal point in the passing offense.

BB never prevented Gonk from doing his stupid spikes in the end zone. Let the big dummy talk about how bad it was playing 9 seasons in NE on a team that went to the playoffs 9 times. Gonk has never been on a non playoff team during his 10 years in the NFL.

**** Butkus, Gale Sayers and Archie Manning never made the playoffs.
Sorry Tumph, but I don't remember hearing Gonk talk sh!t about the Pats and I think he would have been special anyway. The idea that a GM, HC or owner gets credit for a players ability on the field is preposterous.

**** Butkis and Gayle Sayers deserved to be on a winner. Archie Manning did not.

Maybe Bill should take that advice and be more gracious to, I don't know, everyone? As was mentioned long ago, Bill's act is fine when you're winning but won't play well when the team is losing. We've now reached that point.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back